Topic: The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe  (Read 4545 times)

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
« on: January 05, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »
Chronicles Of Narnia are awesome.  I went to see it.  I hope they make the rest of the Narnia bookes into movies.  Has anyone else seen it? :D
Live long and prosper.

Offline KBF-Kapact

• No matter how much Paramount and Viacom abuse and neglect and generally make a bloody mess of Trek, and despite the fact that they seem to have intentionally stuck a knife in it's belly, technically they still own it.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old enough to know better, but I just don't give a
    • What is Fantasy Trek?
Re: The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 06:11:16 pm »
yeah.. kool.... for sure......

KBF-Kapact
IKS Ab'Qaff
"Surrender or be des-"

{sound of explosion}
http://fantasytrek.blogspot.com/
http://houseabukoff.blogspot.com
http://kapactsrant.blogspot.com/
http://startrekenterprisevirtualseasons.blogspot.com/

Klingon Black Fleet
"...laughing, undefeated..."

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 08:33:47 pm »
personally thought it was a great movie :) and i thought it followed the book very well.  and i can't wait to see what else they do :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:35:40 pm »
Was Aslan well done?

They made his speech seem soooo natural!!

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 10:18:32 pm »
Was Aslan well done?

They made his speech seem soooo natural!!

Aslan and the other animal characters were FLAWLESSLY animated for their talking scenes. The facial expressions, lip movement, and even how the focused their vision on something was perfect.

Beaver and his wife were possibly the most life-like computer generated images I've seen in any movie, ever... including the first Jurassic Park- a ard one to top in my mind.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 10:21:37 pm »
Just came back from watching that movie, it was excellent.  Carney is dead on about the animals, the mythological creatures were fantastic.  Can't wait to buy the video.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:36:01 pm »
I think the actress who played the witch should get an oscar for best supporting actress.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 12:24:15 am »
Excellent movie!!  It was well beyond my expectations.  I absolutely loved the beavers.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 12:55:47 am »
I think the actress who played the witch should get an oscar for best supporting actress.

My vote is Mr. Beaver for best supporting actor.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 09:38:15 am »
i thought the acting done by the childern was well done.  it seemed rather natural than rehearsed.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 10:08:23 am »
i thought the acting done by the childern was well done.  it seemed rather natural than rehearsed.

There was only ONE tiny little flub on that.

Right after Aslan is killed on the Stone Table, the girls are sitting by him. Lucy just barely looks up and throws a glance to someone offscreen to see if she's doing it right as she lays her head down on his sholder and starts crying.

It's a tiny little thing, and if I hadn't been so utterly absorbed in how real everything seemed, I'd have never been paying close enough attention to it to have noticed.

Aside from that one point, I never saw anything that made me think it was anything less than looking out a window and watching the action unfold live.

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:02 pm »
Just came back from watching that movie, it was excellent.  Carney is dead on about the animals, the mythological creatures were fantastic.  Can't wait to buy the video.

Neither can I.
Live long and prosper.

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:59 pm »
personally thought it was a great movie :) and i thought it followed the book very well.  and i can't wait to see what else they do :)

I hope they make the other 6 books into movies.
Live long and prosper.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 01:04:36 pm »

Right after Aslan is killed on the Stone Table, the girls are sitting by him. Lucy just barely looks up and throws a glance to someone offscreen to see if she's doing it right as she lays her head down on his sholder and starts crying.

It's a tiny little thing, and if I hadn't been so utterly absorbed in how real everything seemed, I'd have never been paying close enough attention to it to have noticed.

Aside from that one point, I never saw anything that made me think it was anything less than looking out a window and watching the action unfold live.
I saw the movie twice and I didn't even notice that.

I can't wait until they make the next one.  I like Prince Caspian.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »

I saw the movie twice and I didn't even notice that.

I can't wait until they make the next one.  I like Prince Caspian.

It's just her eyes... JUST her eyes. She focuses on something to her right and far offscreen just as she lays her head on him.

Of course, I get irked by little things... like the black matte Zippo in Saving Private Ryan that didn't exist for another 40 years or so.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 04:31:49 pm »

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 06:39:27 pm »

Concur Tilda Swinton eyes expressed so much raw emotion it added so much to her character. This was an awesome movie for kids, I took my three year old to it was his first film and I am glad it kept him glued to the screen with pure enjoyment and mystical wonderment He will have a great memory of his first large screen experience His seven year old brother also enjoyed it immensely, both especially enjoyed Aslan as did I as I am a big Liam Neeson fan.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte