Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276973 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2009, 07:58:46 am »

Probably going to ditch the upper wings.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2009, 06:53:12 pm »
Add a rollbar with a photon tube in it?
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2009, 10:00:08 am »
Possibly.

All three models are below 2k triangles.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2009, 01:44:57 pm »
I don't know FoaS...

If you keep the wings, I can always make them into Macross Warp Fighters
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2009, 02:14:39 pm »
hah, where do you think i got the idea :-P
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »
Multi shot
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:20 pm »
New Fuselage idea im tossing around.

All three with the new fus.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2009, 04:45:33 pm »
FoAS, I looked at the first image in the thread again... specifically at the miranda. How high is the rollbar off the rest of the hull?

The Miranda is my favorite design, so it's a pet peeve of mine to have it look as correct as possible. Some of the models out there hold the rollbar too high with too high of a curve. The ships from the Miranda pack (though wonderful ships they are) are marred by this one flaw. these blueprints have it just right.

Since you kitbash, I wondered if you could correct that little oversight if it's present in the pack? I'm guessing you're using the Miranda Pack model since it seems the rollbar is too high.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #328 on: February 14, 2009, 04:58:41 pm »
I adjusted it, Are you sure that those schematics are accurate?
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2009, 05:52:18 pm »
I can't say. Unlike the Enterprise there isn't much on the Miranda model in terms of accurate schematics. There was no "Checkov's guide to the Reliant" after all.

Best you can do is study the film, since the model was auctioned off (and finding the current owner and asking them to photograph it might not be easy, unlike the 1978 Galactica filming model).

Here's a head-on from Memory Alpha:

The Reliant model pack just seemed to have the rollbar too high for my tastes. Just about everyone else has it lower and 'flatter' than how the Miranda Pack has it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #330 on: February 14, 2009, 05:55:08 pm »
:-)

Robinomicon

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »
Heya, not too wild about the "nacels". I think they clash a bit.

Suggestion: How about a verion of nacel more "sunken" in ala the "Vent" style of the ARROW.

I know areodynamics is a moot point on a spacefighter, but as techlonoly progresses the mentallity is "sleeker, sharper, more predatory looking".

That style of roll bar puts the main ship at around TMP era, so if the fighters are same I can understand that. just doesn't mean they have to look it as well due to nacel style.

;D

Very exciting stuff though!!!

I sent MP some Macross models but haven't heard from him since his crash. If he needs them again hopefully he'll say something, otherwise I was betting in the future you'd see these in SFC.

BTW I think a Fed version of Yukkikaze would be pretty cool...

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »
Bump!

How does this project stand?

Offline Anarion

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: The U.S.S Churchill
« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2009, 06:53:46 am »
Greetings!

From time to time I look to see if my Churchill design is still out there.

I am pleased that it is.....   and some of you have taken the time to model it.

I know that the models I made out there are very low polys.  I made them a long time ago for games that could not handle the detail of my original 3d Studio Model.

I really like the Roosevelt.  He is one of my personal favorite Presidents.  The name fits the class of starship.

I can provide any blueprints or high poly models you need.

Anarion.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: The U.S.S Churchill
« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2009, 10:10:59 am »
Greetings!

From time to time I look to see if my Churchill design is still out there.

I am pleased that it is.....   and some of you have taken the time to model it.

I know that the models I made out there are very low polys.  I made them a long time ago for games that could not handle the detail of my original 3d Studio Model.

I really like the Roosevelt.  He is one of my personal favorite Presidents.  The name fits the class of starship.

I can provide any blueprints or high poly models you need.

Anarion.

Anarion! Good to see you!

The model just needed some tender loving care, nothing to sweat about. I'm glad you approve :-). Do you have any other models in the works?
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2009, 11:44:42 am »
 ;D The Churchill is my all time favorite TMP era Fed ship.

How soon before we can play with the revised version????

Qapla'

KF
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:52:04 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2009, 12:19:37 pm »
could someone post a screenshot of the FCA UI from shipedit - with the hardpoints and all.

EDIT: nevermind - got it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:57:47 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Anarion

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
I haven't made anything in a while.  I am back in school to finish my engineering degree and with work, I don't have much spare time.

Anarion

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2009, 03:18:31 am »
To anyone with notifications on this thread, I point you towards Here
Robinomicon

Offline Anarion

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:49 pm »
I started a new Churchill thread.  I'll post some pics and blueprints of the high-poly model. 

Anarion