Topic: TNG Constitution Project  (Read 42654 times)

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: TNG Constitution Project
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:18 pm »
ok with it glowing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:28 pm »
Im in love!!!! Marry me Asylum ROFL j/k

Edit after asylums latest post. Add a few more escape pods to the dorsal side. Also im looking forward to seeing how u modify the airlocks on the saucer and neck

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2008, 07:48:55 pm »
I still say you should reduce the number of windows just a tad more.  Just my opinion of course.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:05 pm »
Looking at the top down view of the saucer hull, I get the feeling that the placement of the windows is a little 'off', as it were. I'm curious to know if you are going for an asymetrical look with window placement or no. Also, you might consider turning off some of the lights as an alternative to completely removing windows.

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:11 pm »
Looking at the top down view of the saucer hull, I get the feeling that the placement of the windows is a little 'off', as it were. I'm curious to know if you are going for an asymetrical look with window placement or no. Also, you might consider turning off some of the lights as an alternative to completely removing windows.

Yeah, some of the windows should be "turned off" I think. I doubt that every room with a window on the ship has it's lights turned on at all times :P

I think you could do with lowering the amount of windows somewhat, but the size of the windows is a vast improvement over the last version. Only critism I have at this point besides the aforementioned suggestions, would be to use the canon TNG-era font for the registries.
// Darkthunder

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2008, 08:59:59 pm »
On a ship as large as the galaxy everyone having a cabin with a view is understandable, space cruise liner syndrome. On a small ship, less is more. One big thing I'd point out is varying the position of the windows. Not having them in a neat array also gives the impression of a varied interior configuration.

Kind of like the difference between a fan dancer and a quarter peep show.  :laugh:
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:56 am »
did you put phaser on the warp engines?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:59 am »
Definitely better, but the windows are still a little large if you want to have people on your bridge.. need to decrease their height by half again so that they'd fit on the the upper modules (Decks 2 and 3 it'd probably be) and also if you want to have two decks on the edge of your saucer..

Other minor point.. your registry illumination is just a bit too high towards the bridge, it's starting just above the light, and that's just a matter of adjusting it forward a little.  It looks good otherwise.  :)

I've done the same on this attached image as I did the last one I did for you.. included lines with scaled sizes across the saucer for illustration.

Still love the detailing in the windows.. :D

I know that you're probably worried that the windows are going to look too small, or make the ship look too large, but honestly, based off your mesh and those upper decks, they should be about the right size.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2008, 11:53:39 pm »
I don't know if this will be any help or not, but this is a perspective shot of the gemini and the Maj.  granted there is a size difference between our  ships (especially the maj, she is huge) but it should give you a general idea on window spacing

http://outalance.battleclinic.com/tus/images2/gemini99-1.jpg

http://outalance.battleclinic.com/tus/images2/majesticf4.jpg
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2008, 10:02:44 am »
Ok... thanks guys

reg font fixed, windows fixed

now time for some beer.. back later  :)

thanks guys  :angel:

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2008, 11:14:56 am »
Windows look superb!  And the airlocks look as it should.. ummm, one nitpick, and I'll add a picture to show..

There's just a few windows that should disappear from the saucer.. usually the registry won't be broken up with windows, and the windows near the thrusters should be lessened.  If you're using vectored lines, just bring the back away from those sections, or break the line before them and add points to either end to pull them back..

Other than that, the windows look the right size now I think.. a good test for you should be, take a look at the window sizing on the Connie refit and then compare them against your TNG Connie.. I think that'll be the truest test.  :)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2008, 12:54:42 pm »
Ok... thanks guys

reg font fixed, windows fixed

now time for some beer.. back later  :)

thanks guys  :angel:

Better, I would suggest try to group windows together in 4s, 3s, 2s, and the occasional lone window.  My meaning is this is you ahve a row of windows, try deleteing some out of there, make'em a bit more sporadic.  Also i would suggest blacking out 25% of the windows, those folks will be on duty ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2008, 01:38:47 pm »
Just trying Tus' suggestion in regards to darkened windows (went a little extreme as it's closer to 50%), plus added in a couple of things on my own just as a quick edit.. I made the airlock stand out a little more (more like the TMP version), added the nav lights to the RCS thrusters, moved the windows away from in front of the impulse engines, and added the previous suggestions I made in regards to windows in the registry..

Feel free to adapt or ignore at your leisure.  ;)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2008, 03:44:06 pm »
i think your mock up almost has it atheorhaven.  Those windows you blackend out I personally would delete, then I would blacken out 25% of those remaining windows, my opinion of course
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2008, 04:34:53 pm »
Lol... if you gents were not so accurate in your sugestions i might be p*ssed off by now.

But im not, your suggestions are invaluable, and are always 100% spot on, it stems from being here so long . . . i remember most of you from the days before the dyna so their ya go, and i remember the rest of u the days after..

work continues, u are a  hard lot to please, but still . . a commited, accurate passionate lot...

i'll....    - best picard voice..... "make it so!"

;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2008, 04:52:30 pm »
Lol... if you gents were not so accurate in your sugestions i might be p*ssed off by now.

But im not, your suggestions are invaluable, and are always 100% spot on, it stems from being here so long . . . i remember most of you from the days before the dyna so their ya go, and i remember the rest of u the days after..

work continues, u are a  hard lot to please, but still . . a commited, accurate passionate lot...

i'll....    - best picard voice..... "make it so!"
 ;)

As always, we're doing our best to try and help make this the best possible that it can be.  And to mention it, I went looking at some of p81's stuff when I was looking for visuals of RCS systems, and already, this ship is a lot more accurate than a good deal of the shots I saw of Rick's stuff just in browsing this morning.

I can guarantee you, once released, you'll be getting asked questions about this ship for a long long time.  :)

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2008, 04:58:30 pm »
Pfffft i tell you now that even being metioned in the same sentence as such names is a massive boost for me...  we all aspire to be the best we can be, and hell..... they where pretty hot!!!

I will not let you fellas down, and im gonna keep it going until we are all happy.... a hard criteria to meet im sure.. but one im grown to fullfilling  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2008, 05:31:35 pm »
Pfffft i tell you now that even being metioned in the same sentence as such names is a massive boost for me...  we all aspire to be the best we can be, and hell..... they where pretty hot!!!

I will not let you fellas down, and im gonna keep it going until we are all happy.... a hard criteria to meet im sure.. but one im grown to fulfilling  :)

It's not fluffing you up, the ship is good, the textures are great, and it's something totally new.

Case in point, I'll give you images of two of p81's ships.. (the first was also worked on by Knox, and I worked on the second with Mackie).

Enterprise-D (located here):  http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,0d75f31b82962f9c94948f82b8d07dec.zip

Ophidian (located here: http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,9c1eec6fc30726a63a55a33670a7c3d4.zip

and lastly, compare this with Will Decker and Khaliban's work
Will Decker's retexture of Khaliban's Enterprise (located here: http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,f6959a530edfa53ea9f3b8195f5d7b58.zip

Now compare your ship.  It's nothing against Rick, these are older meshes now, and we've done a good amount to further the limit here in this forum.  But Khaliban's ship I think looks tighter, and Will's textures are crisp.  Your ship will have the advantage of being newer yet, plus, I think that you've gotten a lot more feedback than Rick or Will did on their textures, and the ship looks better as a result.  And compare the ship now from your starting point on page 1, and it's a way *way* better ship.  Feedback and care are the things that has made this ship shine, and your knowledge of what you're doing.

So it's not being overly kind, or fluffing you up.. it's an honest opinion.  I know that 99% of the people here work better with feedback, it's just that maybe 50% of the people here accept it willingly.  ;)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:08 pm »
Hey Asylum, I'm gonna be pestering you real soon to teach me a few tips and tricks on modelling.

*looks at TUS*  You ain't off the hook either my friend.  I intend to pick your brain.  Same goes for Mudd.  :-D

*begins plotting his fiendish schemes on his path to becoming a modeller*  MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the ship is looking AWESOME!!!

When you release her, can I get a set of blanks for custom registries?  Please?!?!?!?!?!?!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2008, 07:59:43 pm »
Hey Asylum, I'm gonna be pestering you real soon to teach me a few tips and tricks on modelling.

*looks at TUS*  You ain't off the hook either my friend.  I intend to pick your brain.  Same goes for Mudd.  :-D

*begins plotting his fiendish schemes on his path to becoming a modeller*  MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the ship is looking AWESOME!!!

When you release her, can I get a set of blanks for custom registries?  Please?!?!?!?!?!?!

Think he said earlier in the thread that he was releasing with Photoshop files...