Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35471 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2009, 06:17:12 pm »
I've not had time to do anything. I'm waiting for nebula to get back to me since he amde the original pix, so it makes sense to test them on the same rig. Mine looks totally different and no where near as good.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2009, 01:33:55 pm »
yea BCC requies login..but I thought atleast you, cent and gafy were all members anyhow.. not sure if the zip is small enough to upload here..

Nope, I'm not a member over at BCC... I'm not usually over at the Bridge Commander forums.  Don't have the game, and have pretty well stayed away from the BC community after a lot earlier debacle.  Lost my taste for it..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2009, 05:37:06 pm »
yea BCC requies login..but I thought atleast you, cent and gafy were all members anyhow.. not sure if the zip is small enough to upload here..

Nope, I'm not a member over at BCC... I'm not usually over at the Bridge Commander forums.  Don't have the game, and have pretty well stayed away from the BC community after a lot earlier debacle.  Lost my taste for it..

Don't own BC either never got into it and traded my copy for a different game. Was not around the BC forums when they had the great war I guess, and I think I am on my third login at BCC the old ones keep getting deleted it seems. Usually only go there when some one points my attention to something going on there they think might interest me. I got the login only becauswe without it you can not see the pics, which makes going there pointless if you can't.

Anyways have not seen any work from you for awhile now atheorhaven, have anything in the works?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2009, 06:57:45 pm »
Don't own BC either never got into it and traded my copy for a different game. Was not around the BC forums when they had the great war I guess, and I think I am on my third login at BCC the old ones keep getting deleted it seems. Usually only go there when some one points my attention to something going on there they think might interest me. I got the login only becauswe without it you can not see the pics, which makes going there pointless if you can't.

That's kind of what I thought as well..  I'd have to have a really REALLY compelling reason to swing by over that way, and I can't say that I do at this point.  If anyone needs a hand on those lightmaps, let me know.. if I can get the originals (even TGAs) it'd only take me about 10 minutes or so to fix them up..

Anyways have not seen any work from you for awhile now atheorhaven, have anything in the works?

I have a good amount in the works, the problem has been time at the computer.  I'll see if I can't get something released soon.. without trying to take over this thread, the new TARDIS has been ready for months, and there's a bit more in addition to it pretty well ready to go.

And Azel/Atolm and I are collaborating on a TOS idea too.. he suggested it as it's been a long time since we did anything together (the Alseides was the last thing I think).  I think you guys'll be interested in the concept.  :)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39:47 pm »

That's kind of what I thought as well..  I'd have to have a really REALLY compelling reason to swing by over that way, and I can't say that I do at this point.  If anyone needs a hand on those lightmaps, let me know.. if I can get the originals (even TGAs) it'd only take me about 10 minutes or so to fix them up..

I have a good amount in the works, the problem has been time at the computer.  I'll see if I can't get something released soon.. without trying to take over this thread, the new TARDIS has been ready for months, and there's a bit more in addition to it pretty well ready to go.

And Azel/Atolm and I are collaborating on a TOS idea too.. he suggested it as it's been a long time since we did anything together (the Alseides was the last thing I think).  I think you guys'll be interested in the concept.  :)

I fixed a set for Him, you can find them a few posts above this one and under the pics I posted of the problem. Took long for them to upload than fix, the oginals are still in layered format.

As for the thread take it over start a new one it is all the same to me, as long as you get active again its good for this community.

Thats cool TOS ships are good ships, working on one with FoaS which is a bridge between TOS and TMP. Hopefully the textures will complete themselves, but if not I will continue to help them along. The real problem will be if FoaS will add the parts I want added at this point as I like a certain look but it needs to be hard modelled in as the texture will not do it the area is just to large.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2009, 11:37:37 am »
I fixed a set for Him, you can find them a few posts above this one and under the pics I posted of the problem. Took long for them to upload than fix, the oginals are still in layered format.

Okay cool... I did up a method a long time back that would work to fix these.. had to figure it out when I was working on G@W with nanner.  :)

As for the thread take it over start a new one it is all the same to me, as long as you get active again its good for this community.

Thanks GAFY... it's kind of you to say that.  Didn't think that I did a whole lot that was used for the community (other than G@W, I did some work that was used elsewhere, but a lot of the stuff that I enjoy doing didn't seem to really get used.  :)

Thats cool TOS ships are good ships, working on one with FoaS which is a bridge between TOS and TMP. Hopefully the textures will complete themselves, but if not I will continue to help them along. The real problem will be if FoaS will add the parts I want added at this point as I like a certain look but it needs to be hard modelled in as the texture will not do it the area is just to large.

Well, I'll give you a hint as to what Chris and I are working on.. think Union Pacific.  >=)

And FoaS is usually open to suggestions, it may be more if he can find/make the correct parts to do what you need.  :)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:50 pm »
FoaS is easy to work with but he is on the busy side so, it takes a bit to get items back. I work in spurts as it is so if the ideas are rolling in I work, when they dry up (when it seems I actually get the time) I am stuck.

A space Train that should be interesting

Don't feel bad about your work not seeming to be appricated, it is by quite a few of us. I get allot of lack of responses too, mostly it is the negitive ppl that use to post or the 5 words or less reply. If it wasn't for Mackies KitBashes and the work you and MP did converting so many of them, I don't think anyone would have heard of me.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2009, 05:37:58 am »
Hey, I love your work GAFY.  Why else would I want to work with you so much?  Also, I always tell people the work you've done.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »
I know you do Cent.

Its just that I agree with atheorhaven, out side a small group of ppl it seems we are not known. In side that small group we are well recieved though.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2009, 04:40:44 pm »
True.  You got me there. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2009, 01:28:23 pm »
I know you do Cent.
Its just that I agree with atheorhaven, out side a small group of ppl it seems we are not known. In side that small group we are well recieved though.

There's a term for that.. but it's not very polite.  >=)

It involves a circle..

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2009, 07:06:52 am »
*runs around in a circle on the floor making Curly noises*

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2009, 05:39:26 pm »

Well at least one of us is getting entertained

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2009, 09:50:27 am »

Well at least one of us is getting entertained

Hardly.  They closed down the club near my house several months ago.