Topic: TNG Constitution Project  (Read 42662 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: TNG Constitution Project
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2008, 07:06:04 pm »
Was wondering when the next update was going to be expected, I know he is out of the country.
Just wondering the ETA to check up here again.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline davies78

• Ensign
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2008, 01:10:31 pm »
Hi my brother should be home in about two weeks with a bit of luck

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2008, 06:00:02 pm »
thats good to hear.

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2008, 09:17:16 am »
Hmmmm I actually finished the gagarin whilst i was away.. no internet access though lol... now after reading all your comments i may need to work on her a little more... i'll show a wip in a short while.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2008, 10:09:14 am »
Hmmmm I actually finished the gagarin whilst i was away.. no internet access though lol... now after reading all your comments i may need to work on her a little more... i'll show a wip in a short while.  ;)

Awesome!  And good to see you back.  :D

I think that the only worries with the ship now is primarily that people thought that the ship would be around the size of a Connie or Connie Refit (<> 305 meters), so the windows looked odd being that large, and there were some placement issues around thrusters, and if you wanted to have people on the bridge, you'd have to have smaller windows to scale the ship up.  On the other hand, if the bridge were something that was more there for lines and simply housed a sensor with the actual bridge being elsewhere (ala a Battle Bridge type scenario), then you'd not need people up there and the ship could be scaled the size that it is.  :)

But, the windows themselves have a fantastic amount of detailing, so please don't change that if you can.. I think we're just wanting them (or expecting them) smaller mostly.  ;)

And you know that people love the ship simply because if it were something that noone cared about, you'd have a lot of "Looks Good", and "Good Work!".  Or even "Top Drawer!!!1!"  >=)  Everyone really wants to see this ship out, downloadable, and playable.. and I'd expect to see quite a few kitbashes and requests for same once the ship is out.  :D

So I'd suggest reserving your next project now if you're planning on doing a Miranda or something similar based off this ship.. because once it's released people are going to be downloading like mad, because they *want* this ship ingame.  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2008, 10:36:30 am »
Ok so I just had a shower and had a chance to read through all the posts properly, 1stly scaling of the ship is larger than you think, when i spoke to my brother i told him it would be somewhere imbetween the size of a nova class and connie, lol.. ill show the scaling..

all i knew when i was making it was that i wanted it to be smaller than a connie but bigger than a nova..   so... about....

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:53 am »
Thanks man...  actually my next project turned out to be something quite different and i know its summat u guys want, i have the mesh about 85% done too..  ;)

The windows will be reduced in size, the placements will be amended and the number of escape pods increased, bump mapping will be dropped, depth will be textured, and their are still some minor texture tweeks to finish..

thanks for all your input, and time in working out your ideas and scalings etc, as i said before im not a tech buff and it all helps..

Now.... where did i put my WACOM  ;) Lol  :'(

Keep the suggestions coming  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2008, 10:48:34 am »
Ok so I just had a shower and had a chance to read through all the posts properly, 1stly scaling of the ship is larger than you think, when i spoke to my brother i told him it would be somewhere imbetween the size of a nova class and connie, lol.. ill show the scaling..

all i knew when i was making it was that i wanted it to be smaller than a connie but bigger than a nova..   so... about....

So size-wise we're looking between a Miranda and an original Connie.. good.  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:05 am »
.. there we go, just found something about right in that chart for scaling, although it's a horrible thing to compare against.. ;)

Probably be better just to scale by eye against the Connie.. >=D

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:10 am »
Lol... so you take one step forward, then one back.. then you fall down the stairs and bang ur head and ur miles from where u where...

in the process of losing the windows i had to lose the bump mapping that was tied to a layer with details that crossed both because i got sloppy... lost a little bit of work.. started filling in the gaps today, here is where im at.. now...

the windows lol  :D   urgh  >:(

ok so im thinking half the original size, none near the impulse engines...   two decks on the rim of the saucer?

how does that sit  :)

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:55 am »
also, someone pointed out that it looks like an ambassidor class...

Well yes it does and no it doesnt, from certain angles it looks ambassidor class, then from others it looks like a connie, and as such you then get something slightly original.

Nothing too bold, a simple and realistic approach, and something that can be considered as being quite a realistic step in a rather packed cannon line of ships throught the federations lineage.

I think it looks original enough to be considered my own take on a rather overwhelming fleet of federation ships  8)

anyhoot.. back to my wacom... i appreciate all your comments and suggestions, including what i have spoken about above, this ship has been created now not only by me,

but by the entire modelling community..   so its our ship..  :-*

lol     :angel:

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2008, 12:05:56 pm »
i'm not to sure on making the saucer rim 2 decks since the airlock is there and its length is only supposed to be one deck high less u decide to turn those airlocks into gangway hatches and make that whole area a cargo bay on both sides

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2008, 12:16:56 pm »
Dude... that is such a valid point and well brought out...

im going to shrink the airlock and add windows in that area but keep the cut i think...  ;)

cant believe i missed that  :o

thanks  :)

imoutosan

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29:13 pm »
it could be a 1 deck airlock. i imagined the inside of the airlock having some room. as an example:

so it still could be 2 decks. just depends on how you imagine it.  ;)

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2008, 12:34:31 pm »
ill bear that in mind... ty  ;)

i hate windows...   mabey it should just be plated like the defiant.. or summat lol   jk  :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2008, 12:42:39 pm »
ok so im thinking half the original size, none near the impulse engines...   two decks on the rim of the saucer?
how does that sit  :)

None near the engines or RCS thrusters.. (because you're going to have tanks and machinery there).. and two decks on the rim looked about right.  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:06 pm »
also, someone pointed out that it looks like an ambassidor class...
Well yes it does and no it doesnt, from certain angles it looks ambassidor class, then from others it looks like a connie, and as such you then get something slightly original.

Nothing too bold, a simple and realistic approach, and something that can be considered as being quite a realistic step in a rather packed cannon line of ships throught the federations lineage.
I think it looks original enough to be considered my own take on a rather overwhelming fleet of federation ships  8)
anyhoot.. back to my wacom... i appreciate all your comments and suggestions, including what i have spoken about above, this ship has been created now not only by me,
but by the entire modelling community..   so its our ship..  :-*
lol     :angel:

Agreed.. the input has come from the whole community (and that input has helped shape the ship), but it's you that is bringing the ship to life.  :D

When this does come out, I'm planning a slight retexture and registry change to go along with another idea I had and still haven't released yet due to time.. :p  Just have to find the right font to do it..

Btw, Never have a family if you have a consuming hobby like modding.. ;)

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:39 pm »
Lol... thanks for the heads up..  8)  invaluable as always..

and yeah.. no family for me... im career oriantated, and between the armed forces and my hobbies i dont have time for a family lol... im only 27 plenty of time for that stuff yet and i have only done 11 years in the infantry and have 13 to go  ;)

but still..   nice ship  :police:

and hey... keep some mods to urself too...   i like the though of alternitave versions being released.. keeps the lifespan of the idea going  :)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2008, 02:24:04 pm »
Something to keep in mind is that an airlock is an airlock is an airlock, meaning it's likely to stay the same size for compatability reasons regardless of ship size. Take a look at the TMP E and you'll find the airlocks on the port and starboard sides are actually two decks tall or at least appear to be.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:36:01 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2008, 05:55:20 pm »
windows....

more lesss shorter.. taller    :D