Topic: ****New Cruiser Hell Downloads and stuff****  (Read 6814 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
****New Cruiser Hell Downloads and stuff****
« on: February 20, 2005, 10:55:30 am »
Below is the link to the installer.   This is the first installer I have ever written so though it is not very elegant, it works.   

NOTE:  INTALL OP+ 4.0 FIRST!!!!!  I do not have error checking in the install.

http://69.115.120.11:9000/images/NCH.msi

The Installer is a Microsoft Installer File (.MSI) which every PC in the world should be able to install at this point in time.  The installer is about 8MB is size so it shouldn’t be too hard on the dial-up crowd.  Both the models and the Scripts used are included in the installer.

Two Shortcuts will appear on your desktop after running the NCH Installer.  The Shortcut to “New_Cruiser_Hell.bat” will back up your current OP+ 4.0 installation files and copy the needed files for connecting to the server.  The Shortcut to ” NCH_uninstall.bat” will restore the existing OP+ 4.0 installation.

I must warn everyone, there is no error checking in this installer so if you screw up you stuff, you have to fix it yourself.   Install at your own risk.

Now, on to the Rules:

1.   One pilot per ship
2.   Be nice.   It’s a fun server, no need to be a jerk.
3.   If it is in the yard, you can fly it.
4.   Casual Tenders (those with 2 PFs) may not fly leader type PFs and cannot recall them after they are launched.
5.   Hydrans may have 50% Helebore fighters.
6.   Server starts in 2273.   FYA of NCA ships have been modified to come out in 2273.

New Battler Cruisers:  What would a DH server be without added cheese?  In keeping with tradition, I’ve added Battlecruisers ships build on the NCC hulls based off of the NBCs from the PHD Shipyard Website.  See the below descriptions:

(R2024) NEW BATTLECRUISER (NBC) Desperate for a way to build larger ships faster, Star Fleet turned to the NCA. With 2 BC's about to be converted to a BCV and BCS, 2 NCA's (the Tirpidz and the Hindenburg) were modified to replace them. The NBC was based on a CLC with a stretched NCA rear hull. A third ship (the Ludendorf) was converted to a NBJ while under construction. These ships entered service in Y181 and Y182. In F&E terms this ship is identical to a BC, and no counter is provided.

http://www.phdship.com/02fed/fednbc.gif

(R3009) DWL WAR BATTLECRUISER (DWL) In an attempt to field larger warships faster and cheaper. the DSF decided to enlarge the D5W. 2 D5W were enlarged to create a Heavy Battlecruiser. The C5 was based on a D5W with a stretched rear hull. The first was introduced in Y182, the second following a year later. The third planned ship was modified into a stasis cruiser while under construction. In F&E terms this ship is identical to a C7 and no counter is provided.

http://www.phdship.com/03kln/klnc5.gif

The rest of the Ships (R-NHK+, Z-NBC, H-FUG, L-NBC, G-NBC) were made up by me based on similar changed to the NCC hulls of the respective races.   All FYAs are set to 2283 for this server.

WTF bother doing this?  Don’t we have enough BCHs?  The reason for including the NBCs is 2 fold.  The ships are a lot of fun, beta testing was a blast.  This is s fun server and something better needs to come out later for people to have fun in.

Also on future OOB servers where BCH ships are restricted, it would be nice to see better ships be generally-available in late when the BCH ships start getting converted to carriers and tenders.  A CCH can give a BCH a reasonable fight, but once the BCH becomes a carrier, the CCH is too badly out-gunned.  There need to be better generally-available ships for all pilots and I think NBCs can fill that role.

NOTE:   No ISC NBC ship.  ISC doesn’t really have NCA’s worth converting and I ran out of time.

Have fun folks..

Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
Re: ****New Cruiser Hell Downloads and stuff****
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 11:15:50 am »
Well, time for the computer moron question.  I played in the last server.  So, all I should need to do is just download this update, correct?

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 11:28:21 am »
Uninstall SGO4 first.  There is a program to do that on your programs list.  For me it was the very last program.

Villa
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 11:29:11 am »
Okay.  You got a link for the OP 4 download?

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 11:40:16 am »

If you played SGO then you have OP+ 4.0 in already.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 11:44:19 am »

If you played SGO then you have OP+ 4.0 in already.

Thanks Corbomite.  I am not good at this computer stuff.  Still learning a lot.  Well, let me go see if this works. ;D

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 12:48:36 pm »
Just took a quick couple of runs, and it looks like fun.  Stil hate fighters, but that is just me.   ;D  Anyone else going to play in the space fields today?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 01:12:11 pm »
Just took a quick couple of runs, and it looks like fun.  Stil hate fighters, but that is just me.   ;D  Anyone else going to play in the space fields today?

My Klink alter-ego is online.   Come get some Flatheads :P

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 02:02:26 pm »
Bases are apparantly not destoyable.....grrr....lol

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 03:05:19 pm »
My Klink alter-ego is online.   

;D...if you had a klink alter-ego....you'd have self destructed long ago...

DL'ing now. ;)

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 04:41:33 pm »
Hi, tried the download.  put in the 4.0, then ran your program.  it tells me there is fighter shiplist errors.  is there something i must do yet?

762_XC

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 07:27:51 pm »
Run the batch file it makes on the desktop.

Offline Spartan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 08:54:51 pm »
Sounds cool.  I'll try to d/l and get on tomorrow.

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 09:31:35 pm »
I am CTDing every time I attempt to view the Hydran shiplist via the shipyard when on the server, i.e. right-clicking on the ship in the shipyard.  I try to arrow over to see other ships and I CTD with an exception error.  Is this a common error and is there a fix for it??  Thanks.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline RFA-Wraith

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • What are you looking at?
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 01:24:17 am »
The first mission I tried I received a message at mission start saying that "ship size has been changed (possible attempt to cheat)".

I was still able to play the mission and nothing else seemed to be affected. Is there a fix or do I just ignore it?

PS. I am not a cheat!!  ;)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:55 am »
The first mission I tried I received a message at mission start saying that "ship size has been changed (possible attempt to cheat)".

I was still able to play the mission and nothing else seemed to be affected. Is there a fix or do I just ignore it?

PS. I am not a cheat!!  ;)

Restart the game.   You get that message when you swap shiplist while the game is running.

Offline RFA-Wraith

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • What are you looking at?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 05:40:52 pm »
Played again and no cheating message came up. Thanks.

Offline Pojo92

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Raise your hand! Raise your hand if your sure!"
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 08:21:47 pm »
 ??? Okay, time for another computer moron question from a different quarter-- How do I access the server?  D/L'd the installer, ran it, etc. etc., but when I sign on to the dynaverse, the only options I get are Strayys Tavern and the UAW test server.  Something else I need to do, or is the server just not up right now?

Regards,

Commander Moron, the Super-Noob.  :P
"The Red Death had long devastated the country.  No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its avatar and its seal--the redness and horror of blood."

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 08:25:44 pm »
Yeah, must be, I was on it for a bit earlier. Took a couple hour break and it wasn't up when I went to log back on...
It's not just you... ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 08:35:56 pm »
servers down (as of 2110 EST, may be up by now tho)