Topic: Dark Empire Mod Releases here -- Romulans them Damn Romulans 2/17/08  (Read 12792 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: Dark Empire Mod Releases here -- Romulans them Damn Romulans 2/17/08
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 09:40:12 am »
I think the gorn will be finished dont quote me on that , Unknown Warrior made those but as for any more ships by me I dont think i will bother releasing any more since they suck by this communitys standards and the several hundered we just released havent had many downloads i feel it is a waist of time and effort to get them ported over for any future releases. It sucks that we cant texture good to make quality game models but thats life i guess when its all free.

Hey, I've said it a lot in the past as well.  I agree, it's the *idea* that needs to come out first.. the mesh can be refined later, the textures can also be refined.

I'm personally a better texturer than a mesher, but even though my meshing skills are lacking, I release anyway.  I expect people to either play with them, or get ideas based off them.  It's the idea that's important, and we'd all be releasing nothing at all.
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 05:47:05 pm »
This is where the saying comes from, "You do this (modeling) for yourself, 1st."

A good example of my stuff is the Gorn battle destroyer that I did. It sat there on Battle Clinic for months with very little interest. I really liked the model and was disappointed that, apparently, nobody else did. After a while though, and with the release of more of Atolms and my Gorns, people started using them all. So, it might take a while for people to start using them.

[humor] The Motto... Don't give up. Flood the market. :D [/humor]
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 12:30:03 am »
Wow that's a great job on your Gorn Rod. I had missed it before. The mesh is well defined and the texturing crisp! (Not my era or type of design though, but that is besides the point). You should go back and do all the other Gorn for TOS as teh blurry scale and simple wedge protrusions really do them a unjustice aside from the explination (it's alien).

Personally my favorite is Thu11's Gorn update (I wish he'd make more in that style). [Shameless plug for Thu11s]  :angel: