Topic: Macross/Robotech ....The Invasion Continues !!! UPDATED April 06, 2007  (Read 11954 times)

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
Re: Macross/Robotech ....The Invasion Continues !!! UPDATED March 22, 2007
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2007, 01:10:11 pm »
here rod make this one hehe 

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2007, 02:29:37 pm »
so i guess im gonna have to do some colour varations for ya MP :P

Nope just lightmaps, there are no color varients on this one bro. Oh BTW I  went back and created a better OBERTH Destroyer. I just wasn't happy with my first attempt  :)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2007, 02:47:48 pm »
Don't be hard on yourself, you fooled me into thinking it was the original mesh remember?  So that's good enough no? :D

Anyway are you logged onto GW as "ModelsPlease" ? I'm looking into your login problem now...

Also Rod, can I have permission to use your VF-4 mesh? Depending on how it turns out I'm deciding between MP's reconstruction of the HW mesh or yours. (it'll boil down to which looks better after conversion. :D

I just figured out enough of the new engine and you'll have all the options showing now in future screenies of content for the FS2 RT2.0 mod (like enviromental, etc)...

l8tr!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2007, 04:26:42 pm »
You know, a lot of work and detailing went into the textures that are on it. All of the decals, text, ribbing, etc... If you don't like it just don't use it.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2007, 04:34:39 pm »
You know, a lot of work and detailing went into the textures that are on it. All of the decals, text, ribbing, etc... If you don't like it just don't use it.

um who u talking there too. dont want any confussions here. hope ur not meaning me. i happen to like all ur fighters. thats why i asked u could make that one. which happens to be my second favorite robotech fighter of all time,

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2007, 05:05:41 pm »
No Mani, You're cool. It's just a statement to the general response. If anyone wants to actually look they'll see a lot of detailing. From the brushed metal finish, to the shading aroung the seams, and the registry markings and decals. The engines being mapped in one piece with only one seam around the inside. Virtually nothing being mirrored, etc...
The samples that I've seen of the VF-4 don't have the bright candy apple colored paint.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2007, 05:18:57 pm »
MP I just got a hold of Matt a few minutes ago and your GW account is now activated :)

Oberth is in but something is defiantely up, you can see the "splothcy" effect when you rotate in game in those two areas I mentioned. Also upon mission load it caused crash so I tricked the editor to time delay ship appearance (you start out in ship 1 then 10 secs later it changes to ship 2) I blew it up and it worked fine... Just something wierd going on... I stupidly deleted your older mesh before trying it cause of the "update" lol, so I dont know if this was a pre-existing issue...

l8tr!

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2007, 08:01:41 pm »
np.  as far as the detailing on the candy apple paints there are a very very few like it. but thats only cause ive played the aerotech version of robotech ;)

but yeah you're detailing is still awesome. though just 1 thing on the latest one and it might be just me but the metal looks like wood. still looks awesome.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:20 am »

And it's kick azz make no mistakes about it  ;D.

STATS for those who want it ;)

Unit type: tactical variable fighter
Manufacturer: Stonewell Bellcom and Shinnakasu Industries
Empty mass: 13950 kg
Powerplant type: FF-2011 thermonuclear turbine engines x 2
Vernier thruster types: Shinnakasu Heavy Industry P&W HMM-1A
Armament: long range missile x 6, large beam cannons x 2, GU-11 55mm gatling gun pod x 1
Optional equipment: FAST Pack system
Crew: 1 pilot
Pilot(s): Mahara Fabrio, Maximilien Jenius, Milia Fallyna Jenius
Mechanical designers: Shoji Kawamori, Kazutaka Miyatake

Fighter mode:
Overall height: 3.72 meters
Wingspan: 14.28 meters
Overall length: 14.92 meters
Maximum level atmospheric speed at 10000 meters: Mach 3.25
Maximum level atmospheric speed at 30000+ meters: Mach 5.33

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2007, 01:20:59 am »
No Mani, You're cool. It's just a statement to the general response. If anyone wants to actually look they'll see a lot of detailing. From the brushed metal finish, to the shading aroung the seams, and the registry markings and decals. The engines being mapped in one piece with only one seam around the inside. Virtually nothing being mirrored, etc...
The samples that I've seen of the VF-4 don't have the bright candy apple colored paint.

Very true, the bright colors are for custom ships. I'm not in anyway knocking the ship Rod she beautiful and clean. I wanna do a roughed up version like schematics I have.  :)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 01:20:45 pm »
Another WIP..............

VF-9 Cutlas gerwalker mode

d'l links on page 1 of this thread. Both the Max and Milia files have been updated to include this new model  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:46:20 pm by ModelsPlease »

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Macross/Robotech ....The Invasion Continues !!! UPDATED April 01, 2007
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2007, 10:41:27 pm »
Starting a weapons pack for those who wish to customize their Veritechs

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Macross/Robotech ....The Invasion Continues !!! UPDATED April 01, 2007
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »
Some bad guys

INVID

Offline manitoba1073

• Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Hey MP, come back please!  ;D

Anyway AA finally resent me the RCB I had lost in the HD crash and for my purposes it's almost done.

This is supposed to be that psychotic CORG, but I haven't mastered photoshop yet so best I could get the pink base to be is yellow I'll tweak it later as the thrim is supposed to be orange for him, SERA is pink.

I'm thinking of a generic leader type for mass battles/units and has greyish/blackish trim.
(ignore the feet thruster glow bleed through, it's a bug in 3.6.9 engine. You of course won't have this problem.)

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
I'd love to see all these models be given bump and spec and imported into Galactic civ2, would be great fun to have.

Either way, great work.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline whiteknight06604

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Macross/Robotech ....The Invasion Continues !!! UPDATED April 06, 2007
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 07:15:03 am »
I'm just getting back into SFC after a long absence.I was wondering if there are any other places to get Robotech/Macross stuff besides battleclinic?I think I remember a long time ago some Zentraedi capital ships and a shuttle being out.My mind is kinda weak so I might be remembering wrong.Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline whiteknight06604

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 07:39:12 am »
Thank you Fallen warrior.I have all the Battle clinic items.I was just hopeing for some others.thank you.

Offline whiteknight06604

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:12 am »
Thanks again.