Topic: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??  (Read 102460 times)

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
Re: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2005, 11:23:24 pm »
I've been playing EAW now that its up and running.  Its not half bad.  So now I might try a multiplayer game.  Any suggestions?  And what is the best race to play as?

Thanks again Bonk for helping me out.

If your going to go multiplayer right after buying it?

Practice ,practice,practice and have fun. You might want to join up with  a fleet, they can show you your way around,and help get you trained up.

Actually...the best way to get better faster it to jump in with both feet...you wont pick up to many bad habits from blasting AI...

Make sure you save your movies... ;)

Ravok

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2005, 11:55:24 pm »
Crims right, the AI is lame and does not prepare you for real combat.

Offline Crash

• Ensign
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2005, 07:50:41 pm »

I see some folks talking about an Orion Pirates CD key error.  I'm not saying that you don't have a bad CD key, and I know for sure that one batch of EAW did have this error, but OP also had a slightly different bug when it came to enterring the OP CD key.

Sometimes, the screen would lock up and you could not enter the code.  The game would just "ding" at you when you tried.  What you need to do is to minimize the screen and then maximize it again.  Then your keyboard will work again and you can enteer your key.

I see that at least two people on this thread had that problem and have already worked it out.  However I thought that I would highlight this issue just in case others might have a working copy of Orion Pirates and not realize it.

Hope this helps someone.  And welcome all!!!

(PS:  Fly Gorn!)

-S'Cipio

that is what mine did to me.....but on xp it wouldn't let me alt+tab out nor alt+enter
so i tried ctrl+alt+del     to get to the task manager it worked  so i went back it to the game and it let me enter the cd key  just fine..........thanks for posting the info!!!! ;D

Offline wilburbud

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • HELP ME!!!
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2005, 04:47:39 pm »
I also just purchased EAW, though not from SAM's club, and also cannot activate the CD key! Any help appreciated.......thanks

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2005, 04:55:13 pm »
PM BONK and he will answer when  he can.please be patient as he has a rl to do also ;)

Offline wilburbud

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • HELP ME!!!
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2005, 05:02:11 pm »
PM BONK and he will answer when  he can.please be patient as he has a rl to do also ;)

many thanks

Offline spacecowboy1701

• Ensign
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2005, 12:44:26 pm »
This all to confusing , who here can help with code is there a patch or download to help ?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45:51 pm »
This all to confusing , who here can help with code is there a patch or download to help ?

Send me a personal message here on these forums. I will reply with the list of information we require from you to provide a valid key.

Send a PM to Bonk --> Click Here

Offline wakmarv

• Ensign
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2005, 02:46:26 pm »
i have the same problem with the cd key please help! Thanks!

Offline Kirk1001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2005, 10:37:22 pm »
I need help also. I just bought the game. I bought TWO game disk just to see if it will work. no luck. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. Thanks.

Offline JeremyMSG

• Ensign
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:00 am »

Send me a personal message here on these forums. I will reply with the list of information we require from you to provide a valid key.

Just bought mine yesterday form KB toys.  This looks like a great game, and I guess the good part is if there was no problem I would not have found this forum  ;)  Anyways, PM sent so I can get this up and going.

Offline Vulpis

• Ensign
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2005, 11:27:12 pm »
Is Bonk still around? I sent a PM several days ago, and haven't gotten any response at all yet, same as I did when I tried sending e-mail to...Frey, I think it was, before signing up on Dynaverse.  If not, is there someone else working on the CD Key problem? I'm trying to get my brother's copy working for him, as he doesn't have a net connection and I do, and he's getting rather annoyed at me for how long its taking.

Offline Kirk1001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2005, 11:38:52 pm »
??? Me too. I have been dying to play this game. So much that I'm tearing my house apart trying to find SFC I. Please someone let me know what to do to get a good cd key number. thanks.

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2005, 01:58:52 am »
Don't worry guys. Bonk is still around. He just moved to BFE and is now
stuck on dial-up. If you don't hear from him in a week or so just give
him a friendly PM in case he forgot.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2005, 06:19:06 pm »
PMs sent. I may not be able to check the forums everyday right now but will check in at least weekly. We'll get you all sorted out asap.  ;D

Offline Kirk1001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2005, 07:31:50 pm »
Thanks loads Bonk, the game runs great. I very much appreciate your help. Happy flying ;D

Offline BluesAlaska

• Ensign
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2005, 03:12:00 am »
Hello folks from Alaska,

Offline BluesAlaska

• Ensign
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2005, 03:14:48 am »
Hello folks from Alaska,

It seems that this problem with EAW has reach even up here. I would like to know how to get past the Authorization Protocol so I can play this game.

Thanks for the help
Matthew

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2005, 07:06:18 am »
Hello folks from Alaska,

It seems that this problem with EAW has reach even up here. I would like to know how to get past the Authorization Protocol so I can play this game.

Thanks for the help
Matthew

Cool! A good few years back there was a very popular EAW server hosted from Alaska; "Arcticfires"! Glad to see another Alaskan!

Offline membersc

• Ensign
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2005, 08:51:35 pm »
I am apparently having the same problem as everyone else. Purchased SFC II at KB Toy's and installed it and cannot make the CD Key work. Can anyone help?