Topic: TNG Constitution Project  (Read 42639 times)

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: TNG Constitution Project
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:57 pm »
i dont know its hard to tell where exactly the bottom of the saucer ends in relation to the lower neck and launchers

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
As decieving as it does look their is plenty of clearance for the torps not to blow away where the captain yacht will be lol...   but i am rebuilding the underside of the saucer as we speak, giving it an forward observation lounge as seen on the top of the uss voyager saucer facing forward, also i wanna stick a yacht in there and have some heavy detailing...  im a long way off with the mesh yet.

As for weapon placements i have read all of your suggestions and re done a few, think they should now cover all arcs, as for a back story and details about the ship itself i am working on that but again im open to suggestions, its probably gonna sit on about 15k polys when done... and i plan on using some pretty heavy texture sizes and a few maps too..

I will post a wip very soon, showing the progress to the pylons, the deflector array, the underside of the saucer and the weapons placements.. 

thanks guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 03:45:10 pm »
I absolutely love it, the only part I felt was off were the pylons/wings connecting the nacelles to the hull, so I included a suggestion, positive and hopefully helpful criticism. Posting it under the original for comparison. I can't wait until the TNG connie is released! Going to follow this project definately. :D

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 07:13:59 pm »
Judging by that last pic, I think the ventral saucer needs to be "shortened" in height, or the neck connecting the secondary hull to the saucer needs to be lengthened slightly, or else the forward torpedoes may hit the sensor pod :P
// Darkthunder

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 07:17:18 pm »
Judging by that last pic, I think the ventral saucer needs to be "shortened" in height, or the neck connecting the secondary hull to the saucer needs to be lengthened slightly, or else the forward torpedoes may hit the sensor pod :P

yes i agree from this side view oh yeah the sensor dome is in the path

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52:32 am »
I did a check and there is enough clearance for the torpedoes but were the design real I would feel more comfortable as a crewman if I had an extra deck height of empty space there.

Great pylon design Jay.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 11:00:49 am »
I did a check and there is enough clearance for the torpedoes but were the design real I would feel more comfortable as a crewman if I had an extra deck height of empty space there.

Great pylon design Jay.

Agreed.. the pylons look better tweaked like this.  :)

And brought up the saucer bottom just a bit in this pic to show about how it'd look thinned a bit top to bottom... it is marginally too thick at the moment I think as well.. but not a whole lot..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 11:09:59 am »
Agreed.. their does need to be more room for the torps and i have fixed that, love the pylon design, not sure why i didnt think of that, it will be implimented, i will show a wip a little later.

Thanks guys

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »
Agreed.. their does need to be more room for the torps and i have fixed that, love the pylon design, not sure why i didnt think of that, it will be implimented, i will show a wip a little later.

Thanks guys

just us modelers/bashers and what nots helping out. To be honest u have everyone drooling on this one both in SFC and BC  communitiesi dont know what Legacy modders think but atm i dont give a rats @## I just wanmt to get her into BC and let loose the scripters they can do wonders to heroh and if ya are thinking of making multiple regs for this un-named class starship guys over at 3rd era have created a script called skinning and damaging tool that allows u to swap regs on the hull but would require all blank textures with the regs on a separate texture file not sure exactly how it actually works. If u are wondering talk to Mark over at BCC he would have all the details.

Offline Cordanilus

• Ensign
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2007, 12:32:09 pm »
Awesome work there Asylum.  The ship is lookin great, will be awesome to add to the collection.  :D

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2007, 04:57:24 pm »

pylons are done, my god they took about three hours, spent about an hour trying to adjust the ones i had, then gave up and remade new ones... mabey to shallow but that will be addressed, apart from that all observations are described on the images.

Dawg, thanks man, u feel free to update BC and i appreciate it  :)

Again guys, i appreciate all the feedback but im not rushing the model, want it to be spot on.. the pylon adjustment was excellet...  so keep them coming

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:15:16 pm by asylum »

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2007, 05:15:11 pm »
I think it can look slightly more connie if the nacelles are closer together. :) I like the pylons, though they look fragile now, somehow, can't see right how though.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2007, 05:51:30 pm »
It's just because there is a bit of a change to the nacelles now.. I've attached a picture to show the differences..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2007, 06:09:35 pm »
Yes now I see it. A bit too thin maybe.. not sure. Used to like the size of the older ones better, just not the shape.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2007, 10:22:11 pm »
I like the changes you've added to the pylons.

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2007, 07:43:56 am »
indeed nolw dont forget to add the airlocks/docking ports to her

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2007, 09:22:54 am »
Thanks guys, more to come 2nite

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 12:29:22 pm »

spent time on the lower part of the necelle pylons today.. look thicker and stronger now, i also spent alot of time on the neck, getting the centre to bend with the shape of the hull and making it fatter.
The underside of the saucer is currently being worked on.

again, comments and suggestions more than welcome guys thanks ;)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2007, 01:19:57 pm »
H-O-T What else is there to say.

Those are rear facing torp tubes in the neck right? I'm sure it'll be clearer once textured but they look wide enough to be impulse vents. It's probably just a trick of my eye though. Are they the same size as the forward tubes?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 01:25:44 pm »

spent time on the lower part of the necelle pylons today.. look thicker and stronger now, i also spent alot of time on the neck, getting the centre to bend with the shape of the hull and making it fatter.
The underside of the saucer is currently being worked on.

again, comments and suggestions more than welcome guys thanks ;)

i like how u redid the nacelles more rounded more TNG love the weapons placements i have notice that thers a gap in the mesh where the saucer meets the neck in the pic in this post