Topic: Osiris Class Rennovation  (Read 32496 times)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
Osiris Class Rennovation
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:36:04 pm »
Ok folks, for the past couple weeks or so I've been annoying asking you guys for help on a couple things.  Heres why.

The Triton LC is on hold for the time being, though the model is complete.  I want the hull to be gunmetal, but I want it to have a chitinous blue sheen as well.  So while I screw experiment with various filters in GimpShop, I've turned my attention to something that I've been wanting to do for a while now.

Working on this:

Which at the moment looks like this:

I've been wanting to roll up my sleeves and see what I can do to improve the original design now that I can.  I've been working on replacements for the Bridge (which is posted in the 'Assistance Request' thread), Nacelles, and Torpedo turret.  Also adding a deflector dish as well.  The Nacelle and turret are also being worked on first, their current states:

...<< I may ask for some assistance with poly reduction tho. *gets slapped*

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
Re: Osiris Class Rennovation
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:42:40 pm »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:44:14 am by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:45:44 pm »
Now that's a damn good engine you have there, and that torpedo launcher looks sweet. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:35:29 am »
Gonna call it a night now.

Was messing around with the nacelle trying to figure out what to do with the back of it, because it was completely flat...and it looked like a freakin' brick.

After careful consideration and hours of experimentation with the top minds of our day...

...I took the lazy man's way out =p

upside down connie a go-go

Also decided to see what (more) raised areas similar to the TOS connie's would look like behind the bussard thingamascoop.

May keep, may not...such decisions may or may not be made tomorrow.  Depending on whether I may or may not be awake until noon to make them...and now time for beeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:11:18 pm »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:44:46 am by Fallen_Warrior »

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 05:57:12 pm »
I think I prefered the old color scheme, too many ships are comming out in the current color you have now. However, the turret looks nice. The one thing that always annoyed my about this ship is that odd front face that twists on the pylons (the fwd edge).

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:17 pm »
A retexure is in the planning stages right now, as I doubt the current color scheme would look good with the new parts modules. 

It will be close to the current textures, but more blue-ish like the original.  Also getting rid of the geometric aztec. (*shrugs* It had seemed a good idea at the time)

There will also be more mesh tweaks as I test fit the parts to see what works and what doesn't.  The swan pylons may be tweaked depending on how the new nacelles fit into the equation, or possibly replaced if need be.

Speaking of the nacelles, they're done.  I reversed the back end and blunted the whole thing to fit more in line with the Osiris' design language, as when I tried last night's version, it looked like a ship with two logs in place of engines. This ain't stone trek.

(Stone Trek...there's an idea...)

They are a bit poly heavy though...but here's where they landed.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:11:08 am »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:45:05 am by Fallen_Warrior »

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 04:14:16 am »
agreed. Those look good.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 03:08:40 am »
*pant**pant*

G%#@#$^ I've got alot of work to do.  :P

Today was all about test fitting.  For the first time, the Osiris model now bears the new nacelles, turret, bridge, dish, and now all new swan pylons (the others just looked too funky with the new nacelles).  I wanted to get a feeling on where I was going, pretty close to done with the additional modules. 

From here I think it's all existing mesh tweaks, and then some texture application, followed by some textureing, and then some spit and polish, perhaps some string/spec editing to get her into SFC2/OP/3, and maybe a few test flights and tweaking, perhaps a late lunch....and then begins the killing, followed by a light salad.

Calling it a night, here's where she sits:

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:57 am »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:45:41 am by Fallen_Warrior »

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 12:28:33 pm »
Decided to take a break, finish reading Contact Harvest.  Got bored immediately.

Wasted some time in photoshop.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 12:43:58 pm »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:47:32 am by Fallen_Warrior »

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 07:21:21 pm »
nacelles look s tad big verticly, but otherwise the new parts all look great.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 08:27:18 pm »
An update on current events.

Saturday afternoon, the .max file with the retrofitted Osiris model was lost.  The finished nacelles, turret, and bridge are all fine (not a total loss); but the new swan pylons and sensor dish were lost with it.

After taking a day to dry my tears (I'd worked on getting to that stage for 3 days straight), it's back to work on the model and a few other things.

Model update:  What can I say, there's the rock and there's the hill behind it.
Texture update:  A little registry info. 

Now, the current Kreeargh model will be released as the Mark 1 Osiris.  The textures have been finished forever, but I've been doing a lot of registries for that model, a list of registries for the Osiris Mark 1 Model are below.

Osiris (Base Class)
USS Osiris NCC-85993
USS Sedna NCC-85994
USS Demeter NCC-87335
USS Apsaras NCC-89210
USS La'aka NCC-89291

Shiva (Torpedo/Light Carrier Variant)
USS Shiva NCC-89874
(Class was aborted due to combat performance compared to existing starfleet ships of similar tonnage.)

Rhinemaiden (Advanced subclass, Prototype for the Mark II)
USS Rhinemaiden NCC-94295
USS Woglinde NCC-94296
USS Wellgunde NCC-94297
USS Flosshilde NCC-94298
USS Ain NCC-94590
USS Tamamo NCC-94591

All of these registries are already made and in separate folders.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish laughing hysterically at reading STTNG: Before Dishonor.

Starfleet seems to be crewed by the most aggressively stupid people in the universe.  Except Calhoun, because he apparently TALKS S#%^ TO EVERYONE.  Usually as a compliment.

Admiral Nechayev: *Points* "They ate Pluto!  I think we have to be prepared to throw all previous definitions of sanity out the window, Admiral!  Get in touch with the Enterprise.  Find out where she is.  I want to be able to report to the council that we are, at the very least, giving the appearance of providing the Borg with what they want."
Admiral Jellico:  "Picard is on his way."
Nechayev: "Do you know that?"
Jellico: Of Course I-"
Nechayev:  "Don't tell me that he's following the orders you gave him.  Do you know for a fact that Enterprise is en route to Earth?"
Jellico: *annoyed* "I will verify her range to Sector 001."
Nechayev: "Do that.  And if he's heading anywhere else but Earth, God help him...and God help us all."

Indeed, Nechayev.  God help us all, there's a bigger hack than Boll out there.  *hyperventilates from laughter*

And now a moment of silence for the Planet/Dwarf Planet/Gypsy Planet/Not a Planet Pluto, and all her moons...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:02:57 pm by AlchemistiD »

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 10:46:44 pm »
is this a new book, or one of the older ones? I seem to have been reading them backwards in the series (if it is the excalibur series since you mentioned calhoun, but I know he's had camios in other books, and yes, he is hilarious) Honestly, I wish f***ing paramount would have their damn writers for trek higher some of these book writers. If calhoun were to have been a tv captain (or a character that acts similarly in enterprise as captain) we'd have ourselves a decent series that would have a chacne at running 7 seasons.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:01 pm »
hmm... me thinks you shouldn't just 'tweak' the old mesh, me thinks with them nice brand spankin new naccels, and all them other fine parts that ya should rebuild the whole thing ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »
hmm... me thinks you shouldn't just 'tweak' the old mesh, me thinks with them nice brand spankin new naccels, and all them other fine parts that ya should rebuild the whole thing ;)

Yep i agree you got a good thing going here keep it up  :thumbsup:   
Time for life!

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »
is this a new book, or one of the older ones? I seem to have been reading them backwards in the series (if it is the excalibur series since you mentioned calhoun, but I know he's had camios in other books, and yes, he is hilarious) Honestly, I wish f***ing paramount would have their damn writers for trek higher some of these book writers. If calhoun were to have been a tv captain (or a character that acts similarly in enterprise as captain) we'd have ourselves a decent series that would have a chacne at running 7 seasons.

It's one of the new TNG novels, the sequel to the TNG novels "Resistance" and "Death in Winter", which all begin pretty much immediately after Nemesis ends.  "Resistance" is the beginning of a plot arc involving the evolution of the Borg from just supervillians to freaking Galactus-esque bad guys.

On the bright side, apparently Nechayev deals with mortal fear by turning into a complete smartass.
And Jellico is a moron.  No change there.

As for Calhoun:
Picard to fleet, aboard Enterprise: "Prepare to go to warp eight, continuing course for Earth."
Calhoun, on Excalibur, over an open fleet-wide channel: "Don't forget to say 'engage'.  It's just not the same unless you say 'engage.'"

What do ya think I was trying, when the lights all went out. ;)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:27:59 am by AlchemistiD »

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 02:59:44 pm »
Blah blah blah, yak yak, blah yak, blah yak, blah blah blah *cries*

blah blah, yak blah *eats ice cream*

Yak yada yada blah yak yak yada blah, blarg honk blarg *gets to work*