Topic: UFOP Falcon class scout WIP.....  (Read 21346 times)

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
Re: UFOP Falcon class scout WIP.....
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2006, 09:08:21 am »
gold

The tag team wins again.      ;D

Nice job RN.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

intermech

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2006, 09:35:06 am »
Looks great! In terms of the "white out" why not throw a few louvers or plasma vents on those pylons to break up the white. I am thinking that some sort of structure like is seen on the sovereign's pylons might look great here.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 02:45:39 pm »
I was actually thinking of doing a Starfleet version that would have the normal markings, the correct registry and phaser strips instead of the cannons. Perhaps it would be a science ship.

One other problem....I may have to go larger on this ship after all, which is kind of disappointing to me. The problem is the rear facing windows. They are too small compared with the front windows, so I either try to pass them off as half height windows (lamish), modifiy the model so they can be full size (which will disrupt the overall flow of the model IMO), or resize the windows up front, essentially doubling the ships size. Let me know if you think this should be a larger ship....if so, I will probably give it a few phaser strips as well and maybe change it's role.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

intermech

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 04:02:37 pm »
Leave the windows half-size. I work on alot of ships and I don't know of one that has a uniform window size throughout the entire vessel. I think the ones you are talking about are back by the shuttle bay. It would make sense that an area where there is higher chance for collision would have a smaller vulnerable surface area. Additionally, from a structural stand point, you would not want large windows there because it would lower the section modulous of the member that stretches accross both shuttle bays.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 05:17:19 pm »
Leave the windows half-size. I work on alot of ships and I don't know of one that has a uniform window size throughout the entire vessel. I think the ones you are talking about are back by the shuttle bay. It would make sense that an area where there is higher chance for collision would have a smaller vulnerable surface area. Additionally, from a structural stand point, you would not want large windows there because it would lower the section modulous of the member that stretches accross both shuttle bays.

I'm actually glad to hear that. I'm new to Fed textures (I think the only ones I did before this were my texture enhancements to Moonraker's excellent work on the Concord and the Scorpion redo....). I really wanted this ship to be on the small side, fits in more with what a Marine Corps expeditionary force would be like....it would be a fleet composed mostly of smaller vessels in multitude, with a few larger vessels for major fleet operations.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 11:51:12 pm »
Here's an idea, make the saucer section a "drop ship"  ;D

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 06:13:52 am »
lol...we've got enough mvam disease in BC as it is ;D

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 08:17:53 am »
Here goes:

1) The shuttle bay door split doesn't make much sence to me, since I don't see enough hullspace around for them to move up or down, only each one thowards it's own direction from the center of the hull.

2) Now, concerning the struts, and I would add most of the hull in general, try adding some apparent shield grids (did'em on the left strut in pic below) and the plasma flush vents to the back end of the struts:
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 08:20:53 am »
Good points Adonis  ;).

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 05:58:32 am »
I added some deflector lines to the top of the nacelle struts, Ill add flush vents next...working on the impulse pods at the moment. I also fixed the obvious oversight on the bay doors...thanks Adonis.....I decided to go with a garage door configuration, as you can see in the pic. So, the sections bend back inside the bay. Let me know what you think.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 06:34:00 am »
I added some deflector lines to the top of the nacelle struts, Ill add flush vents next...working on the impulse pods at the moment. I also fixed the obvious oversight on the bay doors...thanks Adonis.....I decided to go with a garage door configuration, as you can see in the pic. So, the sections bend back inside the bay. Let me know what you think.

Certainly a unique approach...I dunno if it's ment to be something like that on another cannon or non-cannon ship, and no probs man ;)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2006, 11:01:57 pm »

Certainly a unique approach...I dunno if it's ment to be something like that on another cannon or non-cannon ship, and no probs man ;)

I dont know if it has ever been done before, but we have seen retractable armor in the past....so mayby a sectioned bay door is not too much of a stretch.
At any rate, I should be posting pics of the nacelle work soon.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2006, 06:27:23 am »
Ok, here are the completed nacelles, top and bottom. I'm a little disappointed with the textures, but I guess they are ok. I really dont want to have to redo them, so I guess its up to you guys.

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2006, 08:25:46 am »
Why be disappointed they look great to me better than what I can do anyway. Whole ship looks great.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2006, 09:44:27 am »
I dont know...I was going for a multipanel group, like having panels contrast each other, panels in panels, as well as the shielded warp plasma vents on the bottom of the nacelle (the lines running left to right on the bottom of the nacelle, in the middle)...when all was said and done it looked like a stretched sneaker to me...that certainly was not what I intended.

Hey, at least if the ship lands on a planet it could run the 2 mile run in .0000000000000000000001 seconds lol. No, thats probably not accurate, just a guess. Couldnt find a good conversion calculator. Not sure why I looked for one in the first place....

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2006, 12:53:02 pm »
I think the nacelle looks fine.

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2006, 03:13:44 pm »
Kind of looks like some sort of snake skin pattern to me very coolness

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 11:15:51 am »
Ok, I decided to completely redo the hanger decks, make them more like a Miranda-style setup. I think I like this better than the prior ones, and it makes more sense because there is somewhere for the hanger doors to go now (note, this is a warship, so the areas where the shuttles are kept is called a hanger deck instead of a shuttlebay). Let me know if you like the redo.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2006, 05:18:02 pm »

:thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 10:26:57 pm »
Yes I like them much better like that