Topic: PBEM set up thanks to Raven!  (Read 54840 times)

762_XC

Re: PBEM set up thanks to Raven!
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2006, 12:13:38 am »
mooooooooving right along

15 minutes 8 seconds! w00t

Tricorder, you're up.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2006, 12:36:28 am »
Ok, this is a question that bears bringing up.  I was just over at the Civ Fanatics Forum, where they are, once again, whining about the next patch not being out yet.  But it brings this up...What are we going to do when a new patch comes out?  Obviously we all have to do the same thing, assuming of course that the patch doesn't let us continue playing because of a compatability issue.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2006, 07:02:27 am »
Ok, this is a question that bears bringing up.  I was just over at the Civ Fanatics Forum, where they are, once again, whining about the next patch not being out yet.  But it brings this up...What are we going to do when a new patch comes out?  Obviously we all have to do the same thing, assuming of course that the patch doesn't let us continue playing because of a compatability issue.

Patch It?  ;) Seriously, after all of us playing SFC for years, all of us getting the same patch should not be a problem Bro.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2006, 07:59:11 am »
Oh...wow...Glad I didn't play another Zero Hour Skirmish...usually that Mail notification comes up no matter what I'm doing...hehe

Coming your way 762...

Sing Along!

Baba Yetu Yesu Ulyie!  ;D

Btw, Dracho, not to criticize your playing style or anything, but...uh...why haven't you founded Moscow yet?

Because I fat-fingered my mouse and moved my settler.  It should found this turn.   >:(
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2006, 08:10:39 am »
Aw man, that sucks!  Well anyway, it's your turn, Draco.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2006, 08:12:10 am »
Played and passed to Lara.  I'm out of pocket until tonight.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2006, 08:57:57 am »
Haven't got it yet, but that's nothing unusual with my server.:)
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2006, 01:45:37 pm »

Patch It?  ;) Seriously, after all of us playing SFC for years, all of us getting the same patch should not be a problem Bro.

Stephen

Well that's not quite what I mean, getting the same patch won't be the issue...getting the patch itself will be.  The Last two patches for this game have been far larger than my pathetic Dial-up connection can handle.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2006, 04:05:38 pm »
well if worse comes to wosre, I'm sure somebody is more than willing to burn a copy (Of the patch) and send one out to whom ever needs it.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2006, 04:09:00 pm »
Well, I have a round about way of getting it.  It just means that I usually don't get it the day it comes out, and have to wait until the weekend.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2006, 04:20:14 pm »
Hey Dracho, could you resend that turn?

vladmirthewoodsman@gmail.com
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2006, 07:56:22 pm »

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2006, 08:22:01 pm »
Turn played and sent onward.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2006, 11:30:01 pm »
<sitting on the sideline waiting patiently> :)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2006, 12:00:46 am »
hmm... yes we do need to fix this situation don't we?

I'm up for playing a second game, anyone else?

Offline KBF-WillWeasel

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • beware the crap
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2006, 11:01:29 am »
I allready bought one game at full price this year and that was "Empire at War" I may have to convice myself, and the wife, to let me get a 2nd game at full price.

Who knew 06 would be such a good year for games..... ;D
Somewhere north of the Azores.
KBF always

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2006, 11:20:49 am »
I allready bought one game at full price this year and that was "Empire at War" I may have to convice myself, and the wife, to let me get a 2nd game at full price.

I was thinking about getting Battle for Middle Earth II, but after paying the wife's $183 ticket for rolling through a stop sign, I believe I'll wait.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2006, 11:31:35 am »

I was thinking about getting Battle for Middle Earth II, but after paying the wife's $183 ticket for rolling through a stop sign, I believe I'll wait.

Ouch.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2006, 12:43:49 pm »

Ouch.

Stephen

Hell, it could have been worse.  The mood she was in when she left the house.. I was amazed I didn't have to go bail her out of jail.   ;D

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2006, 10:07:49 pm »
What is the status of starting a second game of CivIV?

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!