Topic: A new Star Trek movie.  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
A new Star Trek movie.
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:44:39 am »
Since Star Trek Nemesis came out a few years ago,they left off a good story line.What becomes of the Enterprise-E?What happens to B-4? They really should make a new movie concerning these points.
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: A new Star Trek movie.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:36:44 pm »
They should cover those points, however Nemesis sucked so badly that they don't want to rehash or really associate with it.

The new movie coming out starts in Post Nemesis.

The meat of the story is a Time Travel back to a pre-TOS when Kirk was first entering the Academy. They have a whole new Original cast playing the classic parts and it looks like a TOS reboot.

If you haven't seen the new movie web site.. check out the teaser trailer.. not much to do with the movie, except the construction of the Original Big E

www.startrekmovie.com
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:21:34 pm »
I never know about anything that happens anymore, so I didn't know about that until you posted it. But what about the other movies with the Enterprise-E like First Contact, where they good?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:01 pm »
The movies were hit and miss.. I liked the TMP and Next Gen movies, except Nemesis.. it all boils down to personal preference.. Nemesis went overboard on the plot line to a point that did not make sence.. It was designed by Berman and Barga to be an FX grabber when the Trek community wanted a good story and the end result was the lowest box office sales of any Star Trek.. It did not even make production costs.

the previous Star Trek movies were pretty good.. there were some moments that I did not agree with, Like the extremely poor way Berman and Barga did Kirk's death.. That should have been re-worked completely IMHO.. It is not the way the larger than life Trek Icon should have gone out. Hopefully the new movie will open up an alternate possibility, however William Shatner will not be in the new film at all, however Lernard Nemoy will be in it, the story starts off with him in post Nemesis TNG time line and goes into the past from there.. that is about as much as anyone know about the movie so far, except the cast members, which you can look up at www.startrek.com
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 03:01:12 pm »
The crew of the Enterprise-E gets stationed else as Commander Riker now takes over as The Titan Captain with his wife Deanna at his side.I heard the Tom Paris and Chacktey wanted to be a part of his crew.Data was killed in way so there can't be anything on him.I would imagine some stayed with Picard and Worf went on to be Klingon diplomat as seen in DS9.It would be hard to shoot a film like this with half the crew gone especially Riker.It was easily done in ST6 as it was only Sulu that went away form the Enterprise-A.

There would be no way they would ever bring back the any of TNG crews as Bermon and Braga were fired from either Paramount or CBS.I do believe it was CBS though.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:32 pm »
I liked the TNG movies about as much as I liked TNG, maybe a little less. Except for First Contact the feeling I got was of a crew who felt like they were just "too old for this" and longed for "the old days". Generations had Picard thinking about his family tree, Insurrection had the whole crew pining over their "lost" youth and one line from Nemesis I think even when something like: "Picard: *sigh* Remember when we used to be explorers?" Kirks crew really never struck me as the self-pity type but with the TNG lot you can almost hear Danny Glover going "I'm getting to old for this" every time a crisis happens.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 06:05:18 pm »
Well, for a possible storyline for the next movie could be that the entire crew could come back in the war to decide the fate of the Alpha Quadrant..... Like the InterStellar Concordium coming into the Alpha Quadrant to "calm" the quarlling children of the galaxy. They could have told to do this by some more powerful and transiet bieing.....The entire Alpha Quadrant could bear arms against the ISC  so that they can keep their freedom. It could also end in an Alamo-like fight above Earth.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »
A special effects filled, ala Terminator 3, two hour flick. Wouldn't that be Nemesis II.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 12:54:13 pm »
No, think Halo style, Nemmesis was about Picard's "evil" clone who tries to kill him. This possible script could be like Halo but with humans having a better chance to win, but against a bigger enemy.

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:40 pm »
I liked Nemesis personally, and don't really understand everyone's dislike of it.  Of all the Next Generations Movies, I probably found Insurrection the most boring, and Generations was a good movie, but needed about 15 minutes of Nexus cut out.  I suppose I differ from many hardcore trekkies in that way.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 01:25:30 pm »
No, think Halo style, Nemmesis was about Picard's "evil" clone who tries to kill him. This possible script could be like Halo but with humans having a better chance to win, but against a bigger enemy.

I thought the whole point of the Covenant War was that it was hopeless, despite humanity's handful of victories, and that we were inevitably screwed unless something MAJOR happened within the Covenant.  (Which it ultimately did with the Sangheili [Elites] rebelling and taking a good chunk of the Covenant's ships and equipment with them.  And we STILL nearly lost.)

Star Trek's already had a plot like that, though, back in DS9.  Voyager had them all over the place, but did it best in "Year of Hell".  And THAT (in an alternate timeline) ended with the destruction of Voyager and her crew either dead or scattered throughout the Delta Quadrant.  (Which would have made the rest of the series more interesting IMHO.)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 07:42:43 pm »
I mean that a race that has extragalatic orgins came into the galxy and started to wipe entire races from the face of the galaxy the way the Covenant nearly destroyed humanity in Halo.. They would glass every world each race lived on until the Federation and perhaps the Klingons were left to fight this superior enemy. Then the Federation could find the enemy's weakness and win back the territory that was lost to this race.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 12:25:58 pm »
I mean that a race that has extragalatic orgins came into the galxy and started to wipe entire races from the face of the galaxy the way the Covenant nearly destroyed humanity in Halo.. They would glass every world each race lived on until the Federation and perhaps the Klingons were left to fight this superior enemy. Then the Federation could find the enemy's weakness and win back the territory that was lost to this race.

The reason that works in Halo is because it was all backstory.  Nobody cared about any of those planets because it all happened offscreen before the start of the first game, the numerous glassed colonies were never even detailed really until Nylund wrote "The Fall of Reach".  The reason it wouldn't work in Star Trek is because it has a 40 year history with each of these races, people care about and identify with the individual species shown in the series and movies.  Not to mention that it would inevitably lead to the writers writing themselves into a corner.

What you're describing has already happened in Star Trek, three times.  The Terran Empire of the Mirror universe, well on it's way to becoming an analog to the Federation under Spock's rule, was annihilated by the Alliance (Klingons, Cardassians, et al).  Earth, Vulcan, Romulus, all were rendered uninhabitable, and Vulcans/Romulans were practically extinct if I remember correctly.

Otherwise, that was the entire point of the Dominion War.  In fact, the Dominion, when faced with the betrayal of the Cardassians, began bombarding their cities and attempted to wipe out their species.  Cardassia was left a burnt wasteland at the end of DS9.

The third example is SFB itself.  A major conflict in SFB is the invasion of the Andromedans.  They wipe out practically all resistance in one of the Milky Way's sattelite galaxies and use it as a staging ground to invade the Milky Way proper.  They're only even slowed when practically everyone and their dog unites to repel them, minus the ISC, who were hit first and by far the hardest.  It's been said that Taldren had intended the Fed campaign in OP (or SFC4 before it was a Dynaverse project) to be based on the Andromedan conflict.

Now, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be fun to kick some covvie ass in SFC.  But that kind of conflict has already been chronicled.  As for the origin of said invader:  The Covenant were from the Milky Way, The Flood was from outside the galaxy.  :P

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 01:10:20 pm »
I know the Flood came from outside the galaxy, I have the Limited Edition version of the game.  But what puzzles me is why you have only seen the Gorns once and the Mirak, Lyrans, and the Hydrans have never been seen in the episodes of Star Trek I've watched.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »
But what puzzles me is why you have only seen the Gorns once and the Mirak, Lyrans, and the Hydrans have never been seen in the episodes of Star Trek I've watched.

Could be because the last three are Starfleet Battles universe races and not Star Trek universe ones.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 02:24:06 pm »
The gorns have apperaed in one episode, they could have been much better if they appeared more often.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 02:40:38 pm »
The gorns have apperaed in one episode, they could have been much better if they appeared more often.

Probably. Ever read Star Trek (Reborn), Gorn are the main enemy.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 02:47:20 pm »
No, my older brother took it with him over seas when he got shipped out.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:23:57 pm »
Actually the Gorn have been in two.  They were introduced in TOS (Arena) and seen again in Enterprise (In a Mirror, Darkly).  It isn't canon, but I believe they were also at the center of a Marvel comic set during the Dominion War arc, showing where the hell the Enterprise was the whole time, or something like that.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:41 pm »
Ye olde 'Big Ass Apocalyptic War!' plotline is so friggin' stale.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight