Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 277221 times)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #680 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:50 am »
take the engine pods off and you have a funky Republic cruiser.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #681 on: November 03, 2009, 08:16:43 am »
eh, I don't like Star Wars ships

Underside - off to work, now. Things will commence again in a few hours.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #682 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:52 pm »
CA is almost done (it needs 1 large texture and 1 small texture more). After that I have a few more pieces that need to be textured that aren't on the CA. Then I can rebash the fleet with the new parts.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #683 on: November 03, 2009, 04:02:02 pm »
WOW!

It is so cool to see another non-Federation fleet being completed.

What are your thoughts on ISC Fighters/Shuttles?

I like the stock ones and the stock Paperboy2000 shuttle with ISC textures added to it.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #684 on: November 03, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »
I have not thought all that hard about fighters of any race, and the feds only slightly. Fighter design is a might harder than starship, in my mind. Fighters/Shuttles/PFs, Freighters, and Starbases/Base-stations always have a lower priority in my mind.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #685 on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »
the CA and the BC "side-by-side"
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #686 on: November 03, 2009, 07:03:58 pm »
well, these aren't really Taldren colors, anymore - I ran with Thu11s instead which are more contrasty

Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #687 on: November 04, 2009, 12:44:41 am »
Thanks for the continued replies. Remember: The more you comment, the more motivated I feel.

Started adding glows and some other details. I know thu11s had an orange thing going on, but I feel like if I were to continue his orange-glows it'd be way too close to my federation color scheme. To that end, I have decided to embrace Taldren-colors for glows for the time being. This may change.

Kreeargh, to answer your question. I have no problem with you using my models for whatever animation you may want, but make sure two things happen: 1) you credit ALL those involved in the creation of the models, original modelleres, designers, etc 2) you check with everyone involved, or at least abide by their permissions, too (you might want to run it by WZ, too for example)

I allways ask before i release or attempt to . Though i generaly make my own crap some work i have bashed with full ok from all involved. I just want to enhance what skills i have before i loose them all together. I figure a animation with some good sfc work will inspire the sfc4 crew to get to work  and release ::) and help me continue modeling for sfc - the issues im haveing with gmax and export to .mod.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #688 on: November 04, 2009, 12:53:08 am »
Ps God i love the new textures  :'( is it possable to do a Grey on yellow theme ?
Time for life!

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #689 on: November 04, 2009, 01:03:57 am »
No, these aren't right at all....  There're cool-looking!  They look like ST ships, and not amorphous blobs.  The new skin works much better than the original blue. :thumbsup:
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #690 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:58 am »
Nice man, very cool

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #691 on: November 04, 2009, 08:55:54 am »
Ps God i love the new textures  :'( is it possable to do a Grey on yellow theme ?

God, they look awesome, but you want something different, lol...

been throwing an idea around for a fighter, shuttle, and PF, but I haven't quite made them yet.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #692 on: November 04, 2009, 10:27:32 am »
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #693 on: November 04, 2009, 11:37:36 am »
Jeez, those look amazing. I really like the uniformity, which I think someone mentioned is an ISC hallmark.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #694 on: November 04, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »
ISC Fighter

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #695 on: November 04, 2009, 12:58:35 pm »
Correction:

Fighter and heavy fighter

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #696 on: November 04, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »
Thanks, FW

Starbases are modelled

Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #697 on: November 04, 2009, 02:17:23 pm »
Digging those bases. Fury. Star Base and Battle Station, right?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #698 on: November 04, 2009, 02:17:58 pm »
Correct.
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #699 on: November 04, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »
are those bases also ISC? Atleast one of those would be an awsome andro base come to think of it.