Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276088 times)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »
FoaS, what's this new ship you have here? Very cool looking, very unique. I think the word I'm looking for is majestic.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2008, 04:29:05 pm »
which one, the snowflake or the romanesque one?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:42 pm »
The last image you posted looks Atlantian in nature.  At least that's the first thought that comes to mind.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:54 pm »
which one, the snowflake or the romanesque one?
The Romanesque one.  :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2008, 05:31:42 pm »
I designed the original snowflake that I lost in the harddrive crash before I ever saw atlantis, but I understand why people think I was inspired by it.

The romanesque ships have been on my harddrive for years. I've played around with it before, but I was recently at in impass, so I decided to play with it again.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2008, 05:50:12 pm »
Hey guys, I'm looking for some texturing suggestions, especially from you GAFY. Specifically on the back and side of the main hull, where those rows of windows are right now. I'm not digging how blank it is, and I don't know what should go there right now.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:05 am »
Nope! too late.

Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2008, 08:10:04 am »
Oh sweet!
Nice return with those boys :)
If you get a chance, find me, Been thinking of updating my Triaxian starships...

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2008, 11:08:00 am »
They are a mix of modellers ships that I have retexed. Feel free to bash as you wish, especially you Mackie. :-)
let me know when you get around to releasing the stuff k? I feel an itch that needs scratchin and only bashin can do that :p
I have a good number of fairly good designs from years back that didnt work back then, i want to try em out :D
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2008, 05:04:28 pm »
An old mesh of atolm's tweaked, remapped and retextured.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2008, 07:40:14 pm »
Added some signage and a logo (thanks for your help on the logo design, atolm) on the front of the ship, as well as a registry (yes, thats Futhark runic, which was meant as a placeholder, but I really like it there). Added golden trim lines to pull some more color into the design. Added the fractal swirls (which, btw, will be making an appearance on ALL warp grilles of mine in the future) on the warp grilles.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2008, 09:27:24 pm »
The last model was the Triaxian CA, btw. I mention this because here now is the CC.

Robinomicon

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2008, 03:59:03 pm »
I've always really liked the "Colosseum" ships. They have a certain drama emanating from them in the static pics alone. A bit of animation and they'd make the hairs stand up on your neck.

Scalw up that "snowflake" ship and it'd make a great starbase, IMHO.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2008, 04:35:25 pm »
Sorry, posted by mistake.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2008, 06:15:44 pm »

BetaMavrick

« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:37 am »
Fast look at wha tI am doing now
looks good to me i like how you set up the pic.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2008, 09:18:41 am »
Beta, you still have your name misspelled. -wink-.

Guys, let me introduce my little brother. Be nice to him, but let me know if he deserves to be strangled. I will handle things.

btw, working on a quick idea for a Triaxian outpost. Probably won't stick, too human looking. Will post pics soon.
Robinomicon

BetaMavrick

« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2008, 09:26:15 am »
looks awesome i like whut you did with the picture.

Guys, let me introduce my little brother. Be nice to him, but let me know if he deserves to be strangled. I will handle things.

btw, working on a quick idea for a Triaxian outpost. Probably won't stick, too human looking. Will post pics soon.
shut up FoaS

BetaMavrick

« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2008, 09:35:04 am »
looks awesome i like whut you did with the picture.

shut up FoaS
hows the zelot coming

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2008, 11:05:29 am »
The Zealot's color textures are done. all that remains are the Illumination maps, and the typical illumination map, scale down, hardpointing, and break model. I opened up my other Roma Astris guys and I was appalled at the quality of modelling I had back then, so I'm going to have to rework some of them a bit.
Robinomicon