Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35483 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »
If you are using my version of the BB though you will notice that the front edge on the saucer by the photon launchers doesn't work with this texture set. It will need to be fixed as I mapped those areas differently than the orginals, the poded CA has the same error it is easy to fix eother copy the gray pattern to that area, remap it, move the pod to the existing models

Bummer. I missed that.

Also the XDD kitbashes have the pod texture in the lower corner and 75% of it is stock gray textures. (see attached pod texture)
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2009, 01:46:39 pm »
Looks like Cent had to give up on FileFont and go to 4shared to get the files up
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »
The files are still on SFC3Files, but I uploaded the ships also to 4shared so that people could enjoy the texture goodness of the ships.

Also, GAFY gave me the insane idea of making higher poly versions of the X-ships.  I can do it actually, but not 100% identical. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2009, 05:59:48 pm »
It is not Insane, I tell you

Well at least not for us, it gets you off the streets and in a known location. Quite sane for the rest of us I should think, now let me get back to getting those keep out signs put up.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2009, 03:02:06 pm »
Bummer. I missed that.
Also the XDD kitbashes have the pod texture in the lower corner and 75% of it is stock gray textures. (see attached pod texture)

Try this one, modified your sample to colour match...
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2009, 05:30:49 pm »
Thanks atheorhaven,

Saved the me the trouble of having to color correct them

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:47 pm »
Not a problem GAFY... as long as they match up how KF wants them.  ;)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »
Not a problem GAFY... as long as they match up how KF wants them.  ;)

Well done Atheorhaven. Thanks for the assist on this.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2009, 11:09:46 pm »
Well done Atheorhaven. Thanks for the assist on this.
KF

As always, just show a screenie of the result.. just want to see how well it blends in.  :)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
so if you go and make higher poly versions of the x classes, and they wont be identicle, what details will you be changing?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »
so if you go and make higher poly versions of the x classes, and they wont be identicle, what details will you be changing?

The reason I say they won't be identical is that I don't think any 2 people can make the exact same model to be 100% identical in every detail.

However, I've already started work on the recreations, starting with the XCA.  The secondary hull I'm playing around with different things to see what looks right.  I might rebuild it yet again.  Some things I'm not too happy with.  The neck is gonna be completely changed.  I've got a few ideas in my head, but I won't know how they'll look until I build them.  I may or may not make new warp engines, or just use some already existing ones.

When it comes to the XDD, the pylons and impulse engines are gonna be considerably different, yet not really flashy.  Simple, functional. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2009, 04:22:31 pm »
http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php/topic,6065.0.html

Nitpicks: The inner bridge ring, dome and all shuttlebays need their lighting ajusted, they seem a bit hot.
Also, the saucer windows seem to light the walls where the banks of windows are rather than just the windows, I assume that has got to be an error.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:20 pm »
Was probably just a mistake I never got around to finishing off.

Remember I pretty stopped working on these and never really finished them up, the only thing I veiwed them in would have been the mod viewer with a blue back ground also porting between games aways does that anyways. What looks right in one game will never look the same in another. Either way what you are showing are light map errors and pretty simple to correct

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2009, 06:45:34 pm »
I just get three posts and no pics.. I assume that you need to have a login there to see anything..

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2009, 07:27:18 pm »
I just get three posts and no pics.. I assume that you need to have a login there to see anything..

yea BCC requies login..but I thought atleast you, cent and gafy were all members anyhow.. not sure if the zip is small enough to upload here..

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2009, 08:50:52 pm »
He was talking about the windows on the saucers rim a easy fix and the hangers also a easy fix. The intesity around the bridge area is also easy to fix.

The area around the windows would just need a remove tool or a black paint brush to fix. The hanger and Bridge deflector could easily be made black or reduce them by 50% on brightness on a adjustment layer.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2009, 10:04:23 pm »
yea I wont even need to re-convert it. Just apply the new lightmaps. This is the same reason I did the foas screenshots, sometimes lightmaps set for sfc2 or sfc3 look F***ed up in BC.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2009, 10:28:22 pm »
yea I wont even need to re-convert it. Just apply the new lightmaps. This is the same reason I did the foas screenshots, sometimes lightmaps set for sfc2 or sfc3 look F***ed up in BC.

Here try this set it might help

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2009, 05:46:06 am »
Oh, SFC3files.com is fully functional again.  Well, as far as I know.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2009, 06:14:55 pm »
By the way the Fixed Light maps work for SFC as well.

Did this fix your issues with the lighting SF?