Topic: Hey 762  (Read 8682 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Hey 762
« on: July 11, 2005, 08:38:33 am »
Um...Kroma might have fallen into the vortex....

If he doesn't pop in here today to post the fleet picks and deployements, do you want to just do a prisoner exchange via MSN?

you can find me on MSN via jakle@attbi.com

762_XC

Re: Hey 762
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:47:34 am »
Roger. I have to redo ours, because I forgot Level 2 fighters were allowed.

Look for me on MSN later: mhahnke@hotmail.com

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 10:04:31 am »
Hey - since you have to do yours again anyway, check out the Base and Base Assults thread.  Give the last post a read and think about whether you want to go with a revised/reduced BPV for purchases.

We can cough up a new KHH purchase list pretty quick if you want to go that route, or we can just test as is.

Lemme know...

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 12:46:41 pm »
I should be home around 8:30 and 9pm.  I'll check MSN to see if you're on and we can exchange the fleet lists.

762_XC

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 01:31:58 pm »
Have to work tonight, so I won't be home until 11-ish.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 01:53:34 pm »
I might be on - I'll keep an eye out for you...

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 03:21:30 pm »
Oh, just remembered another issue....

Capturing a player flown ship, IIRC, cause a crash of the script.

We need to do some testing to find out what else is wrong.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 03:46:35 pm »
I think Capture doesn't work for Multiplayer  - period (except in D2).  That's easy enough to avoid.

Mini and I found that the script doesn't reliably end the mission when disengaging - it will however still send the after action report to the host when it should have ended the mission.  Mini and I just considered that the end of the mission (by disengagement) and quit the mission.  Ultimately, we don't need the After action report for any more than final ship health reporting (to gauge internals vs cripples), so if it doesn't say 'Disengaged', we'll all still know.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else.

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 04:09:18 pm »
Hmmm... what version are you using?

If the mission doesn't end properly, it may be the 1.01 instead of the 1.1 version.

And how are we going to solve base fighter supply issues?  IIRC, you said  BTSF's were going to be used.

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 04:23:25 pm »
I got 1.1 off of Khormag and installed it .

Is there a good way to check to see what the version is that is installed?

About the base fighters - I was looking at it like this:  It's a wash - both sides get the crap stock fighters. 

It is less 'realistic', and ultimately that's what I am going for.  The alternatives are:

a) mod the shiplist to change the Fighter Carrying BATS to carry appropriate fighters

b) mod the shiplist to make the BATS player selectable, which would allow us to do a single mod that would have flexibilty for any era (we'll still be using BATSF+ in Late, but better fighters are available).  We'd still use Sector Assault (need that after action txt), we just wouldn't ever bother with setting up the base.

What do you want to do?

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 04:27:34 pm »
I am all for the mod'd shiplist.  But I think we should all agree on one then zip it up and send it out to all involved so we are all on the same sheet of music.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 04:33:35 pm »
well, like I said, if you want to bother with a Mod then I think the best way to handle it is by making all bases Human playable.  Then the individual players can decide what kind of fighters (or PF's for that matter) they want on the BATS.

I can knock that out easily enough (I'll put SB's under Dreads, BATS under Heavies and BS's under Light Cruisers) and send it out ahead of time. 

You guys are my test group - which gives you the abilty to set the stage to a large degree.  Just let me know if you want me to do the above...

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 08:26:03 pm »
I vote "yea!" if you want a consensus vote.

If it is just up to me, *cracks whip* GET WORKING!!! :P

And yes, just placing the bases in as playable ships is perfectly fine, IMNSHO. ;D

Offline Kougar_XC

• Another Red Shirt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 12:37:45 am »
Well, I see I arrvied a tad late again... *deletes half his post, then all of it*

The list of problems is large with having the defending fleet or even a 3rd person modify the base to have it preloaded with the right fighters and supplies via the shipedit program. So I'd be all for making bases playable, even if everyone will need to have the new shiplist anyway.

I know of no way to check which script version is in use... mine is 1.1b but at startup it'll list Version 0.01b2 or something to that effect. A script version mismatch between players means only those with the same version as the host will be able to see the game to join it though.

Cougar=SoV= | KOTHCougar | KOTHMegafortress

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 07:13:59 am »
We should just make sure we're all using the version on Khoromag...

I uninstalled and reinstalled to that one yesterday.

At this point, no modded Shiplist.  You all can have a conversation with 762 about - he raises some good arguments against it.

762_XC

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 08:33:52 am »
I vote stick with 4.0, to maximize our playerbase.

The bases will be hard enough.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 09:32:20 am »
I disagree, taking a H-BTSF+ with 12 KBI's as opposed to HornetII's or something else is not my idea of a good thing.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 09:55:49 am »
Let's just leave it as it is for the test.  It should still be a wash, since we get the el-crapo stock fighters too (from what I understand, all Klink fighters are el-crapo, but nevermind).

If this turns into just a fun thing for 2-4 groups, we can manage manual shiplist swapping for a mod.  If it becomes more widespread, we can probably beg someone to make an installer for use to supply to the non-technically adept