Topic: Virtual reality gaming system tests for telepathy  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Virtual reality gaming system tests for telepathy
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »
Link to full article

Scientists at The University of Manchester have created a virtual computer world designed to test telepathic ability.

The system, which immerses an individual in what looks like a life-size computer game, has been created as part of a joint project between The University's School of Computer Science and School of Psychological Sciences.

Approximately 100 participants will take part in the experiment which aims to test whether telepathy exists between individuals using the system. The project will also look at how telepathic abilities may vary depending on the relationships which exist between participants.

Myself I don't believe in psychic powers.  Some people have to keep trying to prove otherwise.  Maybe they will but I doubt it.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
Re: Virtual reality gaming system tests for telepathy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:24:18 pm »
You're thinking about bewbies this very second.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 09:58:04 pm »
You're thinking about bewbies this very second.

That was easy given that I'm male, heterosexual, not deviant and not dead.  Now the big question is whose?  (Before answering that question remember the contents of the sentence preceding it.)
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:16 pm »
Hot scientist chicks in labcoats?

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 06:26:32 pm »

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 07:08:17 pm »
Hot scientist chicks in labcoats?

Wrong.

It's not my fault your brain is defective.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 08:39:56 am »
I think some people have an unusual ability get extra information from other people, but I believe it's mostly biochemical extra-sensitivities that allow them to pick up subtle cues from the people around them and translate that information.

Some studies have already proven that it's an ability we've selectively bred into dogs.  In study after study dogs were able to pick up subtle cues about what a human was trying to get them to do, whereas even wolves, coyotes, and foxes were not able to pick up the same cues.

And cats?  forget it!  They were too busy trying to get the humans to pick up subtle cues about what THEY wanted the humans to do.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz