Topic: .  (Read 9146 times)

Offline Smiley

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Attacks On London, UK
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 02:26:06 am »
Many of us here in the UK can't get hold of friends in London because access to the mobile phone (cell phones guys!) networks has been prioritised for the emergency services etc.

Even though I live & work 30 miles from London, we still feel the effects out here. Our London office has been closed, several of my colleagues were missing at one point yesterday (all accounted for now) & just funny little things that you think about that you might not Normally...
27 dead... i guess it doesn't sound a huge number when you try to put that into context by comparison, but human life is inmeasurable.

Signature: Terran Empire Relentless: WZ, All Other Models: Smiley

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 04:52:30 am »
i think some of us aren't geting the point here .... it will not stop with London it will continue ... and gather strenght as it progresses ... until there will be open war!

it will not stop here !

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 05:12:31 am »
I was working up in Dundee in a social vacuum yesterday (trapped in a room with a succession of petrified applicants with scared bunny eyes) and missed most of the immedaite impact of what happened until I got home to Glasgow late last night.

As for the events of yesterday, words can't convey how abhorrant I find the wanton destruction of human life at the hands of another human.  I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but I can scarcely believe that people can still kill in the name of a God (no less the same God), simply because their religious and social practices are different.  I suppose that's part of the problem.  I don't think many people from western cultures can understand it (although people in Northern Ireland, probably have a better incling).  My personal point of view on the so-called war on terror, is that there is no way forward until some form of rational common ground can be established, or one side concedes.  I think most folk from the UK are well aware of just how difficult that is, particularly where (irrational) extremes of belief are involved.  As Helldweller said, it will only get worse before it gets better, and as things stand, that's going to be a long way off, particularly while both sides of the idealogical argument continue to aggravate one another.

I'm happy to say that no-one I know was directly harmed or killed yesterday, and in that I can take some comfort - but I wish I could say the same for everyone else.

MajorRacal

Offline VelvetAcidChrist

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Psycho Kitty
    • Night Roar County Homebase
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 06:58:37 am »
unfortunately the terrorism wont be stopped, more casulties will follow.
i feel very bad these days for bein a human being - why do we always try to kill each other instead of charing all our wonderfull crafts and knowledges.
god save the british people and all other from these savage outsiders.
Dann sagt ihr: "Schau! The end is near now bitte face your final curtain."
Aber wir sind schlau, wir bleiben hier für die Gesichter, die empörten
Diese Geister singen schief und sind nicht einfach auszutreiben.

Enschuldigung ich sagte: "Wir sind gekommen um zu bleiben"
Wir gehn nich aber wenn wir gehn dann gehn wir ihn Scheiben

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 07:38:49 am »
Without getting into a debate over religion  ( as that belongs in the "hot -n-spicy" area)  let me interject this ...

The "god" that these people are promoting is NOT the same as the "God" of the Bible.  The philosophies toward human life are totally different.  One sent His son to die for us ..  so we could have eternal life: the other expects his followers to give their sons life so their movement can simply stay alive.

Again ..  there are litterally hours of debate here that would accomplish little. If one of you wish to argue that please open a theread accordingly.

I do agree that this needless slaughter of life in order to conquer others ( which is the essence of this movement at the command of extremest OBL himself) must be stopped.  We can no longer sit idly by and just hope it will go away on its own.   I'm not sure what the appropriate answer is.  Nor do I pretend to be wise enough to offer a solution that would resolve the worlds differences in this matter.

What IS unquestionably clear is that the murder of innocents needs to be stopped.

On this matter we need to stand side by side ..  and support one another.  We can not let these low life thugs begin to dictate our freedoms ( or to take them away ).

thanks
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Smiley

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 08:14:47 am »
i would like this thread to be kept on page one so all british members can come in and say they are cool and that they have or havent been affected so we can make sure no one has been injured.

The purpose of this topic is not to discuss religion or anything else other than the topic. It's only because religion is too interwined into some people's lives that this whole situation has developed.
Hello? Hasn't anyone ever heard of normalisation? You keep things that are meant to be separate, separate. Nothing is duplicated or involved in something unless it has a reason or need for it, and then it is only linked.

Anyway - this thread should not become a flame room for people's beliefs, it's for the UK board members to say that they are ok.
There are threads set up in other areas for you to rave all that you like. This is a modeling forum.

Signature: Terran Empire Relentless: WZ, All Other Models: Smiley

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2005, 08:43:04 am »
Anyway - this thread should not become a flame room for people's beliefs, it's for the UK board members to say that they are ok.
There are threads set up in other areas for you to rave all that you like. This is a modeling forum.

AGREED...

Thank you !

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2005, 09:50:53 am »
Ok idea time,

Request to the community. To mark all the events that have taken the lives of the innocent can we have a new vessel made.

Hospital Ship
ERA your choice
Vessel Class name - HOPE
First vessels - TRADER
                   BRITANIA

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 10:05:11 am »
awsome idea Sochin

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005, 10:09:50 am »
Ok idea time,

Request to the community. To mark all the events that have taken the lives of the innocent can we have a new vessel made.

Hospital Ship
ERA your choice
Vessel Class name - HOPE
First vessels - TRADER
                   BRITANIA

I concurr ...  too bad I'm at work ...  ( like where else would I be .. LOL  ) I'd sketch somthing out now if I could post it !

great idea !

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 12:04:04 pm »
to the deaths in London and WTC i might, but none for the 'War for Israel'.
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2005, 12:26:37 pm »

please dont get this started ..

okie ?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2005, 12:31:44 pm »

Back off Mackie. This is not the appropriate place or time for this kind of BS.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2005, 01:16:37 pm »
Damn those f*cken Arabs...  :-\    >:( I hope You're in one piece? ???   :(
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2005, 01:18:10 pm »
OK, this is exactly what the bastards want...arguments like what happened after 9/11. That's one reason why I no longer go to any other forum besides this one...I thought we were all above the pettiness. These attacks are just another symptom of the same old BS. :rant:

Now then, god speed to all of us, UK or wherever you are.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 03:28:50 pm by Sandman3D »
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2005, 01:44:53 pm »
Guys ...  ALL OF US !  ( me included)

lets try to keep it calm in this forum..  please.  Believe me when I tell you that I have the back ground (education wise) to make some statements inwhich I could single handedly not only start a flame war ..  but all but finish it as well.

But what would that prove ..

I could even use this opportunity to make other points of sound moral reasoning here ...  right now ! ..  but ...  I think it is best to let it go as much as possible ..

FW  and Smiley (I think it was) ..  are right.  This thread, here in this part of the forum, is primarily for our UK friends , to support them, and offer what we can ...

I'm still not saying this right.

To our UK friends ...   hang in there bro (s) ..  I wish there was more I could do personally besides just typing....

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2005, 02:30:35 pm »
OlBuzzard has the right idea.  I stopped reading this thread for a while because of all of the petty BS that was showing up here.  Whether I agree with what some people said or not is not important.  This thread is here to help bring us together and show support for one another, not tear us apart.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2005, 02:34:51 pm »
OlBuzzard has the right idea.  I stopped reading this thread for a while because of all of the petty BS that was showing up here.  Whether I agree with what some people said or not is not important.  This thread is here to help bring us together and show support for one another, not tear us apart.

THANKS !

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2005, 03:31:07 pm »
You guys are right...therefore I edited my above post to exclude the inflammatory part. My apologies to all who saw it.
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2005, 03:53:50 pm »
Ok idea time,
Hospital Ship
ERA your choice
Vessel Class name - HOPE
First vessels - TRADER
                   BRITANIA

Sochin has put forth a good idea here, let's work on this.  We're modellers, and we respect human life.  We're a community, which is why this thread was started... to check on members of the community that may have been affected by this.  These people are also members of other communities that were affected, and for those people affected, we should show support.  I agree with the hospital ship idea, and will start a kitbash on this post haste.  Loss of human life is never right in my opinion... I firmly believe in "I Shall Do No Harm."
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!