Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273573 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2009, 03:53:01 pm »
Atrahasis did one if I'm not mistaken, but his stuff isn't up for download any longer
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:12 pm »
If anyone has Atra's detroyat, I'd love to get my hands on it.

BTW, now that the Loknar is out, what should be next?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #442 on: May 23, 2009, 03:32:13 pm »
What does the Davids look like?

My vote for the next release would either be the Miranda, or the Akula and Akyazi.

I also noticed your TOS fleet is lacking a frigate. Is the Saladin going to be the lightest in the TOS fleet or are you going to have the Destroyat/Burke in the lineup for that role?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #443 on: May 23, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »
The destroyat would probably be a light cruiser or destroyer. The Burke is likely going to be a frigate. I'm also considering doing a custom sihp along the lines of the Intrepid from the NX-era, but TOSified.
Robinomicon

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2009, 04:56:54 pm »
I sent it to you did you get it?

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
The destroyat would probably be a light cruiser or destroyer. The Burke is likely going to be a frigate. I'm also considering doing a custom sihp along the lines of the Intrepid from the NX-era, but TOSified.

I'd defenetly like to see that, perhaps even tmp.

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #446 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:55 am »
FOAS, I know I've approached you before on previous meshes, but could I bother you for the D-7?

Currently I use Red Dragon's, but like a lot of Klingon ships the most hard parts are the curved front of the hull where the neck meets it and sometimes the vents . On both texture sets you really seem to have a tight texture and even close up it doesn't have as much pixilization for flyby's like other models have.

I'd like to test it out, if it would be a suitable replacement. Not that I need to replace RD's but hey if I can "trade up" so to speak. More Kudos to you right.  :angel:

Here's a funny old shot.

I was doing a size comparison and realized I need to reduce it like 50-60%. I'm in the fed Fighter firing out the K'Tinga's Torp tube... Heh, they make them big around here huh?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #447 on: May 24, 2009, 02:25:39 am »
I sent it to you did you get it?

I did indeed, but I have not played around with it, yet. Many thanks.

I'd defenetly like to see that, perhaps even tmp.

I have enough TMP ships - and since the TOS frigate is lacking, I'll throw it in there. It was actually the Atrayu by Markyd? that gave me the idea.

FOAS, I know I've approached you before on previous meshes, but could I bother you for the D-7?

Currently I use Red Dragon's, but like a lot of Klingon ships the most hard parts are the curved front of the hull where the neck meets it and sometimes the vents . On both texture sets you really seem to have a tight texture and even close up it doesn't have as much pixilization for flyby's like other models have.

I'd like to test it out, if it would be a suitable replacement. Not that I need to replace RD's but hey if I can "trade up" so to speak. More Kudos to you right.  :angel:

Here's a funny old shot.

I was doing a size comparison and realized I need to reduce it like 50-60%. I'm in the fed Fighter firing out the K'Tinga's Torp tube... Heh, they make them big around here huh?

Sure thing. I haven't gotten it quite ready for conversion, but I'll see what I can do.
Robinomicon

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2009, 04:15:43 am »
Awesome! And don't forget about your cool fighters, just in case you've put them on the back burner for now. Something you should get around to someday... The WIP pics had me salivating...

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2009, 01:49:17 pm »
I see a dead Javalen in that D7's future!LOL

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #450 on: May 25, 2009, 01:39:27 am »
FoAS, in addition to the TOS ships, are you going to throw any pre-TOS ships into the fleet as late-comers? I don't mean the Texas specifically, but ships like the Kelvin (I dunno about all of you but I liked the design) or the Baton Rouge would be interesting one-time sights... maybe the national fleet ships of the TOS fleet.

And FoAS, for some of the TOS ships, have you considered using alternate nacelles for the various ships? The TOS Chandley for example... might look good with a pair of these.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #451 on: May 25, 2009, 08:49:21 am »
I tend to use the Starfleet Museum for my Pre-TOS stuff, unfortunately there aren't enough models out there of those ships. I may remedy that some day, but its not a priority for me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:59:32 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #452 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:05 pm »
There are alot of the Romulan war ships on SFC FF and Sandman has a faily good Wasp, Moskova, Lancaster, Al Burak, and Valley Forge models up on Battleclinic. Terradhyne has a Paris, Swordfish, and Siegfried meshs. He also has the Furious, Specter, Predator and Avenger Meshes on SFC FF. Andurial's Asia is on FF and Battleclinic. And there is a Kestrel model on BC Files and it might be on SFC FF and Battleclinic too. That leaves The Romulan War Demo Mod over on Amada2 FF which has most of the ships in it although the models of the 23rd Century ships are a bit on the low poly side.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #453 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »
forgive me for adding to the barage of questions/significant workload you already have but any chance of the mendoza/bassmaster or mackies galahad type vessels? I can't use gafy's original X class textures on those because the ships seem to be slightly different in just the rights spots, hence I am curious if you'll go to that era or not?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2009, 08:32:15 am »
I'm debating for going for the X-era stuff. I haven't made up my mind, yet.
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #455 on: May 26, 2009, 12:07:10 pm »
forgive me for adding to the barage of questions/significant workload you already have but any chance of the mendoza/bassmaster or mackies galahad type vessels? I can't use gafy's original X class textures on those because the ships seem to be slightly different in just the rights spots, hence I am curious if you'll go to that era or not?

Thats because the orginal ones I did I reworked the mapping on them. P81 does good work and is fast at it but he left allot of little issues on the models. At first I use to work around those area with the textures then finally started to fix the errors, in the last stages of my work I moved over to WZs' ships. There is much less work involved using his versions.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #456 on: May 26, 2009, 12:20:20 pm »

Thats because the orginal ones I did I reworked the mapping on them. P81 does good work and is fast at it but he left allot of little issues on the models. At first I use to work around those area with the textures then finally started to fix the errors, in the last stages of my work I moved over to WZs' ships. There is much less work involved using his versions.

Which ships of the p81 X-Fleet did you correct?
Robinomicon

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #457 on: May 26, 2009, 07:03:41 pm »
...in the last stages of my work I moved over to WZs' ships. There is much less work involved using his versions.

Nice to be appreciated...
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #458 on: May 26, 2009, 07:34:53 pm »
...in the last stages of my work I moved over to WZs' ships. There is much less work involved using his versions.

Nice to be appreciated...

Don't get me wrong - I love the Merlin - its just not very kitbash friendly.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2009, 08:13:39 pm »
I used the hull from the Merlin when I kitbashed the Chabot Refit.  I've also taken parts from the Merlin for other personal uses in the past.  Never had a problem.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.