Topic: SFC 4 Project  (Read 137510 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: SFC 4 Project
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2011, 08:57:39 pm »
OP has the advanced weapons.  Maulers, MIRVs, X-phasers, Heavy Heavies.  The Orions are more detailed.  Other things are that there is more ship spots available for OP.  I think EAW ship upper limit is 64 per class, while OP is 128 per class.  (something along those lines anyway, OP has 2x as many ship slots available).  What that means is there's more room for variants and conjectural ships in the shiplist for OP, EAW the list would need to be pared down further because there just isn't enough room for them.  There also a few other minor differences, given that OP is the later of the two and was improved further than EAW.  The two games play (mostly) the same, and use the same technology.  OP was sold as a stand alone expansion, that didn't require EAW to play, but the game is by and large the same, with just some minor differences, and of course, the extra weapons.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline psytce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:15 pm »
Cool. Send Frey a PM with your contact details and interests. I will be contacting several people in September.

A lot has changed since I started work on this in January, first and foremost, the name. We have set realistic goals and are making real progress and may need more hands soon.

If this is really going to be going forward I would like to offer any help I can. I was going to be helping the first go round so Frey may already have all my info. Please E-Mail me if you would like my help, I'm also in STO if anybody here is playing that. I would really like to see this happen.

Tommy

Offline matchbox2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:42 pm »
OP has the advanced weapons.  Maulers, MIRVs, X-phasers, Heavy Heavies.  The Orions are more detailed.  Other things are that there is more ship spots available for OP.  I think EAW ship upper limit is 64 per class, while OP is 128 per class.  (something along those lines anyway, OP has 2x as many ship slots available).  What that means is there's more room for variants and conjectural ships in the shiplist for OP, EAW the list would need to be pared down further because there just isn't enough room for them.  There also a few other minor differences, given that OP is the later of the two and was improved further than EAW.  The two games play (mostly) the same, and use the same technology.  OP was sold as a stand alone expansion, that didn't require EAW to play, but the game is by and large the same, with just some minor differences, and of course, the extra weapons.

It's also DX7 Vs. DX8. Makes scripts incompatible between the two,...unfortunately. Ships still use .mod thank god though. If you guys want a little help, Im getting better with G-Max? :P

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2011, 07:37:14 am »
Send me a tell, and a number where you can be reached.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.