Topic: D7 Upgrade + Akyazi Class Perimeter Action Ship  (Read 9871 times)

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
D7 Upgrade + Akyazi Class Perimeter Action Ship
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:50:46 pm »
The D7 is an upgrade to my old model with new engines and tweaked textures. There's an alternate version included with top-mounted drone launchers. The Akyazi is one of the unusual looking ships from various publications that everyone is no doubt already familiar with. Both are now posted on DRS in their respective download sections.

DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline CyberTrekFan

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: D7 Upgrade + Akyazi Class Perimeter Action Ship
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:32:47 pm »
As always great looking ships.

Very nice!

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:36:09 pm »
BAD ZOMBIE!!!!  BAD BAD BAD!!!!  You released the Akyazi and you didn't tell me first?  :-(  Oh well, I'll be having fun with the ship.  *evil grin*

Seriously though, she looks incredible.  Another ship to add to me collection.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:49:54 pm »
Outstanding. Very clean looking Akyazi. Very precise lines on both of them for that matter. I always have appreciated your attention to detail.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 10:44:24 pm »
Awesome!

A klink and bonus targets ;D

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:27:32 pm »
Those are some sweet textures. Make any other mesh changes other than engines to the D7? And from a modelers perspective what do you see different between a D6 and D7 class?

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:11:41 am »
I didn't remember the Akyazi having such a curved look to its nacelle struts, no surprise if I'm mistaken - I don't browse too many TMP designs, but it is a very nice touch, looking quite natural to the overall composition.

Great job, WZ.

I, Mudd.

^ Just checked a schematic at www.strekschematics.utvinternet.com, I was right in not being too familiar with the design. Great job in any case WZ!

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 12:58:46 am »
As far as the D7 changes go, I rounded out a few of the parts on the boom, modified the launch bay superstructure, modeled the retractable disruptor turrets, modeled in the forward wing insets, altered the torpedo tube and obviously remapped the whole ship down to six textures. As I stated on the DRS forums, my D7 was never meant to be a canon representation and is more of a blending of the TOS, Phase II, and TMP versions. Sort of a transition from TOS to the K'tinga.

Regarding a D6, I'd say that it would be noticeably different. It could incorporate elements from the D5 from Enterprise with early stages of the D7 design, or just have it's own unique style.

I wasn't too familiar with the Akyazi myself and got conflicting references from various sites. There's a number of subclasses, not to mention everyone seems to have their own take on the ship's details. I just took the most common of them and used the rest to fill in any gaps.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 08:50:36 am »
Can allways use another Klingon d7 variant to round out their fleet.

Offline jayvt3

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 12:24:39 pm »
You really did great work on the AKAYAZI.
I'm having a problem tough with the retexured KOLODE.  I keep getting a corrupted file message when I try to open it.
I got WINZIP 10 with the latest upgrade.  still keep getting the "corrupted file" message though.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 03:05:46 pm »
WZ sweet work on both models but i gotta ask somethin where are the Akyazi's windows? she should have atleast 1 row around the saucers edge.
I have several different Akyazi class diagrams (including the Mastercom Data plans), and none of them have windows, with the exception of a viewing/crew lounge window facing directly aft.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 04:41:03 pm »
More fine models from WZ.  Very nice work.  I'm not a huge Akyazi Class Fan (always thought the Engines looked a little strange) but this model is probably the best I have seen of that class.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 04:59:59 pm »
WZ sweet work on both models but i gotta ask somethin where are the Akyazi's windows? she should have atleast 1 row around the saucers edge.
I have several different Akyazi class diagrams (including the Mastercom Data plans), and none of them have windows, with the exception of a viewing/crew lounge window facing directly aft.

yeah i know that the class has an absence of windows in the design but it doesnt feel right with this version

I can understand that windows serve for crew who likes to look outside every once in a while, but considering the Akayazi, like the Defiant, is a warship, why do we need to paste windows all over the ship?  That's one of my more-recent nitpicks of combat ships like the SFB DNs and BBs or the alternate universe Galaxy-class from "Yesterday's Enterprise" when they were developed as warships rather than exploration ships with teeth when the Enterprise-C was thrown across time Blue Smoke Express-style, but I know TNG didn't have the FX tech we have today and had to use the model unchanged, but... *shrug* I felt the Defiant had just the right amount of (maybe too much) windows for a combat ship.

I don't know whether the Akayazi should have one or two, but I like the model WZ made of her.  If I had anything to criticize, it's perhaps... I don't know.  I wish I did because I don't really feel like praising all the time (because sometimes, to me, it feels like spam posts for upping the post count), but I can find little fault in WZ's Akayazi or touches on the Kolode, which, in my opinion, makes the Kolode more aesthetically Klingon.  Excellent work.  Never doubt the talent of the undead, my friends.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »
Windows may be an important psychological crew component. They may also serve as vent ducts for fires, open access ways for large equipment transfers... Remember, those windows are metal... 'transparent aluminum.' ;)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:39 pm »
Nice job WZ. They both look awesome, especially the Akyazi. Thanks for making them available to us.

I feared you had taken your site down since I hadn't been able to access it for the past month or so. The ovehaul is NICE!

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 02:49:25 pm »
As always WZ, stunning work.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 03:24:06 pm »
Windows may be an important psychological crew component. They may also serve as vent ducts for fires, open access ways for large equipment transfers... Remember, those windows are metal... 'transparent aluminum.' ;)
  Maybe they have "Holo-Windows." You can look out, but no one can look back in, lol!! :lol:

Offline Hollis J Wood

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 02:30:32 am »
looking good WZ as always.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 11:27:37 pm »
  Maybe they have "Holo-Windows." You can look out, but no one can look back in, lol!! :lol:

That would most definately prove usefull for the exibitionists of the crew.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 03:56:20 am »
Nice work WZ  ;)