Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276141 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2009, 11:48:21 pm »
So you're going to do gold and red repaints for the entire Klink fleet?

....that sounds fun actually. Like to see what the results will be :) So what would the new Quo'Nos one look like now that the scheme is adopted fleetwide?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2009, 11:49:09 pm »
So you're going to do gold and red repaints for the entire Klink fleet?

....that sounds fun actually. Like to see what the results will be :) So what would the new Quo'Nos one look like now that the scheme is adopted fleetwide?

Yup!

to be honest, as far as the new Qonos One? I haven't thought that far, or even know if I'm going to bother.

In formation
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:43:52 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2009, 01:14:35 am »
It would be cool to see a fleet lineup in these colors... sans the BOP. For some reason that ship is a kind of combo-breaker for the Klink fleet... all the Fed ships look similiar to a degree, but when it came to the FASA klink list (and the like), the BOP stood out like a sore thumb. I'd like to see the D-10, Gull, and similar ships sharing the D-7's 'look and feel' in your colors, representing a unified fleet.

How far have you thought about the Klingons? Do they still have slave races ala SFB? Two species of Klingons (smooth-heads vs bumpy heads)? Do they have an Emperor as speculated before TNG or do they have a chancellor?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:49 am »
This one will give you the TMP kligon Cruiser which is close, Q1 just has add-ons and different colouring Click me!

This one has a few more and Q1 Click me!

More ...!

Probably have more links but I think these will give you what you wanted
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:26 am »
Very nice work on the Ktinga Class.  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:42 am »
It would be cool to see a fleet lineup in these colors... sans the BOP. For some reason that ship is a kind of combo-breaker for the Klink fleet... all the Fed ships look similiar to a degree, but when it came to the FASA klink list (and the like), the BOP stood out like a sore thumb. I'd like to see the D-10, Gull, and similar ships sharing the D-7's 'look and feel' in your colors, representing a unified fleet.

How far have you thought about the Klingons? Do they still have slave races ala SFB? Two species of Klingons (smooth-heads vs bumpy heads)? Do they have an Emperor as speculated before TNG or do they have a chancellor?

Look about 5 or 6 posts ago, its where I told KF that I will be messing with the FASA Klinks that I like.

will the klingons have slave races? officially no, but practically yes, (second class citizens). One species (slightly bumpy head, like Chang). They have both - the Emporer's throne is empty awaiting the return of Kahless.

This one will give you the TMP kligon Cruiser which is close, Q1 just has add-ons and different colouring Click me!

This one has a few more and Q1 Click me!

More ...!

Probably have more links but I think these will give you what you wanted

Yup, I've seen them. WZ was able to send me all the shots I need :-)

Very nice work on the Ktinga Class.  ;D

BTW: is there a D5 out there that isn't atra's?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:54:35 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2009, 01:23:04 pm »
Il like the colors. One segetion, sharpen the textures once and increase contrast 10 points.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:00 pm »
it may be worth it, the contrast. - but the textures themselves are actually vectored - so they are as sharp as they can be. What you are seeing is how I do raised panelling. I go with a GI look. with shadows around the outside of raised panels, and a highlight around the inside. For downed panels I have a shadow around the inside and a highlight around the outside. It may need tweaking, however.

Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2009, 03:07:15 pm »
A pity you can't replicate all the intricate greebling around the bridge on Klingon vessels. Interesting that Klinks have them compared to the Feds. Maybe Romulans would be somewhere in between? And will you be providing points for the disruptors on the engine pods or are you of the mindset that klink heavies are Photons?

Is there something wrong with Atra's D5 or is he just protective about his stuff?

If you need a Klink Light cruiser why not use a D-4? And although it's listed as a Frigate, I treat the L-9 as a NCL for the klinks. I know there's a model of the latter with several versions- with or without the photon tube in the nose, but I'm not sure if there are any D4s out there.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:56 pm »
I'm not a fan of Atra's work, so I was trying to determine if there was an alternative - if not, I'll use it.

Sorry, I didn't notice your question of destroyers. Klingons. in my universe, use a combination of Phasers and Beam Disruptors for Primaries (more phasers than disruptors) with Pulse Disruptors for Heavies, backed up by Drones for tertiary.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:40:08 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2009, 04:46:36 pm »
There's Desty's D5, but it's pretty low res. It'll be accurate though.

http://www.4shared.com/file/15498778/d888adb4/kcl.html
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2009, 06:19:19 pm »
thanks rod :-).
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2009, 07:16:07 pm »
Actually - does anyone have a backup of Desty Nova's works - i mean, the entire site?
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2009, 09:15:51 pm »
Almost done - Just got the nacelles, nacelle pylons, and the underside - plus one or two straggler parts.

Remember: the more you comment, the better I will feel :-)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:25:56 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2009, 10:03:25 pm »
That is a sharp lookin' ship.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »
Yes I like how it is coming along nicely

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2009, 12:08:18 am »
Thanks you two :-)

And just to let you folks know, I've decided to do the Chandley, but in TOS form to help round out my Fed TOS fleet.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:41 am »
Remember: the more you comment, the better I will feel :-)

So if I continually nag you about the Fed releases, does that mean you'll be ecstatic? ;)

And just to let you folks know, I've decided to do the Chandley, but in TOS form to help round out my Fed TOS fleet.

Are you going to release the TMP version (I presume it's done?) or are you planning on releasing the ships and their TOS versions side-by-side? How did that beautiful tos connie end up?

I peeked at Rod's link for the D5... gotta say... there isn't much difference from the D7. The only noticeable difference I see is that the secondary hull (the big flat hull) is a little smaller than the one on the D7. Even the model pack for the D5 here on Battleclinic has a different command module! Maybe swapping the boom from one to the other?

Bah. One of the reasons why I didn't like the klink SFB designs- they all looked alike :\

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #418 on: May 19, 2009, 12:23:38 am »
No, I never did a TMP chandley retexture. I just know that people like it, and rather than add yet ANOTHER TMP federation ship to the fleet that I have going, (which is almost something like 30 ships), I'd figure I'd make it TOS to help round out those ranks.
Robinomicon

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2009, 12:28:29 am »
Interesting colour styling. I do like the close detail but it looks like one of those paper model kits. Most impressive.