Topic: Hybrid Fed/Rom/Klingon/Col. Kitbash request...  (Read 5170 times)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Hybrid Fed/Rom/Klingon/Col. Kitbash request...
« on: January 23, 2005, 02:11:40 am »
I'm planning on revamping an old comic strip I did a long while back as a free webcomic.   The storyline is a rather silly cross-universe parody, with occasional 'rules lawyering' thrown in for comedic effect.

I remember ISC Theater running not too long ago, which I quite enjoyed.  And I remember that the guy who did ISC Theater had a couple of special models made for the strip (mostly texture changes as I remember).  And he would use SFC battle footage occasionally in the strip.  I'm planning on doing something along the same lines, as there is a fair amount of ship to ship combat in my storyline.

I have two ships which are featured in my story that have a 'cross dimensional accident', and end up swapping various hull sections from three different ships (remember, this is a parody!).   The hanger pods are found later...

Here are some pics of some photoshop bashes I did to show what I need done...
Click on pics for larger images

The Rom is the standard model in the Orion Pirates RCX folder, with the 'beak' chopped off to accomodate the boom.  I inverted it so that it would look more like the classic Warbird.

The Klingon is the standard model as well.  If you have a better D7 model in mind (any TMP/TNG era D7 should be fine), I wouldn't be opposed to using one (assuming permissions are in order).

The Fed is done by either Moonraker, Darkdrone, or P-81 if I remember right (no readme included in the folder).  Basically I need a 3 engine Federation class Dreadnought or similar, with the side engines slung low to clear the rom hull.  This particular model has Photons slung right under the third engine, clearing the bridge of the saucer, which would fit best with the storyline I have in mind.  A 'carrier' secondary hull would be nice too, but other than something Firesoul posted about recently, I'm not seeing any other appropriate ones via the forum search function at the moment...

The hangar pods are off a Battlestar Model I grabbed a while back, which Kane Avenue did some modifications on.  The original modeler is Muadib, so I don't know the permissions issues.  Of course, there may be other BG models out there with better looking hanger pods for all I know...

Would anyone like to take a crack at these?  I could very much use the help!

Thanks!
EschelonOfJudgement

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: Hybrid Fed/Rom/Klingon/Col. Kitbash request...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:33:49 am »
WOW  :o

They are the most ugliest ships I have ever seen  ;)

If I was going to incorprate 3 completley different ships, I would stick to one colour... go with fed gray, klink or rom green, not all 3 :)

Look forward to seeing this develop further  ;)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 06:04:45 am »
Well I was just photochopping to get the concept across.  Matching color wasn't a priority at the time...

But mismatched schemes would certainly fit the mood of the crew of the time:
 "Our saucer is fused to what?!?"
:P

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 02:55:28 pm »
Here's and idea for ya...........

Start with the Akira
Mate the Galactica launch bays turned upside down to the  ship above the warp narcelles to forn an X appearance.
Then mate the Rom BoP ya used above to the bottom of the Akira saucer.

Just a thought.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 05:06:46 pm »
adefiant fused to a ktinga at the warp pylons there would be klingon pylons goin to defiant engies... umm... a rom... god i dont know what....
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:08:57 am »
How about this one..........TOS Connie and a D-7

http://users.sisna.com/roguewing1/schematics/trek-fed-fan-mine/wayfarer.jpg

Oh and if ya wanna try to learn to bash it yourself,here's a great free starter kitbashing program.....

http://www.nightsoft.net/basement_rat/utilities/M6.zip

-MP
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 05:17:48 am by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 01:26:45 am »
Sooo, it's 13 years later, and I finally have my own Kitbashed model of this, although it mixes TOS with TMP.  And it's for Daz Studio/Art renders though, not for SFC...

BTW the central hanger bay tail section is from the USS Ares, with the hanger section added using Daz primitives.  Someone recently made Tobias Richter's D6 and USS Ares available for Poser/Daz.

Also, I'm mixing SFB and FASA lore here.  She's an Alliance of Free Worlds ship.  The AOFW is located in neutral space between the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan empires, a region known as the Triangle - this would replace Tholian space in SFB, and the Tholians would be locaded in some other location.

Unfortunately, the best I'd ever be able to do is export as .obj, but converting to whatever format SFC: OP would use, yeah I don't  have those programs.  Blender isn't my thing even if it could do such a conversion, and I'm not looking to shell out money on new software, as Daz Studio does most of what I need to do.  I'm more of an artist these days anyways...

I do have Poser, but I'm guessing that won't export the proper format for a SFC model in any case.  Plus it's probably WAAAAAY over the poly counts typically used in SFC.

While tracking down an .obj of a TMP era Federation Dreadnought might be nice, I've grown to like having the TOS nacelle at the top... and it would fit with the 'history' of this ship, i.e. a TOS era DN sitting in the scrap heap awaiting salvage, only to be rescued by enterprising AOFW fleet personnel through an auction/negotiation with Starfleet.  Of course, Franz Joseph DNs aren't part of FASA lore, but cross dimensional stuff ties in with the story, so it'd be an alternate timeline thing.

Note that the models I used for this kitbash are 'personal use only' which means I can't use them commercially or redistribute them.  I suppose I could ask the various modelers for permission, but I suspect that not many people would be interested in this ship in the first place.  It's mainly for a story anyways.

If I ever decide to resurrect the very primitive comic strip I did briefly that featured this ship several decades ago, I might use her in a visual novel or something, but it'd have to be 'free', unless I could secure commercial usage rights for the donor models, if I were to do the  Patreon artist thing.

Ahh well, I like how she's turning out anyways, although I have a number of other tweaks that I still want to do.

Just had to share.  As for the other ship I featured in my OP, well  it's on my to do list the next time I feel like doing another starship  Kitbash in Daz.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:41:57 am by EschelonOfJudgemnt »