Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97896 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Had some fun doing this, and am pretty happy with how it turned out.  Here's some ingame shots in SFC 1 and downloads are over here:
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=4622
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,dbe41985a47f2afbb8aaae71354bf884.zip

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:24:36 pm by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: TARDIS v3 released.. :)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:12:07 pm »
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:43:33 am by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 06:14:21 pm »
.. and ready for SFC3 as well.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,89895ec7c53ab397a091a4866c74fec6.zip

Plus, something to go with it.. (here's a teaser).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:44:09 am by atheorhaven »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 06:51:09 pm »
 ;D Cool! The SFC1 Repair Roundevous skirmish. Too bad after all these years that skirmish and the Quantum Factor haven't been ported toi either SFC2 or SFC:OP.

Nice TARDIS Atheorhaven.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:47:41 pm »
A pity ships can't be made to rotate while they travel :(

Nice TARDIS.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 12:47:34 am »
Thanks guys..

Nice thing about these are 100% mine from start to finish.. I'm not the best mesher, but I am slowly starting to get better.  :)

I'm happy enough with this TARDIS that I can call it done for now and move onto other things in the series..

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 01:32:17 am »
That's one sweet-looking Type 40 Travel Capsule.  Did you have any particular era/Doctor in mind as far as the appearance of the TARDIS?  If you were looking to do a 60s style TARDIS you could add the St. John's Ambulence Society marker to the right-hand door.  Or, if you're looking to do something slightly more modern you could replace the standard white lamp with the blue rotating flasher from Horns of the Nimon
"Out swords and to work with all!"---Cyrano de Bergerac

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:58 am »
That's one sweet-looking Type 40 Travel Capsule.  Did you have any particular era/Doctor in mind as far as the appearance of the TARDIS?  If you were looking to do a 60s style TARDIS you could add the St. John's Ambulence Society marker to the right-hand door.  Or, if you're looking to do something slightly more modern you could replace the standard white lamp with the blue rotating flasher from Horns of the Nimon

I went for the Mark III version (2005+ era) as visually, I think it's more interesting looking.  :)
I'm actually still thinking of releasing the Mark II (Baker and after era) skin, as well as the Mark I skin as well.  Haven't decided if I'm going to do the movie or TV movie versions yet.. but am definitely thinking about those as well.  If I do these, I'll just release as a skin pack. 

And it's hard to tell in the shots, but the lamp is a very light blue with a white illumination map.

Glad that you like it BB, never seen you post in a ship release thread before.  ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 01:21:30 pm »
A skin pack sounds cool and the model and texture rocks! although a suggestion...get a bit of dirt on its edges....ive seen many a phone box, none of them have ever been that clean :P

Good suggestion actually.. I forgot to do that before release.  :p

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:55:56 pm »
A pity ships can't be made to rotate while they travel :(

Nice TARDIS.

If he were to substitute the TARDIS for a starbase or battlestation, I'm sure it could rotate. It doesn't appear to be one of those oversized bases that only rotates 75% of the way stops and goes back the other way...

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:03:32 am »
Btw, decided to add this to the break MOD for the classic skins of the TARDIS.. took me most of the afternoon.  ;)

Still to come, the new console for the break mod for the new series..

And for those "calorie-counting".. the new mesh, without console is around 5100 polies.. with console, it comes in around 5200.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:00:05 pm »
You should have the classic break model like how the TARDIS breaks up in the Mind Robber (2nd Doctor).

Kudos if you can put Jamie and Zoe clinging to the console as it goes spinning off into space :)

If he were to substitute the TARDIS for a starbase or battlestation, I'm sure it could rotate. It doesn't appear to be one of those oversized bases that only rotates 75% of the way stops and goes back the other way...

The one time I got my hands on a starbase to play in SP it didn't rotate on it's own. I was convinced the game just orders bases to turn continually as if they were starships.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 11:29:16 am »
You should have the classic break model like how the TARDIS breaks up in the Mind Robber (2nd Doctor).
Kudos if you can put Jamie and Zoe clinging to the console as it goes spinning off into space :)

I remember that but don't have the episode.  If I can find the sequence, then there shouldn't be a reason why I can't create a break mod to do something similar.. but adding Jamie and Zoe to the console (unless I add them in as a screencap on a low poly mesh addition) is going to add a lot of polies to the console.  :p

The one time I got my hands on a starbase to play in SP it didn't rotate on it's own. I was convinced the game just orders bases to turn continually as if they were starships.

I'd love to have the TARDIS spinning as it travels.. but that's currently a game limitation that nothing but starbases rotate..  Mind you, I'd also like to add with a spin something like the Doomsday maw effect as well to show it's really not a normal ship.  ;)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 02:10:05 pm »
The TARDIS was always just a spinny box whenever it was shown in space though (at least during the classic era). Even when confronted by anti-ship missiles (Armageddon factor)

As for the Break Model and things....well...
Youtube Provides
. :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:35 am »
At the risk of being sexist, and more in the line of appreciating beauty.. all I can say is "Ooooo... sparkly...Oooo, curvy".

She really was a fine, fine, FINE piece of art in those days.  :D

(ahem, cough)

In-laws have been in town all week.. :p  Kind of delaying me doing anything really productive.

But I have managed to squeeze in an hour tonight, which gave me enough time to get these arranged, and to get another idea together and in here.  Also gave me time to get the bottom of my Daleks complete.

Originally, I didn't have this guy.. now I do.  :)  Just a bit more work to his upper body to complete him, and now that I have the arms reversed to what they *should* be.. it's really close to being complete.

So, here's my Black Dalek, plus his attack wing..

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 04:47:39 am »
Yeah... the future was a much more interesting of a place back during the 1960s. Now you have your choice of death by nuclear Armageddon, death by uprising robots, death by post-apocalyptic gangs, death by rampant mutant viruses... and so on.

If you're on a who-spree, are you doing to cover some of the pre-revival spaceships? (there's a lot of them, after all.) Some popular favorites might include Jagaroth's ship, the movellan spaceship, the various dalek and cybermen ships, Nerva Beacon (the ark), W3 (The Wheel), among others.

If nothing else, I dare you to do a DARDIS

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 08:36:14 am »
If you're on a who-spree, are you doing to cover some of the pre-revival spaceships? (there's a lot of them, after all.) Some popular favorites might include Jagaroth's ship, the movellan spaceship, the various dalek and cybermen ships, Nerva Beacon (the ark), W3 (The Wheel), among others.

If nothing else, I dare you to do a DARDIS

Well, I'm willing to give almost anything a try.. whether or not I have the skills to do it is another matter.  ;)

I can texture, and that does forgive a multitude of sins on meshing.  :D

I was thinking of doing more, yes..  I can think of at least two more TARDIS' to go, I wanted to try the "Madame Du Pompedour" from the new series, Station 5 (The Game Station), and would love to try some stuff from the Doctor Who: TOS.  Just didn't know what was available for ships and structures for it.

Because everyone tries doing a TARDIS, I've only ever seen one other person do a Dalek (Atra I think), but I wanted to have more from the Who universe myself.  :)

Thanks for the links btw to the above pictures.. I do think that there are some I can do from these.  :)

The Jagaroth's ship will probably a bit chunky though to reduce the number of polies.  But I can see me doing about half of these without problems and the rest with a bit of effort.  :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:37:07 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 02:32:44 pm »
Atrahasis has done the mothership from the new series and the pertwee-era saucer from "death to the Daleks". He's also done Daleks from both stories to serve as space fighters.

I think most new who fans are missing out on some pretty great episodes from the TOS series... and I have to wonder if elements introduced in TNS are not quite as kind to fans of the old. The romantic interplay between the doctor and companions is just one example; the Daleks wiping out the Time Lords is another. *shrug*

And am I the only one who thinks Station 5 is sort of the Nerva Beacon / The Ark of TNS?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 02:54:56 pm »
Atrahasis has done the mothership from the new series and the pertwee-era saucer from "death to the Daleks". He's also done Daleks from both stories to serve as space fighters.

I think most new who fans are missing out on some pretty great episodes from the TOS series... and I have to wonder if elements introduced in TNS are not quite as kind to fans of the old. The romantic interplay between the doctor and companions is just one example; the Daleks wiping out the Time Lords is another. *shrug*

And am I the only one who thinks Station 5 is sort of the Nerva Beacon / The Ark of TNS?

Personally, I think we're still going to see more Timelords.. there's going to be a time when The Doctor is going to be offered a choice that's going to be relatively pain-free (a mere 40 years from his life or something) and he'll jump at the chance to bring back the Timelords.  Seeing that he had a hand in their demise, having a hand at bringing them back will help him sleep better at night I'd think.

And I think we're going to see the Rani at least once more.. we know that the Cult of Skaro survived Bad Wolf in Void Space, and the Master survived by Chemeleon Arch, and someone as ruthless as the Rani should be able to survive the Time War as well.

I doubt that we'll see someone like the Meddling Monk again though.. just maybe the Rani and maybe Romana.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 04:48:11 pm »
It would be AWESOME if they reached THAT far back into the series by bringing back the meddling monk. It would also be nice to see Drax in the series, as well as bringing Davros and his Imperial Daleks back into the picture.