Topic: .  (Read 9149 times)

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
Re: Attacks On London, UK
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2005, 04:01:27 pm »
Right I don't give a flying f**k about all the politicking going on in this thread, particularly from certain elements of the political spectrum, but as a Londoner (well, Essex, but my town is connected to the central line of the tube so...) I offer my tribute to the emergency services and those people just passing by kind enough to help out all the victims yesterday, it is a sickening act and the perpetrators will probably never be found but it shows that we are united as one people regardless of race or religion, I'm sure many of the police and hospital workers, not to mention victims were Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Arabs, Africans and so on, as well as white Christians.

In any case, I've taken Sochin's suggestion, or a slight modification of it and made a hospital ship:

Sorry about the small size of the pics, they were taken in MODViewer, anyway, I've had the hospital ship sitting around for a few weeks actually, RogueNine inspired me to do it, but hadn't thought of a good name to use. I based the colour scheme on the HMHS Brittanic during WWI but took some creative liberty with the crosses. The model is a kitbash of the Elohim class Fire Support Cruiser I made a while back, that itself being a kitbash of parts from Wicked Zombie's Constitution, Mars and Saladin, plus some alterations to the saucer shape to give it a more TOS Constitution shape on top, I stripped the Elohim of all weapons except the saucer phasers and whited up the hull and greened up the blue bits, as I said inspired by the colours of the tragic Brittanic.

P.S. my dad was in London at the time but fortunately his tube ride ended a few minutes before the bombs went off and he was at Victoria station which was not one of the locations attacked.

P.P.S. I'll have this sent to RogueNine ASAP as he hosts all my kitbashes, hopefully will have this up for d/l soon, just have to notify WZ and get his permission first...
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2005, 06:09:32 pm »
im so sorry for alll ruckus i caused iwas too ddrunk
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Raventree

• 1 Beer, 2 Beers, 3 Beers...FLOOR!!!
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2005, 09:31:58 pm »
As many of our British friends are thinking now...My first thought after 9/11/01 was to let the Minutemen 3's out of the silo's towards the entire Middle East and eliminate that terrorist breeding ground forever..but over time..saner thoughts prevaled... I know that the Terrorists are the minority (even Hamas stood with the USA after 9/11) and usually never get what they want...but initial reactions do need to be vented...

I defended the UK back in the 80s when I was in USAFE...I spent 3 yrs there and got to know the British while I was there..

Their Government will act swiftly..and without mercy towards these criminals...(The SAS does have quite a reputation!!)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2005, 10:32:29 pm »
im so sorry for alll ruckus i caused iwas too ddrunk

Fair enough.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2005, 02:47:02 am »

This is all one needs to know:

-

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2005, 07:21:53 am »

This is all one needs to know:

-

well said !

BTW...   a big thank you to those who have helped  return this thread to its original intent !  (Sandman ...   a +1 for your special efforts )

thanks ...

and again my vote of solidarity  and hope for a brighter future...

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2005, 10:10:46 am »
dude ..  I hope they are ok ...

keep us informed !
  Thanks, OlBuzzard! I finally got in touch with my freinds. They are fine, and man, what a relief! :o  People think I'm nuts, but I was planning to visit London in September to see my freinds, and I have decided that I am coming anyway. London (and Paris) are like my second homes, and I will not be run off by a pack of bloodthirsty terrorists.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2005, 12:03:33 pm »
dude ..  I hope they are ok ...

keep us informed !
  Thanks, OlBuzzard! I finally got in touch with my freinds. They are fine, and man, what a relief! :o  People think I'm nuts, but I was planning to visit London in September to see my freinds, and I have decided that I am coming anyway. London (and Paris) are like my second homes, and I will not be run off by a pack of bloodthirsty terrorists.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(do be careful !)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2005, 01:04:07 pm »

Good.  By yielding to terror, you let them win.  Personally, I'd never let plans change for a bombing.  My wife and I are here in Edmonton, and here, we have the world's largest shopping mall, a perfect target for someone.  If someone bombed it, we'd be back the first day it was opened again.  Bombs don't just kill people, they disrupt their lives.  Terror makes people afraid to leave their houses, and to blow anyone away who tries to enter it to tell them that it's over.  You fight terrorism internally.  *You* make the decision to go out.  You make the decision to go back to a normal routine.  You put things back to how they were before it all started, and the terrorists (no matter who they are) have lost.  No terror means they have lost their goals with you.  Spread it out across your town, and the terrorists have lost your town.  Spread it out across your country, and terrorists have lost your country.  That's what Churchill was saying more than anything during the bombings of London during the air raids... pick up the pieces, put them back on the shelves, and go back to your normal life.  Enjoy family and friends, and terror will have no place in your heart.  And we will win.  And the British did just that, and they did.

That's the thing our modern world needs to hear more of.  We have no place in our hearts for terror, and it will not win.  And we will not yield to it as we go about our normal lives.
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2005, 01:17:41 pm »
In any case, I've taken Sochin's suggestion, or a slight modification of it and made a hospital ship:

P.S. my dad was in London at the time but fortunately his tube ride ended a few minutes before the bombs went off and he was at Victoria station which was not one of the locations attacked.

P.P.S. I'll have this sent to RogueNine ASAP as he hosts all my kitbashes, hopefully will have this up for d/l soon, just have to notify WZ and get his permission first...

Glad to Know your Father is alright.
If you need a place to upload them go Here. it is free to do so all you need to do is open a account.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2005, 03:18:37 pm »
That's okay GAFY? but I refuse to use Battleclinic after someone uploaded several of my models there without my permission or even my knowledge, they just accept anything anyone submits without checking the person uploading the model actually made it. In any case, I have a friend (RogueNine) who hosts stuff I do and helps me out making the brk.mods.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2005, 04:29:53 pm »
My first of two shps are almost done... just have to build the color illuminations for it.  :)

The first one is a late TMP to TNG medical ship... I've called it the USS Britannia NCC -42270 and it's a retexture of Mackie's Chesterfield class.  It's the perfect platform for a TMP-TNG era medical transport/fast evac/fast onsite mobile hospital.  I'll upload it just as soon as I finish the color illuminations later tonight/tomorrow.

The second ship will be a TOS era kitbash...

Hope to see more ships as well soon...

The Britannia looks like this:

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2005, 04:39:01 pm »
THAT is SWEEEEET !

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2005, 06:46:29 am »
All right, my Britannia is complete.  As you may have noticed, all phasers and offensive weapons have been removed.  Starforce, if you're reading this thread, can you port this ship to BC and keep the credit file intact so that they can maybe also get involved with this type of  project over there as well?  It'd be nice to generate a bit of support for this idea over there in that community as well..

Looking forward to see what comes next.. for me, it's the TOS kitbash to add to this thread.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2005, 12:13:50 pm »
Well, when i get home, i guess i should take a bash at something as well, eh.

Hope-Class
USS New York
USS Madrid
USS London
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2005, 02:02:56 pm »
Well,I've been working on a LE cruiser ofmy own design, and decided to make it a tribute...as I was a Light Infantryman I'm more offensive minded, so...

U.S.S. VENGEANCE NCC-7705
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2005, 02:40:14 pm »
Well,I've been working on a LE cruiser ofmy own design, and decided to make it a tribute...as I was a Light Infantryman I'm more offensive minded, so...
U.S.S. VENGEANCE NCC-7705

Awesome start.. :D

My second kitbash, the TOS one is almost complete as well.  I used the Franz Jospeh idea of the tug from the old tech manual as a basis.. I remembered in that that he'd mentioned that the tug could be used to transport medical modules.  I decided to beef up that idea a bit and make a dedicated medical transport/mobile medical hospital concept.  Started with Mackie's Alamo as a basis because it was good, flat and wide, which is what I needed.  Then added the hanger/tube attach points from Lord Schtupp's TOS Ptolemy tug, cloned it, and cloned it again to get this... a ship I've temporarily named the Bethune.

More texture work is needed, I need to work on the tubes to add medical insignia, plus also change the name to something permanent, add Starfleet Medical to the tubes etc.. but the base kitbash is complete.  :)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2005, 02:45:35 pm »
you guys are totally awsome !!

(It's going to take me a week just get the retexture done ( IF it gets done ) on just one model !

keep those cards and letters comming !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2005, 05:36:09 pm »
Almost done... next it's generating the color illuminations...

(edit: and completed.  This is the TOS era Hope Class USS Bethune hospital ship... I decided to keep the name the same after all.  Made sense in the long run.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:31:34 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2005, 02:39:18 pm »
well i just been informed i lost one of my cousins. didnt know the guy well but still family :(
http://www.stupidfusion.com