Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273548 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2008, 03:49:12 pm »
It would probably be faster to just make a rib and copy it a few times on a Khaliban warp drive to get the dsame effect. Might not be as poly efficent but the look would still work and you would not have to worry about streching errors on the ribs
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2008, 04:07:36 pm »
The ribs would be easy. The thing I'm worried about is where the ribs lie. On the churchill nacelle there is an indent in the top of it. I could boolean out the indent, then lay the ribbing on top of it.

I'll play after I'm done with this:
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2008, 07:38:31 pm »
Star League is done.

Nitocris is done

Saladin is done

Akula is done

ooooooh what's next.

EDIT

Oh yeah. a Battlecruiser

Orca gunboat

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 07:53:17 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2008, 07:47:03 pm »
what did you do to the ships?, new texture?

as for the akula i see that it got a extra torpedo tube, not bad :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:48 pm »
Um, thats what this thread has entirely been about. New textures. I'm just rebashing with my retexed parts.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2008, 08:27:10 pm »
Interesting take on the Akula :)

What's the story with the warp nacelle grills? Will you be including alternate blue/black textures or are the finals supposed to be yellow/orange?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2008, 08:32:14 pm »
on the star league you have the windows on the lower hull and photon launcher to large compared to the rim and upper pylon
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:49 pm »
on the star league you have the windows on the lower hull and photon launcher to large compared to the rim and upper pylon

Thanks. Fixed now.

Interesting take on the Akula :)

What's the story with the warp nacelle grills? Will you be including alternate blue/black textures or are the finals supposed to be yellow/orange?

When I started with the Connie - I oringally meant everything to be blue with only some Orange parts to balance my pallette. at first I had though that yellow/orange vents would be too much against it, so I vied for a simple shift to blue/purple for vents, ending my color pallette at blue, purple, and orange. It was about when I did the lexington that I realized that it wasn't enough. I Switched gears and did the Orange/Yellow, ending my pallette at Blue, Yellow, and Orange. I liked it, so every ship I did after that had the same color pallette.
I never went back and fixed the connie, and thusly anything that was bashed from the connie either.

At atolm's recommendations, I changed the star league's grilles, and quickly went to everything else as well. I like it better this way.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2008, 10:53:45 pm »
Btw, Centaur

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »
and mars

Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2008, 11:44:48 pm »
Stunning work, FoaS!! Question about the Mars: Would you be open to slinging another fore/aft firing torpedo launcher under the secondary hull? I know that's contradictory to the Mars design, but since it's supposed to be a battleship, it seems a bit light on firepower. Just my opinion, mind you.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2008, 11:45:34 pm »
No worries.

I'm not anal about specific designs. I'll throw one on there see how it goes.

edit:

went well. i'll keep it.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2008, 11:47:48 pm »
One last question: Will you be doing Federation and Ascension class dreadnoughts?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2008, 11:52:31 pm »
One last question: Will you be doing Federation and Ascension class dreadnoughts?

what's the difference between the Federation, Ascension and Star League?

Edit: Nevermind - I pulled the schematics.

I see the differences, but in my mind they are minute. I tend not to go heels over head for accuracy to a specific design, but rather to the general layout. I'm not really going to go heels over head to nail out every little variant. But, it may - in the end - be a possibility. Hope you understand.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2008, 12:00:57 am »

what's the difference between the Federation, Ascension and Star League?

Edit: Nevermind - I pulled the schematics.

I see the differences, but in my mind they are minute. I tend not to go heels over head for accuracy to a specific design, but rather to the general layout. I'm not really going to go heels over head to nail out every little variant. But, it may - in the end - be a possibility. Hope you understand.
Oh, no worries. I was just wondering.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2008, 12:13:59 am »
I was able to bash up the new Churchill nacelles, so it's possible that a retexture of the churchill itself is still a possibility. I'm inclined to think it would serve was as a New Heavy Cruiser and that idea has me excited, so I will do my best on being patient with it. I have ripped apart the shuttlebutt and replaced it with some proper geometry - not the crap that was on there before. the secondary hull mapping has been completely gutted, and the saucer extensions have been remapped. I have also taken the liberty of replacing some parts with Khaliban's connie parts: specifcally the impulse crystals at the top and bottom and the impulse engines. Again, it's a matter of the originals were crap. The bridge and ventral sensor dome are Khaliban's too.

Here's a render of the parts I've replaced on the churchill.

EDIT: I suck at grammar.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:24:41 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:14 am »
I like the Federation Symbol yu have on the side of the Mars there.
Think I might use that if you don't mind, or at least make a variation of it.

The Churchill looks pretty interesting, if you rebuilt the problem areas and are now remapping it the ship will not be as painful to do.
If you need any textures let me know

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2008, 01:52:17 am »
Where does the Churchill come from?

Wasn't impressed with the design ever since I first saw it on Staryards... I felt it was too heavy on the greebles in all the wrong places. Perhaps your retexture will help me change my mind?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2008, 02:57:38 am »
It was a fan made ship by Brian Patrick Montgomery (aka Anarion). First saw it at SciFi Meshes myself, a much higher poly version. I don't have a link to the orginal site anymore not to sure it is still around. When I had to find Anarion a few years back to get premission to release my retextured version, the blue fleet, I found him by chance.

Actually was a pretty agreeiable person to talk with

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2008, 08:40:54 am »
Damn nice work on the Churchill. I'm going to miss the armored bridge. This is my favorite TMP era Federation ship, I use it as my Fed X-cruiser.

This is followed by the FASA Chandley and Lt. Riley's TMP Loknar Refit USS Phobos and the TMP Akula. I use the Akyazi as my X-destroyer.

Anarion's quasi-interactive USS Churchil site is here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~anarion/Churchill/churchill/index.html

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron