Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273653 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »
Don't know about Adonis' Excelsior being in Excalibur, but chances are it probably will be.  That or Wiley's Excelsior mesh.

you may be right, it may be wiley's. In any event, until LC says so, I cannot release the excels :-/
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:10 pm »
Well the only other good mesh I know of is Tip Tops mesh from Legacy. My understanding there is that she's a poly beast 40k+ but scince I could never port any Legacy models I'm unsure of here exact size. I know he has alowed others to bash up some of his meshes in the past so it might be worth a look.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2009, 03:33:08 pm »
FoaS, weren't you working on an Excelsior of your own?  I remember she had some fine detail and a clean mesh.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2009, 03:35:38 pm »
Personally I'd want one of the "Big Three"- Constitution Refit, Miranda, or Excelsior. Of the latter two, I haven't seen a design that I'm satisfied with. No Miranda model has been perfect with detail and geometry, and Adonis' Excelsior variants are MIA.

Aside from those, the Akula is always welcome. I love that little ship :) I also like the Loknar too....

Unfortunately I cannot release the Excelsiors until LC Amaral gives his okay. I'm afraid that he was subject to a string of incidents where he did not receive proper respect with his works. I do have my own Excelsior model, but I very much like his more.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2009, 03:36:55 pm »
Ahhhh.  I personally liked the one you were working on.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2009, 03:38:09 pm »
Ahhhh.  I personally liked the one you were working on.

But the one I have from LC is already done >.< I don't want to have to go back
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2009, 01:02:54 am »
Will the textures you did fit on the LC mesh straight out of the box? If so you could just release the textures and give a link or two to places that already have the mesh. I mean you did download it from somewhere at one time. Others could do the leg work too for a realy nice ship ind scine you arn't releasing the mesh you should need permisions right?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2009, 01:48:26 am »
I don't want to play it cheap, thats more than a bit disrespectful to LC. I have faith, LC is a nice guy and he sees how hard I work. I think he might - in time - give his blessings.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2009, 08:33:03 am »
Besides, the SFC Modeling Community doesn't like doing things like that.  We either get the full permission, or we just don't release it.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:49 pm »
No disrespect was intended. I was just tring to find a compramise that would make everyone happy. I don't know why LC won't let another version of this ship out because theres already like 4 or 5 in the SFC community but its his mesh so he gets all the say so and I totally respect that. Artist controle of there work is the only way communities like this stay around and accumulat the kick ass stuff we aready have. It really is too bad though.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #390 on: May 16, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
No disrespect was intended. I was just tring to find a compramise that would make everyone happy. I don't know why LC won't let another version of this ship out because theres already like 4 or 5 in the SFC community but its his mesh so he gets all the say so and I totally respect that. Artist controle of there work is the only way communities like this stay around and accumulat the kick ass stuff we aready have. It really is too bad though.

Nah, I didn't assume that there was disrespect intended (I didn't think you were being disrespectful) - I just was explaining why I wasn't comfortable with it.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #391 on: May 17, 2009, 01:24:13 pm »
doobedoobedo

Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #392 on: May 17, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »
Ok which is you the green or the red? Right now the green looks better but that might change as mor of the ships gets done.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #393 on: May 17, 2009, 02:12:52 pm »
The red parts are mine. They are still a WIP - but again, this is FoaSized. I'm going more by Qonos One colors.

New Render
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:23:11 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #394 on: May 17, 2009, 03:41:05 pm »
The red parts are mine. They are still a WIP - but again, this is FoaSized. I'm going more by Qonos One colors.

New Render

Nice! Is there a D-10, a Suvwi'qeH or a Kteremny in the works too?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #395 on: May 17, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »

Nice! Is there a D-10, a Suvwi'qeH or a Kteremny in the works too?

Qapla'

KF

I think I'm going to play with a lot of WZ's stuff and the good FASA klinks (no fatman >.<) like the Gull or whatever its called. Which one is the D-10?

Edit: Haha - D10 = Riskhad (or however its spelt). Yeah I have Korah's version here, so that'll get some attention too

Second Edit: I also don't know where the BoP is going to stand, in my universe - is it klingon or romulan. For those of you who say "but its always been a klink ship" The original script for Star Trek 3 gives the BoP to the romulans, but has it stolen by the that klingon captain. The design of the BoP is more romulan than klingon, IMHO
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:08:08 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #396 on: May 17, 2009, 04:52:49 pm »

Second Edit: I also don't know where the BoP is going to stand, in my universe - is it klingon or romulan. For those of you who say "but its always been a klink ship" The original script for Star Trek 3 gives the BoP to the romulans, but has it stolen by the that klingon captain. The design of the BoP is more romulan than klingon, IMHO

I use Terradyhne's FASA Klingon L'rexa in place of the KBOP. I liked the idea that the BOP was a stolen Romulan design but I don't use them myself. I prefer the T-10 or it's variants as the RBOP.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #397 on: May 17, 2009, 04:56:10 pm »
It'll take some thinking and playing. For one - I need to think up what I'm going to do with TMP roms. Atolm has some great designs - but they are a bit beyond my capabilities to model. Once they are modelled, I'll texture them and I MAY integrate the K-BoP into that motif.

The L'Rexa looks promising - I just grabbed it :-).

Coming along nicely.

Floating around the interwebs there is a set of very high-res images of Qonos One. The link that I had, the images are now dead. Does anyone have the set handy?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:10:59 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #398 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:18 pm »
A good reference for Trek filming models is from Starshipmodeler. They've got standard and Quo'Nos images there.

I'm afraid to admit I'm a little underwhelmed FoAS, I was expecting something a little more exotic from a Klingon redesign. Doesn't seem much different from your average Quo'Nos 1 repait to me :\

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #399 on: May 17, 2009, 11:20:31 pm »
Well, I'm really not that radical. The federation retex's have always been in the footsteps of GAFY's treatment of them - just my own way. I've always loved the Qonos One look, so I ran with it. The thing about it is that this will be the common klingon colors now - not just for qonos one.
Robinomicon