Topic: IS IT OUT THERE ? Searching for models (UPDATE January 31, 2007)  (Read 75226 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: IS IT OUT THERE ? (Please sticky )
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2005, 02:21:30 pm »
Ok next up.................

The ship I'm looking for looks like this,minus the 2 top narcelles. And it thier place is a large round sensor pod. It was done because I have it on my sons puter in the states. Anyone have it ?

And.........

A varient of this design except the third narcelle is attached to the secondary hull ala Nebula style.
Again I know it's been done cause I have it in the states. Anyone have it?

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/missilecruiser_geraldo.jpg

Thirdly for Azel............a while back you asked for this Multi torp cruiser which had the torps stacked on the neck. If memory serves the ships was made. Do you or anyone else still have it ?

And finally again a call for anyone who may have the ships from Tiberius Station of perhaps knows the owner of the old site who can get in touch with them and get those ships posted somewhere. And I saw recently 3 ships from the old Doomsong site are at Battleclinic. Anyone have the others from that page ?

-MP
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 02:40:22 pm by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2005, 02:33:53 pm »
 ;D Kudos to my six year-old son who found this MP...

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,c5bdfbd5b833b82ee55432eb2008b094.zip

I'm in the process of attempting to catalog my TMP and TNG era ships and I know I've seen the first ship around. Battlezone the mod maybe?

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2005, 02:43:59 pm »
WTG KF but i'm looking for the varient of that one. On the varient the third narcelle eminates from the rear of the secondary hull like the nebula pod mount. The pic you have posted is the other one I already have. Thanks for going through your stuff for the community I'm sure, like myself you'll find some ships we ALL forgot about. Hopefully some Klinks  ;D and Romies
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2005, 06:11:10 pm »
ok the excelsior B has been dealt with for me, KF sent a bunch of emails out :D thanks and +1
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2005, 06:30:39 pm »
if anyones found the B or can tell me how to properly export the 3dsmax stuff to sf format  and lower the poly count ud be REALLY grateful :D

You can't just reduce the polygon count of a hi-res model, it doesn't work that way. That's like taking a hammer and chisel to a sculpture - all you get is a big blocky mess. If it were really that simple, nobody would spend hours upon hours making whole new ships when they could just go out and reduce an already available hi-res mesh. A much more cleaner and effective way is to simply build a new model to low-res specs and just use the original as a guide. Which is, incidentally, what happened with the Excelsior B...

As for converting a ship to .mod format, all you need is the mod conversion plugin for whatever version of 3ds you have. Though there are some versions that don't have plugins for them.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2005, 03:21:09 am »
ok so nvm my idea LOL

but i DO have the plugins... and i DID export them... but i tried usin model viewer to load it and no go :S
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2005, 08:16:51 am »
The textures also need to be converted, if I'm right.  I'm not good at getting the textures to port over.  I know some people know how to do that. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2005, 01:56:39 pm »
you guys still need this ??

its an SFC3 converted Excelsior B made by Dawn for A2, i had Dawns permission for the conversion and release and i think he had permission from the maker of the high poly mesh to make an A2 version and for releasing it  :)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2005, 05:59:06 pm »
 ;D

OK,  I'm now  looking for an Abbe Class DRONE variant from a TMP era Chris Jones mod that would go by the file name "ftorpns3". This model is an Abbe Class with MISSILES instead of photon torpedoes. I have the Abbe CV variant with DTW's textures on it now, I am just waiting to get this Drone variant to add these retextures to Battleclinic.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2005, 10:10:24 am »
That looks a little more improved than Anduril's Excelsior-B model, albeit I'm kind-of dissapointed this one's only for SFC3 (I prefer SFC1 or 2 but that's just me).  Oh well... *shrug* I'm looking for a good-enough webspace that's free and allows more than just a few megs, especially for uploading stuff... Then I can post some things I have people might want or something... *shrug* Like that Terran Empire CA retexture I have.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2005, 10:16:48 am »
That looks a little more improved than Anduril's Excelsior-B model, albeit I'm kind-of dissapointed this one's only for SFC3 (I prefer SFC1 or 2 but that's just me).  Oh well... *shrug* I'm looking for a good-enough webspace that's free and allows more than just a few megs, especially for uploading stuff... Then I can post some things I have people might want or something... *shrug* Like that Terran Empire CA retexture I have.

its no problem to convert it to SFC2 and post it somewhere for download

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2005, 02:12:41 pm »

Try this Chris it's free...............
http://members16.freewebs.com/MembersB/documentManager.jsp?token=44bd25aef1394bb0ff81b7475b&showAll=1

This is where manitobashipyards aka Outalance started.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2005, 09:21:16 pm »
OK I am still looking for the DRONE carrying version of the Abbe Class....

Also I am NOW looking for some STOCK Hydran Apache kitbashes that were made over two years ago.

Here's the STOCK Apache picture:

IIRC they were resized and had different style command structures and pods on them.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline SFLetoAtreides

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2005, 03:23:08 am »
Ok.....here's a question. Does anyone have a Gua'old mothership (Hatak) model somewhere in their library? I know that someone who goes by the name of "inragedSith" had one, and I saw that he released that ship and a few other Stargate ships last spring, but unfortunately the links he provided in this forum are no longer functional and I haven't been able to contact him. Can anybody hook me up with this ship?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2005, 11:55:27 am »
Anybody know where to get a HI POLY Klingon Academy Romulan Gladius RFF? Possibly a QobnuH kitbash using Thulls warp engine?

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2005, 03:44:35 pm »
Anybody know where to get a HI POLY Klingon Academy Romulan Gladius RFF? Possibly a QobnuH kitbash using Thulls warp engine?

KF

Got a pic of it ? There's one called the Praex over at Battleclinic that Qobnuh did.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2005, 10:38:13 pm »

KF

Got a pic of it ? There's one called the Praex over at Battleclinic that Qobnuh did.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/ships/rom029.jpg

I know its either in the BAttlezone or Dominion War mod....

Still no Abbe class DRONE cruiser or Hydran kitbashes...

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2005, 04:00:07 am »
KF that pic was way small............is this it ?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2005, 05:46:31 pm »
KF that pic was way small............is this it ?

Nope that's a kitbash of the FASA Romullan V-30 Winged Defender by Qobnuh.

http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/downloads/unity/roms/AlbatrossBS.jpg

The Gladius is called the Albatross in the UNITY mod and is at the STMODDIRECTORY.

Qobnuh was made aware of this model and MAY be doing a kitbash that adds a Thulls Romulan warp to it.

Still looking for Chris Jones's TMP mod; I sent him an e-mail staing that part one of the Mod has a defective download link page and I'm unable to upload it any other way to get the Abbe class  DRONE variant that I know is in there.

I'm also still looking for the unnamed Hydran HCL kitbashes too.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC