Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35485 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2008, 02:54:56 pm »
well crap. I have yet to touch these guys for my fleet :-(
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2008, 05:46:06 pm »

You'd probably be better off just making new versions of them from the ground up.  Half the mesh components aren't really worth the effort, unless you want to see what you can do with what's there.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2008, 08:35:31 pm »

If I were you I would ignore them, as they more or less fit a altnerate universe rather then the more traditional one. X-Class ships really did not have a place in Trek for the Federation as they would be expirimental warships which they pretty much would not do.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2008, 08:57:59 pm »
well, come on, how much do I adhere to traditional trek.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2008, 12:02:45 am »

Just was trying to help you out abit there. So what I sjhould have said was:
"These are just the thing they fit too well to be Ignored, but since that would be traditional Trek you will have to skp them"

Either way if you do decide to do them I would replace the lower hull on the CA/DN one with a better one. Nice clean textures can't be done on the current one without allot of remapping.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2008, 01:52:19 am »

Just was trying to help you out abit there. So what I sjhould have said was:
"These are just the thing they fit too well to be Ignored, but since that would be traditional Trek you will have to skp them"

Either way if you do decide to do them I would replace the lower hull on the CA/DN one with a better one. Nice clean textures can't be done on the current one without allot of remapping.

I've got one, but it's not exactly the best.  I made it myself.  It needs mapping anyway.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:02 am »
Well keep working at it and I am sure you will get it worked out Centurus. I do have one sugustion to you though when mapping your new hull make a grid pattern and use that for mapping. You will see all the alignment and streching issues very clearly with it.

Anyways lost interest in these guys again. The DD is done, the CA, and the DN are all set except for registries. At this point in time though I have no plans on finishing, and ask Cent if he wants them. After working on that lower hull I could not stand looking at them anymore, to me that section pretty much ruins a ship. It has far to many streching and alignment issues to deal with and I did not want to spend the time on remapping this ship. It was a fun thing to do until I got to that part of the hull.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2008, 10:13:01 am »
I ain't gonna map even the stuff I've made from scratch.  Gonna wait to see if someone comes along that's willing to help walk me through it cause I'll be damned if I gotta figure it out all on my own.  Hell, I still haven't finished the ship, and I'm already looking at a ship that's around 10-11k polys, and that's if I'm lucky.  I'm gonna remake the the torpedo launchers into something that isn't as defined, to cut down on the polys.  May do the same with the deflector.

However, as I said, if anyone wants that secondary hull right now, I can try and fix some of the things I can fix right now, and then send the hull on over and collaborate further, but the hull won't be mapped.

And GAFY, you're right, I don't even wanna touch those old models.  Got way too many headaches.   :P

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2008, 06:59:06 pm »
Ok, so here it is...
Centurus doesn't have the time to finish these ships either, and I am not going to. So I leave it it up to someone here who wants to finish them off, or they go to the folder of pretty much no return. Not allot left to do on them mostly two need registires, and one needs the SFC1 adjusted. All will need coverting to SFC3 if you want to use them in that game, as those files are not in the zips.

So the list of what needs to be done:
Coversion to SFC 3 if you want to, don't care if you do or don't as I play SFC 2 and they work there.
XCA and XDN need registries added to them
XDD needs the SFC 1 model resized, again don't care if you do this one or not I still play SFC 2

Blanks can be provided for them, well actually the blanks are there they need registries after all.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2008, 11:02:36 pm »
Ok, so here it is...
Centurus doesn't have the time to finish these ships either, and I am not going to. So I leave it it up to someone here who wants to finish them off, or they go to the folder of pretty much no return. Not allot left to do on them mostly two need registires, and one needs the SFC1 adjusted. All will need coverting to SFC3 if you want to use them in that game, as those files are not in the zips.

Coversion to SFC 3 if you want to, don't care if you do or don't as I play SFC 2 and they work there.
XDD needs the SFC 1 model resized, again don't care if you do this one or not I still play SFC 2

Blanks can be provided for them, well actually the blanks are there they need registries after all.

No takers I guess
off to the grave yard they go

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2008, 07:06:59 pm »
C'mon GAFY? At least post them somewhere for us to at least try them out. Maybe someody will be able to help out afterall.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2008, 06:00:01 pm »
Well, I'm back.  For now, at least.
My dastardly plan to turn my XP operating system into a Vista clone has hit what you might call a little snag; my laptop bit the bullet.  And untill I can suck whatever may be left outta its bricked hard-drive, I'm gonna need your help to at least start to rebuild my model collection.  Most of it's from BattleClinic, though, so I won't need any help there.  I just though I'd stop by and say "Hi! My computer's dead!"  So, I did!
In the meantime, however, my education is coming along.  I don't know if I've mentioned it but I've been taking courses at ITT-Technical Institute for 3-D modelling since September, and coming up in December I'll be starting real Media Arts classes.  So I'm pretty excited!  I plan to start with YouTube submissions (I've made a few suggestions, gotten warm responses, and now I'm getting the cold shoulder) before I work my way on up to more sophisticated (and expensive) endeavors.  (I hate, HATE sounding selfish, but;)  Wish me luck!

>>>>Reyvin Nokaya Vinnex
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2008, 09:48:26 pm »
Well, I'm back.  For now, at least.
My dastardly plan to turn my XP operating system into a Vista clone has hit what you might call a little snag; my laptop bit the bullet.  And untill I can suck whatever may be left outta its bricked hard-drive, I'm gonna need your help to at least start to rebuild my model collection.  Most of it's from BattleClinic, though, so I won't need any help there.  I just though I'd stop by and say "Hi! My computer's dead!"  So, I did!
In the meantime, however, my education is coming along.  I don't know if I've mentioned it but I've been taking courses at ITT-Technical Institute for 3-D modelling since September, and coming up in December I'll be starting real Media Arts classes.  So I'm pretty excited!  I plan to start with YouTube submissions (I've made a few suggestions, gotten warm responses, and now I'm getting the cold shoulder) before I work my way on up to more sophisticated (and expensive) endeavors.  (I hate, HATE sounding selfish, but;)  Wish me luck!

>>>>Reyvin Nokaya Vinnex

Sorry to Hear about your lap top, which is why I always suggest that ppl make backups. I don't and know from experience that you should, unless you don't ming lossing everything everytime.

Good luck in school, hope you can succeed in a career of your choosing

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »
Sorry to Hear about your lap top, which is why I always suggest that ppl make backups. I don't and know from experience that you should, unless you don't ming lossing everything everytime.

A little late for that!

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2009, 03:29:35 pm »
Ok, so here it is...

Are these textures you're talking about or whole models?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:05 pm »
Mostly it is just Textures Two needed Registries and then all the SFC 2 ones would be done.

The SFC 1 DD would need resizing to match what it is in SFC 2, but is not really needed as few play SFC 1 anymore.
These ships are from SFC 2 and no SFC 3 versions have been made to my knowledge.

Centurus just took them from me a few days ago to put them in a mod he is working on, so they will be finished for SFC 3 after all. No telling when the mod will happen but that is another story.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:23 pm »
I know it's been a loooooooooong time since this topic was active (mainly because the web page told me so) but I must know if those ships shown above have hit the web yet or if they're still WIPs.

And oh, yeah, I Aced my MAX class last quarter, despite leaving the final project, an airport 'till the very last day possible.  I even got the highest grade on the final exam, well known to be the most stupidly phrased in the whole of ITT-Tech (87%!  I wasn't told I did the best per say, but the instructor said was the highest grade and that's what I got).  So despite being a remorseful yet dedicated slacker, I'm really good!

I think, though, my real strength is in Photoshop!

P.S.  I turned 20!!!!!       :D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 08:08:21 pm »
1.)  I have the ships, and I'll be finishing work on the minor parts, i.e. smoothing errors and verts needing welding.

2.)  Now that you've mastered your MAX classes, you can teach me what I need to know.

3.)  Happy Birthday!!!!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
RENDERS!!!! RENDERS!!!!
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:10 am »
Like I said, I would work on these ships after finals, and I've done the registries for the FXCA.  I'm gonna just give her some SFC3 specs, and then release her.  The same with the other ships, however I'm waiting for GAFY to get back to me on the new pylons I made for the XDD.  They're already mapped, just needing textures.

Anyway, U.S.S. Majestic...

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2009, 05:23:43 am »
that looks nice. The new impulse vents and the spade shapped greebles on the nacelles are a nice detail.