Topic: Star Trek XI poster released  (Read 13035 times)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
Re: Star Trek XI poster released
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 01:42:18 pm »
Why does this poster giving me this ominous feeling?

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:57 pm »
Why does this poster giving me this ominous feeling?

Well, it is just about as 'Hollywood' as Trek has ever been made to feel.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 11:55:13 pm »
hmmm... thee pieces are coming together...  I just hope the rest of the cast is on par with Matt Damon and not either no-names or famous people that suck.

If Paris Hilton comes on the screen even once I'm selling my PC :(
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 12:14:30 am »
I'd like to see Kirsten Dunst as Nurse Chapel and perhaps Russell Crowe or Mel Gibson as Bones.

Too bad Hollywierd is so anti-Southern...
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 03:44:13 am »
Hmmm, Russel Crowe as Bones?  Hmmm.  Now I could actually see Mel Gibson, for some reason.

You know that they'll have Paris in there as Yoeman Rand.  You just know it. ;)

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 10:44:00 pm »
Hmmm, Russel Crowe as Bones?  Hmmm.  Now I could actually see Mel Gibson, for some reason.

You know that they'll have Paris in there as Yoeman Rand.  You just know it. ;)

Mel Gibson just has that same simple, down-home quality that DeForrest Kelley displayed. They are both Anyman, you see them on the street going to work every morning and drinking beer in the tavern after 5PM.

Crowe was the only other actor that I could htink of off the top of my head that has that same APERANCE, though he lacks in the aproachability.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 11:37:08 am »
By the way there were NO Klingons in any of the movies.  Kor, Kang and Koloth were Klingons those boneheads in the movies are something else.

I prefer the spiny heads.  Especially since the only reason they didn't appear more alien in the series was the lack of makeup budget.

I do agree that Klingon characterization suffered in TNG.  DS9 had some fine moments though...Mar'tok was probably my favorite character on that series.  And the old Klingon on Enterprise screwing Section 31 gave me a nice warm feeling in my stomach.

"And you believed me."

;D

Thing is though, if you get right down to it...everything about TNG was watered down, including the Federation.  No surprise that the Klingons followed the pattern.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 10:43:04 am »
I think Russel Crowe would be better as a Klingon.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:04 pm »
Mel is too old for classic McCoy...
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 04:15:00 pm »
Over on another thread by Frey I posted that I could actually look forward to a major motion picture showing early Federation, Klingon, and Romulan ships.  Imagine the detail for the modders around here.   ;) ;)

They'd also have to break out the sound effect tracks from the 60's!   :D

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 07:42:21 pm »
Heh, get ready to be appauled.  Do you think that they will make the ships look like they did in the 60's, just with higher definition?  Doubtful, get ready to see an extensively updated early era (probably to kick all the old school guys in the butt and make it easier to unify one look throughout the timeline, rather than extensive retro for during one era).

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 08:02:56 pm »
Also on that other thread I mentioned that they could also royally screw this project up.  But being an optimist, I'm hoping for the best.  It's one of my character flaws.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 05:28:35 pm »
Hope for the best.  Plan for the worst. 

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 04:25:04 pm »
Hope for the best.  Plan for the worst.

And be prepared for ANYTHING.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 05:36:16 pm »
Like Kirk being played by a woman.  Jamie T. Kirk! ;)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:11 pm »
Like Kirk being played by a woman.  Jamie T. Kirk! ;)

Geeze, the only woman who could be slutty enough to play James Kirk would be someone like Marilyn Chambers.  Although, Ron Jeramy as "Bones" would add a whole new facet to the character.. but they might have to change the name to Skank Trek.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 12:31:05 pm »

Oh geez.

That's the end of this thread.

Bombs away.   8)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 12:45:35 pm »
I'm sorry but the green alien gag in Star Trek 4 was so spot-on that it was hilarious.

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 09:46:06 pm »
I'm sorry but the green alien gag in Star Trek 4 was so spot-on that it was hilarious.

?

:huh:
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 11:10:14 am »

?

:huh:

When Kirk was messing with the green alien chic on the Klingon prison planet, and it later morphed into a guy.  McCoy gave him a look that was priceless.