Topic: Re: Metaphysically speaking, can someone achieve pure suckiness??  (Read 9170 times)

KOTH-Steel Claw

Re: Metaphysically speaking, can someone achieve pure suckiness??
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 11:57:08 am »

Quote:

Try forgetting to press red alert until 2 minutes into the mission and wonder why nothing fires. Then press red alert and watch ur speed die off as the plazma/fighters/PF's close for the kill. Then bang fist on keyboard lamenting how stupid u just were. THEN...
Have a five year old walk up to you and say " Daddy its only a game, its pretend, dont get mad ".

Then You truely understand the depths of pathetic SUCKINESS that you have acheived.

Best remedy,
Go for a smoke and a beer, tell your kid that they are right

\

Toten, only those who suck as much as we do can appreciate doing that (and I have done so more than once). The last time was very unpleasant as I was on my way in to do a death drag. Got real nice and close before I voiced the proverbial WTF. Consdider it a rite of passage to post on this thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by KOTH-Steel Claw »

Maxillius

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2003, 11:59:36 am »
Do I need to repost the time I slammed a planet at full speed while arranging my cords?

Bob Graham

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2003, 12:07:04 pm »
Wow, you all make me feel so mediocre as opposed to true suckyness.  Thank you, this thread is a great morale booster!  The worst I have pulled is the great type without hitting enter first.  And before I learned the hotkeys, it always had to be O that I hit, so I couldnt figure out how to switch the displays back.

KRolling

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2003, 12:45:23 pm »
Quote:

Do I need to repost the time I slammed a planet at full speed while arranging my cords?  

Hehe!!! Planet?? What planet?? And why am I watching the battle? Where's my ship??!!!!!

J'inn

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2003, 02:25:04 pm »
I see DH123 (whose name on the server I won't say since Croup yelled at me for saying it in game last night) has failed to return to the scene of the crime.

Still in shock I assume.  

I felt like Khan in the movie when he was loooking for the override button. I was so flustered that I was flipping through interfaces trying to find the EM shut off switch.  Normally I know darn well where it is, but well . . . it's hard to think when you are feeling like a complete idiot.

Dizzy

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2003, 02:42:17 pm »
Hehe...

I had a match with this GZ bitch, forgot his name, and while chasing his CCZ down with my L-BCP, I finally get him under 4.0 range. I select my ESG and hit fire... but nothing happens. I hit it again. Nothing. Taking damage now I begin to panic wondering why my ESG wont fire. Stumbling over all the controls, panels, etc... I realize my EM is on... from a mis type... didnt hit enter, lol, and so quickly fixing this, I finally hit fire and they work only to find that I have now steered off course and he has gone out of range. %^$#%$#^%.

Your openong post cracked me up, Jinn. hehe. Same thing happened to me in battle with Marcus. He only really beat me once, ya know

Black

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2003, 02:47:42 pm »
LOL!!!

Ah yes! The stupid chat key!
When it happens, your heart sinks with recognition, dismay and panic!
Worse than being surrounded by Space Monsters in an asteroid field!
Makes you look very lame very quickly!

Good thread! Makes me feel much better about it!    

Damaged

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2003, 03:32:40 pm »
ROFL! great post J'inn

Even having Mog for your wingman didn't help you last time we played on GSA... so yes, you have attained a very high degree of suckiness. You should start a "Wall of Shame" for anyone you beat! :P But technically speaking, the answer to your question is no. "Pure" suckiness or "pure" anything else is a metaphysical impossibility; look at the yin-yang sign for a clear illustration of this axiom. There are no innocents! Remember that when next your hull breaches...

Maxillius

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2003, 06:31:20 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Hehe!!! Planet?? What planet?? And why am I watching the battle? Where's my ship??!!!!!  

The sad part is it was a SCAN mission... with no opponent!!!!  there was just CHC speed 31 and black screen, then I'm in my NEC+ with my CAV+ making a steep turn in the other direction.  The only time I've ever alt-F4'd from a mission.

TOCXOBearslayer

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2003, 07:25:17 pm »
Heh-heh... I remember trying to fire and not being able to once....  seems I never 'sent' the chat message and I was adding a ton of 'Z's to the message....

And I have also had the EM thing on... got my hot keys set up so the EM key is right next to the Z key.....

Goose

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2003, 07:37:30 pm »
Quote:

LOL!!!

Ah yes! The stupid chat key!
When it happens, your heart sinks with recognition, dismay and panic!
Worse than being surrounded by Space Monsters in an asteroid field!
Makes you look very lame very quickly!

Good thread! Makes me feel much better about it!    

Who was it a little while ago that was in an asteroid field fighting Monsters? He rounded an asteroid to clear one monster, only to discover the "asteroid" was another monster! The new evil Dave Plasma Burper I believe.

Ouch!

Green

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2003, 08:55:03 pm »
"Hello"

"GG"

I've learned (the J'inn way)  that those are the only words that need to be passed in text chat.  Everything else is done on RW.  Sometimes not responding, to even well intended banter, isn't necessarily a matter of disinterest ... but rather a desire to not screw-up ... again.

Losiack

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2003, 08:30:36 am »
I deny that I occasionnally press the X 'cloak' instead of the Z 'fire'. When I try to correct it, I get the "you can't fire while cloaked" message.

Now, if we could only get that thought interface going instead of using the keyboard, I would love to try sublimal (Go to green alert) chat. But I believe (emergency decel) that no one (forget your weasel) would fall for that trick against my Rom vessel (T-Bomb work vs plasma).

SPQR (no such fleet) Losiack (no one with that name)
Correspondant (denied) for the Internal Romulan (mythical empire) Information Service
The IRIS (We don't exist) sees all

Maxillius

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2003, 10:02:59 am »
Quote:

I deny that I occasionnally press the X 'cloak' instead of the Z 'fire'. When I try to correct it, I get the "you can't fire while cloaked" message.

Now, if we could only get that thought interface going instead of using the keyboard, I would love to try sublimal (Go to green alert) chat. But I believe (emergency decel) that no one (forget your weasel) would fall for that trick against my Rom vessel (T-Bomb work vs plasma).

SPQR (no such fleet) Losiack (no one with that name)
Correspondant (denied) for the Internal Romulan (mythical empire) Information Service
The IRIS (We don't exist) sees all  

Or just out-and-out lie to n00bs...

"Don't worry about Hydrans, their fusions are just like the ISC PPD.  They don't work inside range 4 so go ahead and close."

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2003, 11:15:21 am »

Quote:

"Don't worry about Hydrans, their fusions are just like the ISC PPD. They don't work inside range 4 so go ahead and close."  

Max,

I fully understand where you are coming from. Take the Kzin for instance. The latest version of EAW has reduced the damage of Scatter Packs. They are no longer a threat to even a police frigate. So when you see that Kzin ship closing on you and you notice the shuttle launch. don't worry about it, nothing much will happen. In fact, there is no need to even run a repel or increase your speed. Go ahead, cruise at speed 15, you will be safe.

I also highly recommend chasing them from dead astern.

Goose

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2003, 11:43:10 am »
Quote:

Max,

I fully understand where you are coming from. Take the Kzin for instance. The latest version of EAW has reduced the damage of Scatter Packs. They are no longer a threat to even a police frigate. So when you see that Kzin ship closing on you and you notice the shuttle launch. don't worry about it, nothing much will happen. In fact, there is no need to even run a repel or increase your speed. Go ahead, cruise at speed 15, you will be safe.

I also highly recommend chasing them from dead astern.

I keep trying to tell people we have a blind spot back there. But no-one seems to believe me.

You want proof? Just ask J'inn, "He who shall be trusted"!

Toten

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2003, 11:02:33 am »
Another of my exploits that tests the limits of pure unadulterated suckniess is...

Chasing along side a plazma boat with the PD phasers still on.... hmmm did i press the C key once or twice or three times.....hmmm better open up the PD table and check.... hmmm hey its still on.... OOOHHHHH CRAPPP he launched when I stopped doing range adjustments...... INCOMMMING !!!!!!!!!!

In my haste I still leave the PD phasers on and my speed dropps off...... Out comes the PFs

the next is......  

TheMaverick

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2003, 12:50:49 pm »
Quote:

I see DH123 (whose name on the server I won't say since Croup yelled at me for saying it in game last night) has failed to return to the scene of the crime.

Still in shock I assume.  

I felt like Khan in the movie when he was loooking for the override button. I was so flustered that I was flipping through interfaces trying to find the EM shut off switch.  Normally I know darn well where it is, but well . . . it's hard to think when you are feeling like a complete idiot.

"it's hard to think when you are feeling like a complete idiot"

God have I been there before lmao...