Topic: SNSGALAXY is done  (Read 10517 times)

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
Re: SNSGALAXY is done
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 02:50:14 am »
I love it.  The ship is WZ quality work.  It looks almost perfect.
The hardpoints work, but they need to be altered.  The Heavy HPs turned to Phaser HPs, and Phaser HPs to Heavy.  Right now, phasers fire from the photon launcher.  The photons fire from the phaser emitters.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 03:15:01 am »
Im glad you like her chris  i ended up using the Alpha channel to get the lightmaps on the sauser then made the rest up as i went i wanted to get the lightmaps as canon as i could but i also wanted her to look stunning in low light  so i added a few spot lights here and there

Hey F_W let somebody make a Nebula from it... I can't wait myself to see a Nebula class from it ;D
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 02:56:13 pm »
A Galaxy X would always be sweet to have out of this.  Or at least a Dominion War upgrade with that Gray mark down her Star drive and Phaser Strips on the Nacelles.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 04:00:01 pm »
Don't they have a Nebula, Galaxy X, and Venture refit on BC?  We could convert those too.  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 06:22:19 pm »
CG Sovereign V 2.0 is almost ready this is the shot posted at BCfiles.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 07:01:34 pm »
sweet

when its done dl to the ftp site put it in the conversions folder

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 07:14:39 pm »
sweet

when its done dl to the ftp site put it in the conversions folder

you mean in here? ftp://FTP://67.136.232.124/MANITOBA
I'm not sure when the ship will be downloadable but i'll keep watchin for it.

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 07:28:19 pm »
thats fine. 

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 08:46:46 pm »
Really sweet model !!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2005, 01:41:59 pm »
um I don't want to put a stinker on things but you've completely missed the battle section phasers off the neck, pylons and the pairs around the rear torp and below. Any chance you can rectify it? I tried myself but Milkshape hates teh poly count and it does detract a lot from the detail. :( Great conversion other than that though :)
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2005, 02:33:49 pm »
I did notice the Phasers are gone but I think that is because the only Phasers in Bridge Commander are the two main ones to begin with.  But I never really cared if they were there or not, the model looks great as it is.  But one thing that I did notice is that when I viewed the ship in the Mod Viewer the textures for the Phaser strips were not there.  It is just white.  But its not really important as long as they work in the game, and they do.  I just thought it was weird.

Offline CC22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2005, 02:53:13 pm »
I did notice the Phasers are gone but I think that is because the only Phasers in Bridge Commander are the two main ones to begin with.  But I never really cared if they were there or not, the model looks great as it is.  But one thing that I did notice is that when I viewed the ship in the Mod Viewer the textures for the Phaser strips were not there.  It is just white.  But its not really important as long as they work in the game, and they do.  I just thought it was weird.

Um no all of them are used and also you are missing the point that its meant to be as true to the real model as possible.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2005, 07:36:00 pm »
Dude if that model is 100% yours complete from scratch then I take my hat off too you.... as making the hull section on a galaxy model is no easy task.... infact it is FU**ING very hard work........  :o

;)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2005, 08:27:37 pm »
Marky, it's actually a conversion from a BC custom-made model by a BC modeler named "Scotchy".

Scotchy's Galaxy-class model for Bridge Commander

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2005, 08:30:24 pm »
Oh.... thanks chris...... great Conversion Mani  ;)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2005, 08:51:45 pm »

Um no all of them are used and also you are missing the point that its meant to be as true to the real model as possible.

Were they?  I have actually only played the Demo version and the only Phasers that worked were the main two on the saucer.  I guess they all work in the full version.

Offline CC22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2005, 10:13:20 pm »
oh lol that explains it yea there were only limited phasers on the stock ships. This SNS Galaxy has supurb HP's. If you get the chance BC is well worth purchasing btw :)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2005, 10:36:23 pm »
In my opinion, BC didn't last long for me, enjoyability-wise.  The mod installer things got too complicated for me back around 2002, and I played multiplayer online for a short while before I gave up.  I was about to get it until I got Klingon Academy again at Christmas 2003 (I lost it around August 2001), and decided playing that again.  Gameplay and mod-wise I say KA was better, and it gave me much memories, be it whilst playing Single Player or Multiplayer.  Don't get me wrong, BC's probably good now with more visual eye-candy, but I'm if-iffy on reinstalling it and getting all sorts of things that you don't normally need for installing mods in KA or SFC, for example.  Plus, I'm running out of space... *shrug*
I also didn't notice the missing phaser strips until recently.  I was too amazed at someone converting Scotchy's Galaxy, and I was tinkering with the ID Illumination and normal ID texture maps to pay attention... *shrug* Still, it would be nice for an update, if bothered.  That, and hardpoints for SFC2. :) But that's probably asking too much, and I should be glad with what I have.  And I am, at the moment.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2005, 03:12:43 am »
Scotchy has a really nice Akira up.  Hope someone will convert it.  Please!!
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/SNS_Akira;21059

Also these ones would be nice:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Challenger;27029
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Reinvisioned_Galactica_Ship_Pack;36087

Also, the pictures of the BC model show phaser strips that are missing on the conversion.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2005, 02:01:33 pm »
Actually I have been hoping to buy Bridge Commander.  I enjoyed it.  Modding it sounds hard but I thought modding Grand Theft Auto would be hard and it turned out to be easier than modding SFC after getting used to it.  I am glad to hear that the real Bridge Commander has accurate weapons.  The Demo irritated me because the Galaxy was so defenseless.  She only had two Phasers and three Photon Launchers.  That sucked, she is supposed to have like three Photons and 11 Phasers.  Oh and that is one nice Akira.  But I’m still geared towards a Nemesis Sovereign.  I think the Nemesis Sovereign was the most beautiful Sovereign, its just that the movie was aimed at fast paced action that we never got to see any beauty shots like in First Contact.  Although I got Goosebumps when they first showed her flyby in Nemesis.