Topic: The FoaS release thread.... MY GOD HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!  (Read 14076 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
NOTICE

Site registration no longer needed to access downloads - however, I'd still appreciate it if people registered and left there feedback on the forums.

My Releases.

- Churchill-Class Heavy Cruiser - v2.0
 - Lexington-Class Heavy Cruiser - v2.0
 - Abbe-Class Torpedo Destroyer
 - Ulysses-Class Dreadnaught
 - Juva-class Betelgeusian Star Cruiser - IN MEMORIAM
 - Loknar-class Light Cruiser
 - Okinawa-class Frigate
 - Nitocris-class Light Cruiser
 - Excelsior-class Prototype, Excelsior-class and Excelsior2-class Battlecruisers
 - Lara'atan-class Light Cruiser and the K't'inga-class and Sivista-class Heavy Cruisers
 - V'kar Zadan-class Destroyer, Kelicos light dreadnought, and K'nell Qul battlecruiser

Old Post
Hey guys,

I'm creating this topic to inform you all that the Churchill-Class Heavy Cruiser has been released. It is available for download at my site, (you have to register, mwahahaha).

Feel free to poke around, too. The forums are open to any who are registered, and leave comments on the download page if you'd like :-).

Robinomicon
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:23:03 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: The FoaS release thread.... MY GOD HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:47:53 am »
blocked unless you register..can ya upload at Battleclinic...don't feel like needing to register for one file..that's just dumb.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:16:14 pm »
It won't just be one file for very long. Don't like it? don't download it.
I'd rather not have my stuff on battleclinic for now.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:40:47 pm »
I like the ship..but why does every place need to register? Enough is enough, I don't want a username and password for every frigggen site. I got enough of them. If you want to send it to me I'll put it in BC for you. It will take about a half hr, I did anarions original, I believe. But I'm not going through the trouble of yet another login.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 01:59:06 pm »
Then don't get it.
There's been enough "Gimme Gimme" attitude to last me a lifetime. If folk want my model, then can take 5 minutes to register to my site. It's not my job or desire to appeal to the masses or to you specifically. I'm just releasing stuff in a SLIGHTLY controlled matter.
I don't mind if you convert it to BC, so long as credit is given, but again, I'm not going to take the time out of my day to send you stuff when (A) its available at my site, and (B) you are too lazy, its no loss to me.

Anyways,
Lexington-class heavy cruiser is now available for download as well.
Robinomicon

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:58:25 pm »
Eh, registering at a bunch of sites isn't too big a hassle, especially if I let Firefox remember the passwords.

One little question, why did you paint over the phaser turrets?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 03:09:20 pm »
The phaser turrets were little 8-sided spheres that I neglected to add to the model.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »
The phaser turrets were little 8-sided spheres that I neglected to add to the model.
That's okay! Keeps the poly count under control. Great looking ships, mate!

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 05:12:50 pm »
I've done this in the past, where I've edited the texture and added 2 grey dots inside the squares to appear as phaser balls even if they are not on the model...but ofcourse it'd be up to faos if he wants textures modified. If I were to do it, I'd be eyeballing it.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 06:15:57 pm »
Sense of Humor Alert: Hmm... no phasers on these Federation ships.... I like that! Easy targets! LOL

Minor issues: The Churchill class needs the name "Roosevelt" on the aft rim in front of the hangar doors, an aft navigational marker (the small red circle under the hangar like on the Concord/Lexington for uniformity purposes) and an aft phaser bank there too, IMHO.

I've done this in the past, where I've edited the texture and added 2 grey dots inside the squares to appear as phaser balls even if they are not on the model...but ofcourse it'd be up to faos if he wants textures modified. If I were to do it, I'd be eyeballing it.

May I have a copy of your retexture work for my private use?

Excellent job FoAS! Thank you for sharing these ships. Absolutely worth the time joining your site. I can't wait for the Ulysses DN now or that Betelguesan ship...

Qapla'

KF
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:41:02 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 06:22:12 pm »
All I am going to say id you better have that forgotten password link working as I use it allot
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 07:40:15 pm »
Excellent work!

And I don't mind one bit registering...it only means that I care enough to be treated like a valued participant.

Semper Fi, Carry on
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 08:24:49 pm »
Sense of Humor Alert: Hmm... no phasers on these Federation ships.... I like that! Easy targets! LOL

Minor issues: The Churchill class needs the name "Roosevelt" on the aft rim in front of the hangar doors, an aft navigational marker (the small red circle under the hangar like on the Concord/Lexington for uniformity purposes) and an aft phaser bank there too, IMHO.

May I have a copy of your retexture work for my private use?

Excellent job FoAS! Thank you for sharing these ships. Absolutely worth the time joining your site. I can't wait for the Ulysses DN now or that Betelguesan ship...

Qapla'

KF

LOL, KF, all I do use find the right circle size and stamp grey circiles with the brush tool...but yea, if foas gives me the ok to use assuming it looks decent..I wont even bother him if it doesn't..then I'll post'em here.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 09:21:24 pm »
FoaS, would it be too much to ask for blank textures so some of us could do custom registries?  Just asking.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 09:56:07 pm »

LOL, KF, all I do use find the right circle size and stamp grey circiles with the brush tool...but yea, if foas gives me the ok to use assuming it looks decent..I wont even bother him if it doesn't..then I'll post'em here.

The easiest thing would be to copy the phasers from WZ's original textures. 

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:26 pm »
actualy given my lack of skills it would be harder for me to transfer phasers from someone elses work than it would be for me to place grey dots using the brush tool...

BTW, nice work on that lex, I have, I think, an unfinished gafy one I was going to send to one of the BC guys who can match gafy textures (the early original style) fairly easily, obviously I can throw that one away now lol.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:09:15 pm »
FoaS, would it be too much to ask for blank textures so some of us could do custom registries?  Just asking.

I think I might be able to accommodate.

I'm also thinkin' I'll add the phaser bulbs after all. They are only 8 or 16 (depending on how I do them) polies. No sweat. Keep an eye here and on the site, i'll notify of the fixed download.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:23:47 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:33 pm »
actualy given my lack of skills it would be harder for me to transfer phasers from someone elses work than it would be for me to place grey dots using the brush tool...

BTW, nice work on that lex, I have, I think, an unfinished gafy one I was going to send to one of the BC guys who can match gafy textures (the early original style) fairly easily, obviously I can throw that one away now lol.

I'm glad you like it, SF :-)
Robinomicon

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 12:03:50 am »

The Lexington is a retexture of WZ's, and the original just had painted phaser turrets, so all you'd have to do is open both in Windows Paint, select the dots, and copy&paste them to the new textures.  If you want to make the placing easy, you could spend a few minutes erasing everything except the dots, select all and copy, then paste it onto the new textures with the transparency option on.  There's nothing to it.  In fact, this method is about the only way I can modify textures, since I am utterly lacking in artistic skill.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 07:19:24 am »
I may have just found a way to do break models that'll make me happy.... maybe
Robinomicon