Topic: Extermination  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Extermination
« on: June 08, 2008, 01:33:23 pm »
The war had begun on the day when I got the command of my ship, the USS Andromada, the newest Nova class in the fleet. She had the finest weaponry and shielding that Starfleet had to offer. But after we had completed our mandatory shake down, we had picked up a distress call from our southern most border. It took us a full five hours before we reached the colony that was under attack. The planet was called Draco III, it's surface was covered by thick jungle had vast oceans, but when the Andromada arrived, the surface glowed and angry red, the surface also reflected the light of the system's only star, Draco III was covered by glass, the planet had everything turned to glass! My dark green eyes paled when I contemplated what could have caused such devastion, there were a dozen other Fedration ships in the system with the Andromeda, including the Enterprise. The Enterprise was Captiain Picard's ship, Picard had saved the Fedration many a times, from the Borg and many other the races that had challenged the Fedration over the years. There was beep from comunications.
         "Captain Rich! Captain Picard wishes to speak with you!" the comm officer stated.
         " Put him on Engsin" I responded. The familar image of Captain Picard mataieralized on the foward viewscreen.
         "Captain Rich, what happened here?" Picard asked.
         " Sir, I've got no idea. I've never seen such devastation before." I responded.
         "Captain! We have incoming!" my sensors officers yelled, he seemed very upset.
         "What are they?" I asked Engsin Jenkins.
         " They ships match no known ship silhouettes!" Engsin Jenkins responded, worry was thick in his voice.
         " Captain Picard, unknown ships are inbound! We need any ships here ASAP!" I exclaimed.
         " All ships in the vacinatiy of the Draco system, unknown alien ships are inbound, we require all ships to form up in the system!" Picard broadcast over the the comms system. " Hopefully that'll reinforece us by more than 120%, but there could only be two or three ships out there. how many ships are inbound?"
         " Almost thirty unknown ships are inbound, most of them are large." Engsin Jenkins replied. " Sir, there are more than I thought. There are even more now! There are over fifty now!"
         " Captain Picard, we're about to be hit hard by fifty plus ships. I'm not sure if we'll survive the enemy fleet." I stated to Captain Picard. " Sir, I sugest we should fall back to the nearset starbase.
         " We'll do no such thing, we need to show these aliens what the Fedration does to anyone who attacks us." Captain Picard said, his voice was full of anger.
         " Captain Rich! Enemy ships have dropped in into the system, they look like whales almost." Engsin Jenkins said, he looked a little dumbstruck. A voice came over the intercomm, it was speacking perfect English.
         " Your destructio is the will of the Gods, and we are their instrument." the message ended.
         " Captain! Enemy ships are firing!" Engsin Jenkins cried out.
         " Show me" I stated in a calm voice. The forward viewscreen came up and showed small, red, star-like globs of fire headed toward the fleet. The first ball of fire hit the Nebula claas, USS Sherman. The ball of fie washed over the ship, the ship's shields flickered and failed. The ship was vaporized into little globules of metal. I stared dumbstruck has the enemy fleet fired a second salvo. I wondered how they made those all-powerful weapons. The Andromada fired all the weapons she had, the phasers just glanced off even the smaller ship's shields, not even the photon torpedoes did any damage. I watched as the fleet started to flle the area, then the Enterprise gave the order to fall back to Starbase 189. When we arrived at the starbase, the entire crew of the Andromada was questioned on what they saw. The Enterprise's crew managed to catch part of a transmission that identified the race of aliens that attcked Draco III and the fleet. They called themselves the Covenant. The weapons they had fired were probably made of highly condesed plasma. Over ten ships were destroyed by the Covenant fleet, we didn't even wound one of their fleet. What could we do against an enemy like that?

i hope you all like this little combo of Star Trek and Halo. I had an idea the other idea and I made an entire story about it. But I'll post in bits and pieces when I finish editing them
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
Re: Extermination
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:12:30 pm »
Better spacing between paragraphs would have made it easier to read.  Also, there's not much meat to this and no reason as yet to care about any of the people in it.  So, I say, keep going.
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."