Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276536 times)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:15 am »
Looks sweet, all of it... i quite liked the windows, it would have been nice to see them rotated 90 o  so they where longways ;)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2008, 11:41:15 am »
Here's a thought.

Since the majority of the Fed ships here are TMP and SFB is TOS and NOT canon TMP (timeline not withstanding) then maybe the WHOLE OP+ shiplist needs to be replaced. I believe Atrahasis himself brought up that point as the STOCK and OP+ Shiplist really use TOS based specs for the ships in general. Never mind upgrading the OTHER SFC races to TMP specs or adding TMP Tholians from Klingon Academy or WZ45's TMP Andromedans. Then there is the whole X-ship issue. On the other hand, IMHO it never made much sense for ships that use the same saucer, nacelles, shields and weapons systems to have wild ranges in capabilities or specs... FASA and SFB make no sense at times... Then again, I can't think of any Trek game that is consistent with itself.

Also the USS Phobos has three sets of armaments P81's version and Lt. Riley's and now FOAS'...

Just a thought mind you.

Keep up the good work FOAS!
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2008, 10:52:30 pm »
Okay guys,

It's been a rough last couple weeks. Between my friend dying, me being broke, and homework piling up, I haven't been able to get much done. However, atolm told me of an idea he had: Betalgeusians. Go look on Memory Alpha. betalgeusians were one of the many extra-aliens in TMP. They were the blue guys with the wierd beak looking thing. Yeah, well, atolm designed a heavy cruiser for her. He modelled out a rough model and handed it to me. I have since cleaned, tweak, refitted, scoured, and finished the model. And here she is now.

Now, yes, they ARE a federation member. Oh well.

Unwrapping and texturing to commence soon. ^_^.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2008, 07:17:30 am »
The design definitely catches the eye.  I love how the warp engines don't look so much like hardware, but more like a fluid extension of the ship, aside from the connecting nacelle pylons.

But the flowing, fluid aesthetic can be seen in the main body of the ship.  Simple, but it looks as though it's just flowing, especially when you reach those outstretched wings.

The head of the ship reminds me a bit of Star Wars Episode 5 at Cloud City.

Also, taking a second look, I get the impression at times that I'm looking at a Klingon design, due to the long neck, wings, and the warp nacelle under the ship.  But that's just me.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2008, 01:33:01 pm »
Looks good! Looks alien, and it looks ancient. From a time where aesthetics were just as important as function. They were used to intimidate, like the vikings did, for instance. Or to show intelligence, sometimes. That's the impression I get from this ship. They are intelligent beings first, and they want to make that impression.

So, what's the function of the apparatus on the wingtips? :)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2008, 01:40:17 pm »
This is neat, cool design! Don't know why, but the head reminds me of a shark. Maybe like a fin.

What color scheme were you thinking of going with?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:26 pm »
Thanks guys.

the things on the ends of the wingtips: on the left is the bridge, the right is a temple. :-).

The color scheme is still being debated betwen Atolm and I. We're looking at a slate black, like a dark marble with some dark grey (but lighter than the black) grid lines. The glows will either be turquoise or orange and red.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2008, 01:29:23 am »
Thanks guys.

the things on the ends of the wingtips: on the left is the bridge, the right is a temple. :-).

The color scheme is still being debated betwen Atolm and I. We're looking at a slate black, like a dark marble with some dark grey (but lighter than the black) grid lines. The glows will either be turquoise or orange and red.

Strange I was thinking more of a Brown with a blackish marbled pattern , and Yellow with red and green added for the lighted areas. I think this ship would look good with a more organic look to it like Farscapes Maya. Hull lights in Yellow with a white u around the edges on them, and the recessed areas more of a gray added to the brown I would blend it to be darkest in the center of the recessed area and get lighter, more brown, towards the edges. The Black ship just seems to prirate to me.

Of coarse a Dark Blue with Purplish/red glows and gray pattern would work with black recessed areas and greenish blue windows works too.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2008, 10:49:24 am »
Unwrapping is complete, and texturing has began.

The teal parts will become more complex as I work this guy.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2008, 02:09:36 pm »
Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2008, 05:15:29 pm »
Knew it was the right decision to let you run with your gut on this.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2008, 10:12:24 pm »
See? Trust your local FoaS.

Testing some Lightmaps
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11:24 pm »
Showing off the windows and the bottom of the wings
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2008, 11:22:03 pm »
Frikin beautiful dude ! :notworthy:
Time for life!

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2008, 06:52:22 am »
That's looking rather sweet!
BTW I PMed You :)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2008, 07:12:02 am »
Man I look at that ship and Space Vikings comes to Mind  ;D

Great work there keep it up

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2008, 07:14:50 pm »
Still here :-)
Robinomicon

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2008, 09:42:42 pm »
Cool!

Nice direction with the color choices, that orange is good.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2008, 08:13:07 pm »
she's done.

She's named J'Va in honour of the friend of mine who passed away a few weeks ago. His last name was Juva. He would've liked this design, for what little he was into Star Trek anymore.

Edit: forgot a shuttlebay >.<
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:40:41 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2008, 12:36:49 pm »
Thats a Fitting honour mate.
I personally would(and will) opt it as JuVa, and not use the oh so common:  '   :)