Topic: Texture Request  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
Texture Request
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:12:57 pm »
Hey everyone.  I created a new Sovereign Class for a story I'm piecing together and I was wondering if someone can create some textures for the vessel using the CG Sovereign.  I attempted to make some myself but I don't have the tools to make it look professionally done.   All I really need is the name and registry changed to read USS Victory NCC-79754.  Oh and if possible maybe take some beauty shots to show off the new registry.  If you wanted to you could always feel free to upload to the battleclinic some everyone can enjoy it too.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can help  :)
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: Texture Request
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:17 pm »
Hey everyone.  I created a new Sovereign Class for a story I'm piecing together and I was wondering if someone can create some textures for the vessel using the CG Sovereign.  I attempted to make some myself but I don't have the tools to make it look professionally done.   All I really need is the name and registry changed to read USS Victory NCC-79754.  Oh and if possible maybe take some beauty shots to show off the new registry.  If you wanted to you could always feel free to upload to the battleclinic some everyone can enjoy it too.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can help  :)

A while ago Meteorafallen sent me a PSD master for the CG Sovereign registries, so that I could make my own if ever I wanted.  You said you had made texture modifications to the CG Sovereign, or are you just gonna go with the standard textures for the model?

I can make your registries easily, and also maybe do some renders in Max if you want.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 01:19:42 am »

A while ago Meteorafallen sent me a PSD master for the CG Sovereign registries, so that I could make my own if ever I wanted.  You said you had made texture modifications to the CG Sovereign, or are you just gonna go with the standard textures for the model?

I can make your registries easily, and also maybe do some renders in Max if you want.

Umm, mebbe u can send that PSD my way too. Love to add it to my archive of texture sets. You know, just in case...

Semper Fi, Carry On
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:30:44 am »

Ah, I didn't mean I made any modifications in the way it looks, I just attempted to make my own registry and it didn't come out right lol.  But yeah, it'd be great if you could take some beautiful shots of her.  I added a few crappy shots I've always liked.  I don't know if you can recreate them using the Victory.  There is also one view of the Sovereign I have always liked but I can never find or recreate myself.  It's basically a forward shot of the ship, slightly turned to the right, fairly even with the screen so that you can see the profile of the nacelles, (how they're slightly raised and moved forward on the Nemesis variant).  I don't know if that's a good enough description to make an image out of lol.  But I'm confident in your skillz lol.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:37 am »
are those PSD files available for download anywhere?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:29:55 pm »
are those PSD files available for download anywhere?

No but you can e-mail Cent for them
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »
PSDs sent.  They are the 2048x2048 sets.

I've also done the registries for the Victory, and I'm gonna fix the spec maps as well, and then I'll be making some renders.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 06:23:54 pm »
Here's a render.

Darkseid, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the registry map.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 05:34:23 pm »
Here some more, but in PNG format, so when you import them into Photoshop, they'll appear against a transparent background, perfect for copying the ship image onto another background.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:40:42 pm »
And the first one redone with a transparent background.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:28 am »
Wow, those are great!  The Sovereign is oh so sexy  :).  I just made this for anyone wants it... like I said, oh so sexy  ;D

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:09:02 am by Darkseid »

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:19:35 pm »
Niice job F9! I couldn't right click and hit save as fast enough.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 06:21:56 pm »
Thanks.  I just wish I could do more when it comes to this stuff.  Oh well.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 11:40:52 pm »
Thanks.  I just wish I could do more when it comes to this stuff.  Oh well.

Hey, I wish I could do what you do  8).  I made these for anyone who wants them...

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 02:18:59 am »
The last 3 came out just great.  I would think they're perfect.  Now the second one, had I had that background prior to rendering, I could have adjusted the light on the ship accordingly so when the two images were merged, it would have been absolutely perfect.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 05:32:24 am »
The last 3 came out just great.  I would think they're perfect.  Now the second one, had I had that background prior to rendering, I could have adjusted the light on the ship accordingly so when the two images were merged, it would have been absolutely perfect.

I've got the pic without the ship in it.  The third pic actually reminds me of Enterprise's opening credits when she jumps to warp.  The fifth pic though is probably my favorite.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 08:59:23 pm »

Hey, I wish I could do what you do  8).  I made these for anyone who wants them...

Please send themmy way... anthsco@gmail.com

Thanks!

Semper Fi, Carry On
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Potemkyn

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:18 pm »
Hmmm...  What's the file type?

Mike