Topic: OP Enhancement Package v5.1  (Read 64050 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: OP Enhancement Package v5.1
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 03:36:05 pm »

running the game,, make sure in Vista that you have UAC turned OFF.

User Account Control is not what allows people to have multiple accounts.

User account control is a shadow layer that is supposedly designed  to protect the current user.. however it interferes with Non Vista made software..

It is a WOAH, not WOW feature of Microsoft Vista that really hinders system performance..

The only thing that I would like to say about UAC, is that some software will NOT install with UAC turned off (such as Adobe Reader)
I kinda like the idea behind UAC, but I wish they had made it so that you can customise what flags the UAC prompt. For instance, I would like to have it pop up when accessing my registry, but having it pop up when I want an elevated comand prompt is annoying.

Sorry for making an 'off topic' post, I just wanted people to be aware that leaving UAC off, can result in some rather cryptic errors when installing 'some' software. I believe the error that Adobe Reader pops is an error saying that the disk is full or write protected. Although, UAC only needs to be on during the install, afterwards, it can be turned off again with no negative side effects that I can see.

NP on the off topic post.. for UAC, I recommend TweakUAC utility.. it does what you ask.. it can put UAC into quiet mode and makes Windows Defender flag when changes are made to your start-up and registry files by an application and thay you have to give permission for.. however UAC will not keep asking you to to approve your software.. however, I would find the directory in which it installed and right click, select properties, and then go to security tab and give each user, 1 at a time, full access.. this way you can adjust files using 3rd party utilities. I would also find every EXE file and put into compatibility mode for XPSP 2 AND also make them run as administrator. This will prevent any errors from occurring.. However this still does not allow for proper play on the D2.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline TopMoxie

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 06:35:26 pm »
Didnt really know where to post, what is required as far as downloads for the current server for OP

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 11:38:39 am »
It has been sometime since I have installed one of these but the mod chooser is giving me this and what exactly is the short cut called.

Reffet

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 01:26:05 pm »
It has been sometime since I have installed one of these but the mod chooser is giving me this and what exactly is the short cut called.

I had that problem too, I had to download a copy of the file  and put it back  in the windows/system32/ folder  cant remember where I got it from but I googled "missing MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 04:10:19 pm »
Where did you get it from this is what I found when googled it?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=missing+MSCOMCTL.OCX&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Update post.

I am getting AVG coming up on both storyline and conquest mode single player scripts and it freezes on me as well or it just does that.I unistalled the old scripts and installed the new ones.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:04:23 pm by Age »

Reffet

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 07:02:39 pm »

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=missing+MSCOMCTL.OCX&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Update post.

I am getting AVG coming up on both storyline and conquest mode single player scripts and it freezes on me as well or it just does that.I unistalled the old scripts and installed the new ones.

Look here  http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169  there is a link to a installer.  Let me know if that helps.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 07:12:53 pm »

Update post.

Age.. How many times have you read my postings? How many times have I stated that before you install anything to your computer concerning the SFC games, to turn off Anti-Virus? in the case of AVG, you need to turn off Active Shield when doing any installs to your computer.., this includes DirectX updates, SFC installers, Driver updates, Windows Updates, etc.. AVG sees any installer as a potential threat and the installer fails to complete.. or the installer hangs up.. You need to turn Anti-Virus off..

And when playing online, make sure that your Firewall and Anti-Virus is disabled to help prevent loss/corruption of information packets between games.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 03:47:49 pm »
I unistalled it and turned off AVG the E-Pack only I do have Windows Defender as well.I then went ot install it with AVG off and in the single player camaagin after choosing a one pressing start camapaign it then froze on me my whoe system this is a new system as well with Intel Dual Core duo 3.0 Windows XP SP3.This never happened on my other Machine being a P4 1.5 Windows XP SP2.I installed everything separately as 4.0 had a problem with something as Bonk posted.I was just wondering can the scripts be installed separately as well as everything else.The single player skirmish doesn't give me any problems just the camapaigns selector and I have not tried the Multi player selector.

I have AVG,Windows Defender,Windows FireWall and Spybot S & D.I do keep this all on when playing Guild Wars to keep hackers and or key loggers getting on to my system.

SFC installers
What do you mean by this?I don't like having my machine freezing up like this and I have to shut it down and reboot.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 06:00:39 pm »
OK.. any time you use an installer for the Starfleet Command games (SFC Installers) you have to have Anti-Virus turned off

Also, If you have any saved games, any updates tothe game means that you have to delete the saved games.

If you play a game, you have to make sure that you are either in Campaign mode or Conquest Mode and you have to pick 1 shiplist to play the game.. If you change Shiplists or Campaign modes, you will not be able to continue a previous saved game until you change your game back to the settings you had when you first started the saved game.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 01:37:48 pm »
I did what you said and I turned anto virus off when I went to reinstall OP E-Pack I got the samething CDT and MS report to send to them and I said no.I then took that install folder and placed it else where.I unistalled the E-Pack and reinstalled everything separately and I went into the single player campaign and picked Fed vs Isc custom (storyline)it worked like a charm no problems.I am not sure what is going on as this is a new PC I am playing with Win. XPSP3 and my video card is fine as it plays Guild Wars just great.

I did not install the dLL or I might have.

I know about the save campagin files delete them.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:02 pm »
 ;D Hey Pesty!

What is the status of the next upgraded enhancement package?

I believe that we were going to get an updated OP+ shiplist that included hardpointed planets... What happened?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2008, 10:02:04 pm »
I'm waiting on Firesoul / Diehard to get the next OP + done.. ance ready, I will upgrade the OP +..

If it is going to take a while, then I'll dive in and set up the current OP + with the new planet models packs and make an intermittent release...

I'll give it another 2 weeks or so before I dive into it.

Hope that this helps.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:29 pm »
Pesty wrote; "I'll give it another 2 weeks or so before I dive into it."

Okay it's been two weeks.

Although I'd love to have a new Enhancement project release to play with I am very content with maybe a behind the scenes update.

I really hope all of your fine work collecting these updates will be compatable with SFC4.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 11:45:15 pm »
Diehard and Dizzy should be working on the OP+ v5.. Dizzy was here night before last.. we discussed it.

It is in process.. please be patient.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 05:12:45 pm »
 ;D Thanks Pesty.

What your wrote for a reply was really all I was looking for regarding news.

All of your enhancement packages have been well worth the wait.

The only question that remains is: Do you know if all your enhancement packages will be compatable with SFC4? I'm hoping they are...

SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT:

I'll take my answer off the air...

Qapla' and thanks for your continued support.

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 06:07:52 am »
;D Thanks Pesty.

What your wrote for a reply was really all I was looking for regarding news.

All of your enhancement packages have been well worth the wait.

The only question that remains is: Do you know if all your enhancement packages will be compatable with SFC4? I'm hoping they are...

SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT:

I'll take my answer off the air...

Qapla' and thanks for your continued support.

KF

SFC 4 will be using different file structures and programming languages and different game engine.. as such, I do not think the OP Enhancement Pack will be applicable to SFC 4.. however I will continue to support OPE as new content for OP comes out And I will also create an SFC 4 Enhancement Package as material becomes available.

Hope this helps

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 06:53:24 am »
Diehard and Dizzy should be working on the OP+ v5.. Dizzy was here night before last.. we discussed it.

It is in process.. please be patient.

I hereby volunteer my services in consultation on the NSIS installer if needed.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 08:22:41 am »
Diehard and Dizzy should be working on the OP+ v5..

:o  This is the first I've heard of this.   i've got no problem makes mods (and mods of mods . . .) but if it ain't got Firesoul's Seal od Approval it ain't OP+
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:58 am »
Diehard and Dizzy should be working on the OP+ v5..

:o  This is the first I've heard of this.   i've got no problem makes mods (and mods of mods . . .) but if it ain't got Firesoul's Seal od Approval it ain't OP+

I thought that sounded odd...