Topic: "SFCIII Editor" utility WIP  (Read 60279 times)

Offline PigUp

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: "Specs Creator" utility WIP
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 08:38:33 am »
You can not load planets, if you try to you will simply see the ship you were editing before or a blank screen (if you just started the program up).  I have no idea what happens if you start editing at that point, is it saving changes to the planet or the ship you loaded before? Including the model name in the title bar would be helpful in that regard and for those of us who want to make a lot of variants. Also, loading a planet seems to prevent the path from saving.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 08:50:08 am »
Well, I'll be darned... the planets lack VL bitmaps and GF files... I didn't think I'd have to compensate for missing files... *goes to beat his head against a brick wall*

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 12:40:47 pm »

If the VL or TI images are missing, those placeholder pics show up... and if there is no gf file to be found, one is created... lemme polish the code and I'll have v0.9.7 up in a bit...

Note:  The reason why it wouldn't load anything is because I had things chainlinked together... if one part failed, the whole thing haulted... that is fixed now...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:56:55 pm by Greenvalv »

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 05:25:41 pm »
Sorry it took me so long, found an inconsistency in some GF files that I had to compensate for...

v0.9.7 Beta: ftp://www.dynaverse.net/sfc3/Utilities/HP%20Placer%20v0.9.7.rar

Other bugs fixed: The window can now be minimized without the HP positions going screwy
                         You can now select a _brk MOD file instead of the normal MOD file, and the program will continue to function properly

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 12:46:01 pm »
Heh, does anyone remember this old bugger: http://xhalon.tripod.com/

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 03:52:32 pm »
Heh, does anyone remember this old bugger: http://xhalon.tripod.com/

I do.  I was always hoping that the utility would have been completed, but after a couple years, pretty much gave up.

In fact, when you started this project, I remembered that beta CoreEdit utility.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 10:41:40 pm »
I'm going to wait two or three more days, if ya'll don't find anything else wrong with the beta, I'll release v1.0 of the HP Placer.

Sneak peak of the Ship Refit util:

I'll try to make it as functionally close to the in-game refit screen as possible; as you can probably see a similarity in the layout...

Note: I think I'll have a panel to the right that pops up for arc assignment... or have that on a different screen to uncrowd things.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:57:35 pm by Greenvalv »

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 10:57:05 pm »
I don't know if its to late in your process... but i was thinking that you could add something to show what color your specularity was...   a little box that varies colors as you vary the specularity numbers (not sure how it would handle power... but color would be the easier one to show).

Oh and thanks for doing this... your probably fixing the only reason i don't export models to sfc3... its a hassle to spec ships.

Though I do have one question... is it possible to import layouts so that you could modify them for another ship?
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 10:59:25 pm »
Specularity, as in glows?  This editor isn't going to touch that criteria if that's what you mean (Not enough experience on my part).

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 11:02:40 pm »
Specularity, as in glows?  This editor isn't going to touch that criteria if that's what you mean (Not enough experience on my part).

No, there is an editor for the glows (though its crappy).  Specularity as in shineyness, which is a manually set value.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 11:07:46 pm »
 :huh: There's a shineyness setting?  Where the heck have I been?  8)

What does this setting do exactly?

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 11:23:25 pm »
well its this thing from a few parts back...

[Specularity]
Power=64
Red=32
Green=32

now that i think about the other utility controls it to... so its not really neccessary for you to mess with it  :D  (you can see how long its been since i've put a ship into sfc3 lol)... btw does your utility let you import other ship layouts?

O and thanks again for doing this :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 11:24:56 pm »
Other ship layouts meaning?

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 11:43:41 pm »
Other ship layouts meaning?

Say I wanted to import the sovie info to use as a basis for another models specs (to be modified of course)... can that be done?
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2008, 12:02:11 am »
Say I wanted to import the sovie info to use as a basis for another models specs (to be modified of course)... can that be done?
Oh yeah, It will...  ;)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008, 02:35:40 am »
Greenvalv thinks of everything.  Looks like you'll need to design a special Fed ship for him TUS.   :)
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 05:24:52 pm »
Note: If anyone has any suggestions/requests, feel free to post them and I'll see if I can integrate it into the program (Make sure they're feasible ideas, no mesh editing or the like). 8)

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 07:03:34 pm »

Note: If anyone has any suggestions/requests, feel free to post them and I'll see if I can integrate it into the program (Make sure they're feasible ideas, no mesh editing or the like). 8)

Got one for ya ............ how about making the primary and heavy weapons different shades of the same color.   The heavies being a darker shade of course.  8)

Thanks.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »
Got one for ya ............ how about making the primary and heavy weapons different shades of the same color.   The heavies being a darker shade of course.  8)
For the HP Placer?  Naw, any HP can be used interchangeably between the primaries and heavies... I always found that annoying about D'deridex's HP Placer... to each their own preference I guess...

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 08:00:15 pm »
For the HP Placer?  Naw, any HP can be used interchangeably between the primaries and heavies... I always found that annoying about D'deridex's HP Placer... to each their own preference I guess...

Aren't those accessible image files? if thats right, fedman you could alter those to you fancy ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"