Topic: 11.2 billion reasons not to spam  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
11.2 billion reasons not to spam
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:08:27 pm »
Link to full article

The firm, CIS Internet Services, won $11.2 billion from James McCalla, from Florida, who was found to have sent millions of unsolicited e-mails advertising mortgage and debt consolidation services through the ISP's network.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: 11.2 billion reasons not to spam
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:01:00 am »
About time they start cracking down on this.   :thumbsup:

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 07:46:28 pm »
If they net a few more, it may discouage the lot of them.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:19:38 pm »
If they net a few more, it may discouage the lot of them.

Doubtful.

I mean, that's what they said about filesharing. And in the last few years, filesharing has had more effect on the recording industry than their suits have had on filesharing.

Record Company: "OK. You have 1000 MP3's on your computer at $50,000 each. That'll be $50 MILLION, please, Mr. John Q. Public."

John Q. Public: "$50 MILLION DOLLARS? Where the hell am I supposed to get al that money? You know that you just spent millions to bag me and now aren't gonna recoup a damn thing." *declares bankruptcy and begins putting his new assets in other peoples' names*

Record Company: "Well bloody hell. Why can't we ever catch Teresa Kerry or Bill Gates filesharing?"

Unless they find some whacko multi-billionare that is doing Stupid Stuff(TM), then they are really just whizzing into the wind.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."