Topic: I want TMP version of this ship. Compare TOS and TNG pics...  (Read 17171 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: I want TMP version of this ship. Compare TOS and TNG pics...
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 02:31:28 am »
I believe I found it, take a look at the ship in the top right of this pic.

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,204a4610b499404f6a4a8de299b45f5a.rar

;D
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 08:59:33 am »
Those, too, are mine. They are meant to be Fast Cruisers, not BB's.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 02:05:52 pm »
Strange...

I have that BB version in a zip file so it got released somewhere.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 06:06:07 pm »
Which one? TMP or the Excelsior era? TMP BB hasnt been done afaik.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 04:28:26 pm »
if someone make this a TMP version he should use the Kodiak Battleship design as a base for it, it has a bit more TMP like design than the Excelsior or the Ent-B

Ask and ye shall recieve.............

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,d9b705deb75760a8b685c4130f532076.zip

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,11697a1f9bb37c1a4deddfc198a7f196.zip

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,ae7c42e9bb6be4f484351c251b7be5fd.zip

This one looks really close and it's based on the Kodiak.........

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,af8b17f96e3270fa8a38878bf47574aa.zip

id like someone to use sovy parts and remake the FBB. think shed look rather cool as it :p

http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=169

Hope that helps.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 06:45:37 pm »
aNYONE CAN STICK 4 WARPS ON, oops caps, a DN. But can you make a BB and put 4 warps on it?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 04:55:11 am »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 09:34:43 am »
i think it would be more reasonable to kitbash it from a big dreadnought. the ulysses might be a good start as it
uses other parts as the common miranda and conny kitbashes.

your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 11:20:27 am »
The Ulysses is already being kitbashed. But it lacks the double aft hull. All the extra SSD boxxes and even the ftr bays the BB has than the DN wouldnt ever let it all fit on an existing DN aft hull. You need a twin hull. It isnt acceptable to simply take a DN aft hull and rescale it up so its bigger. Hell, I can do that in the model.size file. That's cheesy and in game it simply looks ridiculous. Just looks like you have a DN and mini-DN. Oh, with an extra warp engine. ;) blah

What I'd really like to see is a newly designed aft hull and then we can add kitbash parts. Or, we can simply take the pic of TOS BB i posted above and change it to TMP version.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 12:19:43 pm »
Ya know I'm beginning to think you're right Dizzy, it would be a good idea for someone to build a new BB based on the stock Taldern model.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 12:26:24 pm »
why not using 2 ulysses hulls? similar to mackies einjerer class bb. 1 ulysses saucer and 2 ulysses secondarz hulls, 4 engines and a newbuild connection between the hulls.

just my 2 cents.

wickedzombie was working on a klingon academy fed bb but not the yamato class ...the other smaller bb.

ed:)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 01:08:54 pm »
Something like that, dogfighter. But I urge anyone considering a Ulysses bash to wait a while... There is a Ulysses variant under way.

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 04:03:19 pm »
Not the Ulysses hull, the shape is completely wrong, the Yamato most resembles a huge version of the Excelsior hull, but stretched on the inside edge to join with the connecting hull, WZ's Relentless or Sorceror could be used as the basis of the secondary hulls, I may try that myself actually, using a scaled up and flattened version of the Ulysses saucer, the nacelles, aren't really like anything anyone else has ever done really, I suppose the Ulysses/Mars nacelles again and pylons made out of odd bits and pieces, the torpedo pods probably from WZ's Akula (for the flattened rectangualr profile they have) the only piece I can't think of is the connecting hull, though I'd be inclined to source that from the TOS one by Stresspuppy if it has one, I can't tell from the picture at the start of the thread.

Edit: for the connecting hull, just thought of it: an Okinawa hull could be used, ridiculously scaled up and retextured of course, and it'd connect perfectly to the Saucer.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 04:23:42 pm »
Gotta be careful what u kitbash. Two FF aft hulls, well, that makes it look like starfleet engineers took two Frigate aft hulls and mated them... Kinda would ruin the look. Watch out boys, here comes the super frigate!

The idea should be all about the Feds being able to afford and build one. ONE. So why develop an assembly line or open up a new shipyard if only one is ever built? So it makes total sense to kitbash it from other ships. Two carrier class aft hulls may work. Or twin aft hulls from a smaller DN.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 05:54:07 pm »
Gimme a few Minutes, i am going to bash up one in a few minutes
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 07:13:47 pm »
Gotta be careful what u kitbash. Two FF aft hulls, well, that makes it look like starfleet engineers took two Frigate aft hulls and mated them... Kinda would ruin the look. Watch out boys, here comes the super frigate!

The idea should be all about the Feds being able to afford and build one. ONE. So why develop an assembly line or open up a new shipyard if only one is ever built? So it makes total sense to kitbash it from other ships. Two carrier class aft hulls may work. Or twin aft hulls from a smaller DN.

I think you misunderstood my intent, that is I would use the Okinawa's hull as the shape of the interconnecting piece between the two secondary hulls, as it has about the right shape, obviously I'd retexture it partially - adding lots of very small details, to give an appropriate sense of scale, it wouldn't be a super-frigate at all.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2005, 05:59:17 pm »
Ahh... ok, i c now. Yeah, you are the 1st I know of who has put any thought into what would mate the two aft hulls. That is a very important piece... that, I doubt, has been given very much thought. I cant say I have liked any of the ideas I have 'seen' so far. Mb thge ff as a connector would work?

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2005, 09:23:12 pm »
I haven't been able to give it much thought as my main project at the moment has been taking up a lot of time - an Ambassador era Lexington, the textures are busting my hump as I believe the saying goes. Anyway, if an Okinawa FF hull were to be used I would suggest that the rear section, the little shelf that sticks out should be removed completely if possible though I doubt it would be easy and maybe just making the underside much steeper in that area to accomodate the huge impulse engines. The impulses could probably be taken from anything without too much difficulty though I would suggest 2 of the USS Vanquish (by WZ) impulse engines mounted side by side might be a good start point.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2005, 03:06:39 am »
the rear part of the okinawa hull could be used as a landing pad for the fighters ans shuttles. just make it facing forward. maybe some phaser cannons on its underside.
in ka the fbb had two assault phasers. damn those were incredibly powerfull. ripping through the shilds and hull of whatever enemy choses to cross the line of fire.

ed:)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 03:38:10 am »
It has to be SFB accurate for weapons hardpointing. We already have so many other BB variants that are armed with everything and the kitchen sink.