Topic: SNSGALAXY is done  (Read 10524 times)

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SNSGALAXY is done
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 02:34:49 pm »
Hate to be a nag lol but is there any chance you can fix her? I opened her up in model editor and found the pylon phasers embedded in the Saucer section for some strange reason  ???. After some anoying fiddling I had them placed properly but it is still missing the 'neck' phasers.
Also the 'Venture' sub type and the Dominion War version with the added fighter bay would be so great to have converted....

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase lol.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 11:09:36 pm »
sorry its taking awhile works been hecktic lately. but i should be able to fix it saturday

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2005, 02:39:32 am »
Mani whatabout this Excelsior Study Model on your ftp? It has some minor flaws but there's nothing more to correct. She's damn fine exept those extra faces which can be seen over the deflector dish  ;)  :o
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2005, 11:30:17 pm »
will do too. 

Offline CC22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2005, 06:47:54 pm »
 :D
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2005, 04:23:27 pm »
the SNS is corrected i hope. i put the phaser strips on the rear pylons. if i missed anything thing else just let me know. now to touch up the excelsior study 2 model

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2005, 06:41:19 pm »
I don't mean to nitpick harshly as Manitoba has done a wonderful, wonderful job here, but if the SNS Galaxy is going to be accurate (with the phaser strips), look at these pics:

(Edit: Just clearing up some space, so you won't see 'em.)

The colors on the circles drawn on pics of the SFC versions have been inverted, so y'know where they should go (roughly, not exactly).

Again, I don't mean to nitpick too harshly and whine or anything like that.  As I stated, Manitoba has done well with the conversion and I should be glad with what I have.  I am... But if improvements are in need, I just like to help out by pointing something out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 07:30:59 pm by Chris Johnson »

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline CC22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2005, 08:47:22 pm »
Have you done the phaser strips that are on the back of the saucer? Ive corrected it all myself fully but an 'official' version would be good lol... also my version has the id textures reversed on the hull for some reason.. pain in the a*se  :-\
Also any word on the Venture and Dominion war versions?

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2005, 11:31:22 pm »
u guys rnt nitpickin,  ur helping getting it right.  as im not a big galaxy fan lol . 

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2005, 12:06:10 am »
I noticed that if or when there is a Dominion War refit, that there is a dark grey marking on the back of the ship.  I don’t see the point of it but it's there.  It looks kind of neat I guess.  But the only big details were the added Phasers on the Nacelles.  But if I could have anything it would be a really good X Variant make out of this.  That would be sweet!
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2005, 12:11:01 am »
The new version has got serious alignment issues with some of the surfaces.  It is visible in this picture:
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2005, 12:15:36 am »
yeah i noticed that after i saw the pix, sorry for that , i was really tired. and missed it. when i went back and redid it to get the phaser strips.

Offline CC22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2005, 03:31:28 pm »
Aw! lol I'm glad you have such an enlightened attitude Mani. It is just merely to help you get her perfect as you say :)

For those asking about the DS9 version the BC release came with 3versions... Galaxy standard (ie Ent D), Venture with the necelle phasers, and a so-called Dominion war refit that is the same as the standard but with a dedicated 'fighter bay' above the main shuttle bay. Each version has different coloured deflectors/deflector mountings... No different coloured battle-sections despite the on screen evidence. Personally this is fine by me lol.

Offline Captain Spadaro

• should know better by now
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2005, 04:54:35 pm »
manitoba1073, I can't get into your ftp site.  Is there another place people can download it from?
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 07:10:25 pm »
Heh, we're interested in the exact same ship, Spadaro.  Not just of class, but of name and registry as well.

Try typing the URL in internet explorer again, or in some explorer window or something. *shrug* It works fine for me when I do that.

Offline Captain Spadaro

• should know better by now
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2005, 08:37:00 pm »
To quote manitoba1073's post, "ok i think i got it figured out now. goto internet options, click advanced tab. then uncheck the passive mode. that should work now", every time I try to do that, IE freezes up.  Why not post it at SFC3files.com (it IS for SFC3, right?).
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2005, 09:28:04 pm »
I hope someone helps him make it for SFC2 as well (and maybe if we're lucky, SFC1 too), so everyone playing some SFC game could enjoy this model, and not just the SFC3ers that can see phasers coming from phaser arrays and not only magically-through the neck like SFC2ers.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2005, 11:54:47 pm »
In TNG, the phasers actually did fire from torpedo bays once.  Don't remember which episode though.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2005, 12:27:32 am »
ok its updated. should be allgood now. and i will upload it here too.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2005, 01:03:51 am »
In TNG, the phasers actually did fire from torpedo bays once.  Don't remember which episode though.

They did in "Darmok" [TNG].  I heard somewhere that there were complaints about it in fanmail back then.  I thought they didn't have a load of Photon Torps back then so they reconfigured it temporarily into a Phaser turret/bank/etc.  I think though in "The Best of Both Worlds, Part 1" [TNG], when the Enterprise-D first fired all weapons at the Borg, there was phasers firing near, if not inside the Torpedo bay, despite Photon Torpedoes firing.  I have to look at my VHS copy though.

As for the Galaxy-class model being updated, I'm downloading as we speak.  It'll take some time, and I'm tired, so I'll try it tommorow.