Topic: IS IT OUT THERE ? Searching for models (UPDATE January 31, 2007)  (Read 75223 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Hiya folks , as all of us well know, many model sites have disappeared over the years and it hasn't been until recently that people have started to collect the ships in a community site. As well as some instances where a site was revamped and certain models are no longer hosted or the Moddler/Host doesn't have all thier respective works on the page. I know many individuals such as Fallen_Warrior , Starforce2, and myself have many of them in our private stash as well as others in this community. Time and again we all see requests for certain ships get posted and I thought well why not have one thread to request certain ships. Please don't mistake this as a thread to request that a certain ship BE built , but to find out if it HAS BEEN built and to the location and or availablity of said ship.

With that being said I wish to start this thread...........Now I was out surfing (AGAIN) and I came across

Wraith Works
http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/
Renders by Hollis J Wood. And I noticed that the renders are primarily of ships done by people of this forum. In fact I have most of them , but not all.In fact I don't even know if the ships in question were ever built. SO knowing this.....................

IS IT OUT THERE ?

USS Nagato - FOUND At Battleclinic and SFC3http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/wraithdock800x600
http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/nagato_profile800x600.JPG

USS Tsavo
http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/tTsavo_3D800x600.jpg

Unknown ship by Tachy- FOUND Dawntreader has it ( make request via email )http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/reti800x600.jpg

Unknow ships attacking Borg sphere
http://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/zorgworld800x600.jpg

Unknown ship leaving starbase- FOUND Major A Payne working on ithttp://www.frost-works.com/wraithworks/startrek/800/dilligent1800x600.jpg

Any information would be most appreciated. Thanks everyone.
-MP
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:36:34 am by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: IS IT OUT THERE ? (Please sticky )
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 09:56:24 am »
That last one is called the Dilligent class- I had asked and obtained permission to convert it and several others from Sci-Fi Meshes, but can't get the 3DMax program there to convert it properly; maybe someone beat me? I always thought it and several others there to be pretty fierce looking.

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 10:10:46 am »
You mean this dilligent?? Which Iobtained permission to recreate as a lower poly (1709) game model??

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 03:24:56 pm »
WOO HOO that's TWO down............see I knew a thread like this would be a great idea.
( Begging of Moderators) PLEASE sticky.
-MP
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 04:24:03 pm by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 11:56:13 pm »
That ship by Tachy, is called the Excelsior B.  An SFC2 and OP version was made by Anduril from pictures of the original.  If you want, I can post it to Battleclinics.

From the Readme:

Greetings.

This is the USS Excelsior
NCC-2000B

It was designed by "Tachy" and built for Starfleet Command 2 and Orion Pirates by myself.  Keep in mind this is an unathorized recreation using the pictures posted at various sites and a semi-decent ortho provided to me and was not made for profit or my own glory.  Only for enjoyment within the aforementioned games.

The model has been set up as a Battlecruiser within the game and includes hardpoints, damage points, a taldren style break mod and is illuminated.

enjoy.

Anduril
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 12:15:54 am »
Post the Excelsior-B publically and Tachy'll pounce on us like a Tiger (if he's still around).  That model's unreleased for good reason.  "Unauthorized" means the person does not have permission.  Don't you have permission to release the Excelsior-B from Anduril, let alone Tachy?  Just warning people so chaos wouldn't break loose and a friendly atmosphere preserved.

However, if you have permission, then ignore my warning.  I, however, look forward to the Dilligent's release.  I kind-of like that small starship.  That is, if it's SFC2-friendly and you have permission for releasing it as indicated before that people do.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 12:16:54 am »
half the pix are 404 not found. But I've seen that defiant around. Can't remeber where but it is out there.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 12:50:46 am »
Oooooooooo baby post it please........as for why the links aren't working on some of the pics I dunno.
-MP

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 01:14:38 am »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 01:40:03 am »
Is there a SFC version available?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 01:45:37 am »
Hmmmm, http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Excelsior_B;5029

Good catch Major, I guess we can expect a link to the SFC version posted at Battleclinic soon ? Hope hope
-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 02:56:05 am »
OK I fixed the pic links that didn't work in the first post. They work fine now.
-MP

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 03:15:20 am »
If I can find where the Excelsior-B SFC model is posted, I will put up the link.  This ship is too good not to be out there.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 04:51:24 am »
umm the nagato is on sfc3files.com, i know that for a fact
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 05:29:59 am »
umm the nagato is on sfc3files.com, i know that for a fact

Thanks 7th , in fact I was guided to 2 varients of that ship. Everyone please post any inquiries on any ship ya think might have been modeled here. That way we'll collect all the stray stuff that's still hiding out there in collections, and get them posted for everyone to D/L and enjoy.
 ;D :thumbsup:
-MP

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 05:38:00 am »
Dont put it up for download, tachy will have a fit, however what you can do is email to whoever requests it, because then it isnt public.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 05:41:24 am »
Dont put it up for download, tachy will have a fit, however what you can do is email to whoever requests it, because then it isnt public.

In that case..........PLEASE MAIL IT HERE
DocBarJovi@hotmail.com
Thank you
-MP

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 05:42:29 am »
Hell, could anyone who has it toss it my way too?

Furyofaseraph@gmail.com
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 06:02:05 am »
im dling the 3ds max mesh and i can convert to sfc if you want :D
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 06:13:35 am »
although i dont know how to lower polys or properly export it to sfc.. i hvae the plugins tho...