Topic: Initial Feedback on the Mini-Camp  (Read 4651 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Initial Feedback on the Mini-Camp
« on: July 18, 2005, 02:30:16 pm »
Well, somebody lied to Frey and told him that it was 'pretty cool and fun' or something like that.  :P

My initial impressions: 

*Definite need to have players do full dry runs before hand.  I made sure DFly had the right script, but didn't bother to launch the game - would have found then that he had a bad shiplist.
*Plan on the Base Assaults being long.

What else?

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: Initial Feedback on the Mini-Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:22:12 pm »
Actually I thought it was Great Fun, even if I only flew in one battle.  I was privilledge to listen in on the other 2 battles and got a really good laugh when Jackle found out that Duck's ship had been captured.  I think that if a few more fleet tried this out they may enjoy the planning as much as the fights themselves.  I hope the SoV pilots also put in their thoughts on this whole process.

Ya there are a few minor bugs with the stats after the missions, but in all honesty I beleive the overall effects and ideas were and are good.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 08:40:24 pm »
*lowers head & raises hand*

My fault for getting Frey interested....

I think it is immense fun... of course, I was involved in STOC's VG for more than 3 years. 

Guess it makes me a glutton for punishment. ;)

I wonder if I (and apologize if I did) popped anyone's ear drum with my triumphant, 'HA!' when I captured the FD7K.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 07:31:09 pm »
*lowers head & raises hand*

My fault for getting Frey interested....

I think it is immense fun... of course, I was involved in STOC's VG for more than 3 years. 

Guess it makes me a glutton for punishment. ;)

I wonder if I (and apologize if I did) popped anyone's ear drum with my triumphant, 'HA!' when I captured the FD7K.

It's one thing to cap a ship when we aren't looking for it....quite another when we are. Nice tactic though...well done