Topic: J'inn: You Bastard!!!!  (Read 77175 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: J'inn: You Bastard!!!!
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2006, 08:42:25 am »
Gotta love a good Jinn you Bastard thread!  ;D

Amazing after 5 years this game is still having the same arguements that it had when it started.  Im glad to see new things being tried and worked on continueously.  Keep it up people.

Good to see ya Fluf!

Yes, J'inn is still a bastard, and its all still your fault.  ;D

We will soon have PvP DV shifts on regular servers!

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2006, 10:18:19 am »
To address the commentary:

The purpose of this thread (besides the veiled commentary in the title ;)), is DH's original "Where has all the 1 on 1 PvP / solo pilots gone" question.

To me, there's 3 reasons.  EEK, Disengagement, OOB.

Now, my commentary is aimed at answering that question, and presenting ideas that lead to the return of the solo pilot and conditions condusive to DH's requested 1 on 1 PvPs.  However, if you (the community) prefer the Eve-crack type game where working in teams is the norm, then by all means ignore me and continue on your course.  Us solo-pilots (myself included) will be forced to reexamine our fit in the community and act accordingly (either putting up with the increased difficulty / need for certain ships, playing only when we can get a wing, or departing...)

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2006, 05:29:15 pm »
Oh for Pete's Sake!!   Just play it and shaddup!!

<snicker>

although the debating = interest in the game which = good.

As for me.  I tried a few missions.  Still trying to get back into it.

Problem is . . .  I raised the term "bastard" to a whole new level on "the game that shall not be mentioned"  Where else can I actually spam entire areas of space with tacky billboards???

But seriously,  I do hope D2 keeps going.   I still read the forums everyday.

762_XC

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2006, 05:53:50 pm »
I do hope D2 keeps going. 

Yes, about that...

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2006, 06:13:32 pm »

Problem is . . .  I raised the term "bastard" to a whole new level on "the game that shall not be mentioned"  Where else can I actually spam entire areas of space with tacky billboards???

bribe the admins to spell out Eat At j'inn's on the hex map
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2006, 12:37:29 am »
Oh for Pete's Sake!!   Just play it and shaddup!!

<snicker>

although the debating = interest in the game which = good.

As for me.  I tried a few missions.  Still trying to get back into it.

But seriously,  I do hope D2 keeps going.   I still read the forums everyday.

I suggest giving Jinn's current RM the ability to control his acess to the forums.

As current holder of that position I promise more of Jinn on the server, or a big fat bribe for me, knowing J'inn and his love of the dollar, expect nutter status from him if this can be done.

Hows that for Bastardly J'inn  ;D

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2006, 01:22:39 pm »
I figured someone needs to explaine to the new guys about J'inn. J'inns a great wingman <snikerS> and he always follows these simple rules with his Main gal Shopasaurus rex.

1. Women love to shop. It is the one area of the world where they feel like they're actually in control.

2. Women especially love a bargain. The question of "need" is irrelevant, so don't bother pointing it out. Anything on sale is fair game.

3. Women never have anything to wear. Don't question the racks of clothes in the closet; you "just don't understand."

4. Women need to cry. And they won't do it alone unless they know you can hear them.

5. Women will always ask questions that have no right answer, in an effort to trap you into feeling guilty.

6. Women love to talk. Silence intimidates them and they feel a need to fill it, even if they have nothing to say.

7. Women need to feel like there are people worse off than they are. That's why soap operas and Oprah Winfrey-type shows are so successful.

8. Women don't need sex as often as men do. This is because sex is more physical for men and more emotional for women. Just knowing that the man wants to have sex with them fulfills the emotional need.

9. Women hate bugs. Even the strong-willed ones need a man around when there's a spider or a wasp involved.

10. Women can't keep secrets. They eat away at them from the inside. And they don't view it as being untrustworthy, providing they only tell two or three people.

11. Women always go to public restrooms in groups. It gives them a chance to gossip.

12. Women can't refuse to answer a ringing phone, no matter what she's doing. It might be the lottery calling.

13. Women never understand why men love toys. Men understand that they wouldn't need toys if women had an "on/off" switch.

14. Women think all beer is the same.

15. Women keep three different shampoos and two different conditioners in the shower. After a woman showers, the bathroom will smell like a tropical rainforest.

16. Women don't understand the appeal of sports. Men seek entertainment that allows them to escape reality. Women seek entertainment that reminds them of how horrible things could be.

17. If a man goes on a seven-day trip, he'll pack five days' worth of clothes and will wear some things twice; if a woman goes on a seven-day trip she'll pack 21 outfits because she doesn't know what she'll feel like wearing each day.

18. Women brush their hair before bed.

19. Watch a woman eat an ice cream cone and you'll have a pretty good idea of how she'll be in bed.

20. Women are paid less than men, except for one field: modeling.

21. Women are never wrong. Apologizing is the man's responsibility, "It's there in the Bible." Hmm, who was it that gave Adam the apple?

22. Women do not know anything about cars. "Oil-stick, oil doesn't stick?"

23. Women have better restrooms. They get the nice chairs and red carpet. Men just get a large bowl to share.

24. The average number of items in a typical woman's bathroom is 437. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.

25. Women love Kats. Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick kats.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:17 pm »
Bump, because while this might not be the original, at least it is the right title and original thread starter and it belongs on page 1.

And a link to the original

http://web.archive.org/web/20020615100933/http://216.203.248.212/ubb/Forum2/HTML/007837.html

Offline Entrail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2014, 03:50:33 am »
 :D Dam You Chuut-Ritt stop bumping jinn threads  :police: :angel:

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2014, 06:00:55 pm »
I will bump it some more. Of course, I still think that Jinn is still a bastard.

Now as for playing SFC? I will be quite rusty. I have been playing BF3 lately. ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2014, 12:08:17 am »
Bump, because while this might not be the original, at least it is the right title and original thread starter and it belongs on page 1.

And a link to the original

http://web.archive.org/web/20020615100933/http://216.203.248.212/ubb/Forum2/HTML/007837.html

now that I needed, thanks you mangy kat!

dave

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2014, 08:05:29 am »
Dave!!!!! We need your help!!!!!!!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:37 am »
Dave!!!!! We need your help!!!!!!!

Is he the one with J'inn locked in his basement?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:58 am »
I figured that would be Kroma.

Offline Entrail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2014, 02:51:39 pm »
Just Had to bump this again and hi all

f9th Sir X  :BoeseSmilies (71):

Offline WarSears

• <MEAN FACE> @ Nail
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2014, 07:43:59 pm »
Stopping by to say hello
War-Sears
Klingon Black Fleet

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »
Moooo....I mean Q'plah!!!!

Offline FPF_AJTK

• Ensign
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2015, 09:58:08 pm »
Wow, all you old bastiges are still alive?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2015, 10:41:43 pm »
Stephen has claimed he is dead.  Since he is still posting I guess he is a zombie. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2015, 06:31:23 am »
AJTK, good to see you're still kicking.  Hope you're doing well and had a great holiday season.