Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35470 times)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:47 am »
GAFY did great work on these textures.  Who would have known these old models of P81's could look this good.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2009, 02:48:26 am »
Here's the F-XDN.  Textures by GAFY, registries and renders by me.  :-D  Again, I'm gonna make an SFC3 version of these ships and release.

The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2009, 09:12:07 am »
you may want to consider doing something about those 4-nipple phaserbanks. It's the only part of the ship that still looks ugly. The awsome textures make them stand out even worse. Sinec these clearly look too modern for traditional TMP, adding phaserbanks of equil size wouldn't be a bad idea. I had this done for the BC releases for gafy's original set on these 3 ships, it looked good and I had them added to several other compatable x-era as well.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2009, 04:13:33 pm »
SF... These are X-Era you dope. Also i think the quad phasers should remain.

Ok. But they had phasers for the ent-C so I was just sayin the lost era's could have them too. esp since these textures make them look alot more advanced.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »
The X-Era is several decades before the Ent-C, long before phaser arrays were developed. X-Ships are late-TMP, not lost-era.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2009, 08:09:56 pm »
Maybe there ought to be a community project in which a sort of wiki-timeline is created with actual trek events, sfc events, era divisions and the occasional "my ship is here" thrown in to keep track of all this crap.

Anyways, regardless of what is done with the phasers, they seem to be far behind the rest of the ship in quality of appearence, something should be done about that.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
I'm not doing any mesh upgrades.  I've got enough problems of my own trying to learn to mesh a whole ship from the ground up.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »
Maybe there ought to be a community project in which a sort of wiki-timeline is created with actual trek events, sfc events, era divisions and the occasional "my ship is here" thrown in to keep track of all this crap.

Anyways, regardless of what is done with the phasers, they seem to be far behind the rest of the ship in quality of appearence, something should be done about that.

All my retexture work has been of a I don't give a *&^% about where it fits in Trek, it has always been a SEP (Someone Elses Problem) to me. I do things, even when I like the orginals, because I like it to look different or think hey this would look cool this way. In this case it was I don't feel like learning to remap them in GMax and I can do better than that with new textures rather then complete the older set for ReyvinVinnex. Since this was more or less a public WIP that I decided not to finish, like allot of things I do just less public, I left it up to anyone who wanted to finish them to have them. As always if you don't like something you are free to change it, I do that all the time just don't release much of it. the phasers are a mess of mapping on a corner of a texture, see the GMax comment earlier. So if you want to replace the phasers go for it, that is what bashing models and retexturing them is all about making them fit what you want.

Hi ReyvinVinnex, glad school went well for you!
Cent will release the models sooner or later (and finished) =)

People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2009, 06:39:01 am »
Looking forward to the  OP Versions of these  Thank alot for the great work  ;D

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2009, 02:04:00 pm »
::Rubs hands in glee::  Can't wait to see those models!  Mind you, I've been mooching around in MAX 10 - Just viewing and rendering models (and classwork, mind you) but I haven't done anything myself.  (None oif the really good plug-ins work on the version!  It sucks!)  I might try a re-vamp of a 1974 Doctor Who Title sequence in MAX; it won't be too dificult; just vector-tracing (via Illustrator)  and extrusion.  The real difficulty will be to create a suitable animated texture map.  But if push comes to shove I can always just MOVE STUFF.  This is an example of what I'm trying to do on YouTube;
  (BTW; this was done by my suggestion).  As you can see, vector-tracing ol' Tom's curly head'll be a nightmare!  But I'm optimistic. 

Feel free to laugh, Brittish Sci-Fi is still wierd, let alone in 1974.  It was another world . . .
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2009, 01:54:38 am »
I liked the old Doctor Who show, Peter Baker was one of my favorite Doctors!
He had that Crazy mad Genius look to him
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2009, 02:14:44 am »
Well Cent next time we meet up on-line I will send the PSP and PSD conversions to you. They are 32 and 37 megs apiece so I can not mail them to you. As usually the PSD converted files will not convert everything correctly (vectors and filters) as the way they do them in PS compared to PSP is to different and I am to lazy to correct everything for the conversion.

So the orginal formate was PSP, use the PS ones at your own risk as they might be different because of the layering processes.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2009, 02:58:09 am »
I was trying to upload to SFC3Files, but their services were a little wonky for a few days.  I'm gonna try again tonight.

I don't want to upload to Battleclinic, because it's too much of a pain for me.  Never had anything but problems.  And the upgrades to battleclinic, just makes me even more uneasy about hosting anything on Battleclinic.

If I can upload the ships, I'll post the links here for download.

Offline Centurus

• Captain

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2009, 12:27:47 pm »
I'm getting a page not found error on the XCA and XDN.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2009, 12:42:55 pm »
I'm getting a page not found error on the XCA and XDN.

I just checked and all three worked for me, might be you got there to quick for Filefront, they might not have finished the processing at the time you tried

Nope are right the DD was the only file that downloaded the other two where empty zips I could not open and on the second try the DN and the CA both could not be downloaded.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2009, 01:01:17 pm »
I think FileFront is still having problems with their services.  Give it a day or two.  In the meantime, I'll try and find out who I'm supposed to send these complaints to.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2009, 06:40:38 am »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2009, 09:54:34 am »
 ;D Thank you!

On another note, if we can get a matching pod texture for these ships the pod texture can be used on some of Mackie's old XCA/XDD kitbashes.
This new pod texture would then make immediately available:

1.The 4 nacelled SFB style FBB w/pod
2. a one nacelled DD/FF w/pod (needs matching mega phasers on the sides of the pod strut)
3. a tri-nacelled HDW w/pod
4. XCA w/pod
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2009, 01:23:15 pm »
Thats easy enough to do as it was done with the rest of the textures

If you are using my version of the BB though you will notice that the front edge on the saucer by the photon launchers doesn't work with this texture set. It will need to be fixed as I mapped those areas differently than the orginals, the poded CA has the same error it is easy to fix eother copy the gray pattern to that area, remap it, move the pod to the existing models

Attached the pod texture in a zip