Topic: Been thinking about doing a retext ...  (Read 1508 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Been thinking about doing a retext ...
« on: June 28, 2005, 10:19:08 am »
One Fed .. and : one either Gorn or Klingon.

If I did a Fed ..  I have thought about maybe a Sovy...MAYBE ! 

Any suggestions for some one who's basically a beginner ...   I would prefer to do something that maybe NEEDS a little attention.  (That rules out doing a Connie or BOP ).

I need something where the original format is in easy to bash texture sizes.  ( For now ...  I know my limitations ..  but I want to do something that might give something back to the community).

Thanks
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Been thinking about doing a retext ...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 12:00:38 pm »
One Fed .. and : one either Gorn or Klingon.

If I did a Fed ..  I have thought about maybe a Sovy...MAYBE ! 

Any suggestions for some one who's basically a beginner ...   I would prefer to do something that maybe NEEDS a little attention.  (That rules out doing a Connie or BOP ).

I need something where the original format is in easy to bash texture sizes.  ( For now ...  I know my limitations ..  but I want to do something that might give something back to the community).

Thanks

Ok...
But I think you are going about this the wrong way for your first retexture. You will find it much harder to do if you are not doing something you wanted to see done, you will be less motavated to finish it. So you want to do something with a TNG style to it well here was one I was considering doing but will let you go first on it. it should be a good model to start with, the textures don't seem to bend, blur or streach and are few. It would look interesting in a Sovern or even Galaxy Style textures, think about it with your eyes closed and you will see what I mean.

Now is it for a beginner? all retexture work is for beginners how else do you plan to start!
Challenging? you bet it will be!

Can you do it? sure you can everyone has the ability to make textures or change them, the question is do you have the will to complete it.
Take it from me the drive to complete a model texture job is the hardest thing to come by. Textures require allot of work, patients and creativity to do, I have stopped on so many retextures just because I was unable to think of a way to complete the ship to a look I wanted.

so there is a fed ship that could be a CS through a DN depending on the look that would fit nicily into a TNG mod with the right look, GOOD LUCK!
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 01:46:27 pm »
You could always retext my Vorcha. ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 02:24:31 pm »
You could always retext my Vorcha. ;D

hmmmm....

okie... 

I'll give it a shot bud !

Give me a link to DL.  I'll get started on it tonight !

(thanks for the vote of confidence Sandman !)

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 03:54:28 pm »
NP...what I see from the Titan work you've done, you got it down pat. :thumbsup:

Here ya go...
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 04:06:18 pm »
NP...what I see from the Titan work you've done, you got it down pat. :thumbsup:

Here ya go...

Dude !  I've still got so much to learn compared to you guys !  But I'm willing to give it my best shot !

Thanks  again

..  I'll get the DL this evening when I get home !

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 12:36:47 pm »
Hey Buzz, you think you'd be willing to do a retexture of the Klink ship I bashed?  I'll send you some images later when I get home from work.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 01:13:23 pm »
I appreciate the thought ..  but ..

Sandman and I are working on some stuff for the Titan ...  plus this retext on his Vorcha Model ( only about 1/3 done with that) ..  then I have promised MP a BOP sketch  ...  Add to that I need to finish the next step in the USS  MAKO in the next 2 weeks ....

and Sandman and I have been collaborating on a yet to be made public model  ( It may or may not happen ..  just in the discussion and planning stage right now!)

I appreciate your consideration for the project ..  but I'm booked for a while right now !

thanks

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 05:30:13 pm »
Re-texts, you say?  Sovereign, you say?  Color me interested.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.