Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276617 times)

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2009, 09:51:42 pm »
Don't get me wrong - I love the Merlin - its just not very kitbash friendly.

I didn't say anything about the Merlin.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:41 pm »
Don't get me wrong - I love the Merlin - its just not very kitbash friendly.

I didn't say anything about the Merlin.

I know you didn't. I was more replying to GAFY's post, but I didn't want you to feel underappreciated by me, either :-P
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2009, 11:12:04 pm »
...in the last stages of my work I moved over to WZs' ships. There is much less work involved using his versions.

Nice to be appreciated...

Oh trust me you are, WZ.

The amount of time I have to spend to retexture your models, is only spent on the textures and how to make them look. I don't have to worry about streching issues, weird bumps in the models mapping not lining up across textures if I want to put a line there. The only time I think there was any remapping issues on a model was on a kitbashed ship not an orginal work of yours. Still not sure if the part that needed the reworking was one of yours.

The X-ship where a CA, a DN, and a BB. I never did the destroyer where I fixed the mapping errors on the saucer someone else applied my textures to it. The texture set was a aqua one when i was in one of those phases, used that same modified saucer on the two miranda kitbashes I did and released on Mackies site.

I also did another retexture of the DD, CA and DN on the unmodified versions that can be found in this Thread. In this case all the streched areas and mismatched areas are hidden by texturing tricks, on one of the older ones I did I fixed the errors but nolonger have the software to fix those things or the will to learn GMax. I don't think these ever made to release either, few ppl have them but that is as far as they got.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:02 pm »
This all has me thinking now...
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #464 on: May 27, 2009, 12:56:07 pm »
After finals I'm gonna tackle those ships of GAFYs.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #465 on: May 28, 2009, 10:23:46 pm »
Not as unbashable as I once thought :-)
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #466 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:03 am »
Interesting but the shuttle bay needs to be taller right now by ther look of the windows on the sauser it is only about 10 feet tall at the opening
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #467 on: May 29, 2009, 01:11:05 am »
Well, those are WZ's textures - not mine. It looks like the shuttlebay is 2 decks tall.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #468 on: May 29, 2009, 12:20:09 pm »
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #469 on: May 29, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »
Wow,(wipes drol from lip

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #470 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:32 pm »
Still WZ's textures - All I did was make the merlin a bit more inline with the stock FCX (the neck and what not).
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #471 on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:49 pm »
Probably the least favorite engine designs he has done for me. You might want to try different ones to see if they look better on her.

The next question goes so where are you going to go with the textures for them?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #472 on: May 29, 2009, 06:35:36 pm »
What I would do with the engines is just isolate them and thicken them up.  Leave length and height the same, just widen them.  I did it when I needed the engines, and it worked wonders in my appearance.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #473 on: May 31, 2009, 03:03:10 pm »
I haven't worked on a model in a bit, but here's something I've been cooking up

I wish there was a way to get rid of that dithering, but I don't know how.

Here's another
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:20:10 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #474 on: May 31, 2009, 06:06:04 pm »
Nice space background!  Is this something we can d/l from you?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:09:27 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #475 on: May 31, 2009, 06:46:13 pm »
I'm trying to get a feel for how big a resolution you need in comparison to how much screen-space that the nebula takes up.. I hope to make something sort of like the entry to the Garden of Kadesh (for anyone who has played homeworld)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:21 pm »
Just in case you guys think I've dropped off the face of the planet again.

Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2009, 11:43:29 pm »
I don't worry when you drop off the planet anymore, you seem to always find your way back and no one has lodked the doors around here yet

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #478 on: June 11, 2009, 01:58:43 am »
how frustrating it is to see you make an Excelsior bridge... yet you cannot release the excelsior model.

:(

Where did the TOS efforts end?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:45 am »

I'm trying to persuade LC to let me release the excels, but I haven't heard from him yet.
The TOS stuff? I made the new connie, but never made refined bashes of anything else. I'll get to it.
Robinomicon