Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276280 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:24 am »
The Basic Light module has been released. I am working on an advanced lighting module that'll include desk lamps and other specialized lights. All the ones in the Basic light are rather uniform. The advanced will have more freeform.

Get it here
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2009, 01:01:25 pm »
The Gull is done

I need to get permission from Terra to release.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:13:15 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:50 pm »

Its the same colour scheme I've been working on for klinks for the last two months...
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »
The Gull is done

I need to get permission from Terra to release.

I can see Terradyhne's K'teremny also using these identical textures...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2009, 09:17:57 pm »
I'll get to it, but first its the Sabre and the Riskadh.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2009, 01:33:27 am »
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2009, 06:00:54 am »
I'll get to it, but first its the Sabre and the Riskadh.

SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT:

Sorry, my nom de guerre, won't allow me to let this post stand without comment, ROTFL...

I see a K' t'inga, a Sivista (L-9 Sabre) and a Laraatan (D-18 Gull Wing) in these pictures.

This is the FASA D-10 Riskadh...http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/klingons/D-10/D-10_dorsal.jpg

I recommend using Atrahasis' D-10B as it is the best model of the Riskadh available IMHO.

BTW: These retextures look great. Regarding the K'teremny, my comments were meant to state that I was willing to retexture the K'teremny if you released the K'tinga and the Gull as a way to save you some time as the texture sets for the Klingon ships you are working on have a pretty uniform set of textures already.

Qapla'
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2009, 01:17:22 pm »
I know you matched up the nacelles to make the ships the sizes they turned out, but I always thought the L-9 was a frigate compared to the D-7's battlecruiser. Odd that a lower class of ship turned out bigger?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:03 pm »
FASA's classifications have always been off compared to SFBs. I'm putting both the sabre and the D7 a Heavy Cruiser. The Gull Wing is a Light Cruiser or destroyer (I haven't decided yet).

BTW: the Sabre is done. I've got a double shift to work today, so I don't know if I will get a chance to work on the Riskadh after work.
KF: I'll take a bash at the K'Terremny after the Riskadh. Texture bashing really bothers me because of the tendancy for stretched textures. I'll handle it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:52:19 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2009, 04:20:40 pm »
FASA's classifications have always been off compared to SFBs. I'm putting both the sabre and the D7 a Heavy Cruiser. The Gull Wing is a Light Cruiser or destroyer (I haven't decided yet).

BTW: the Sabre is done. I've got a double shift to work today, so I don't know if I will get a chance to work on the Riskadh after work.
KF: I'll take a bash at the K'Terremny after the Riskadh. Texture bashing really bothers me because of the tendancy for stretched textures. I'll handle it.

Dead on assessment of the FASA ship classification abnormalities/inconsistencies. My favorite (pet peeve) FASA anomaly is how the Chandley class should be a heavy cruiser rather than a frigate.

Thanks for the progress report on the Riskadh and for sharing your concern about the artistic attention to detail on the upcoming K' teremny retexture.

Keep up the great work and I can't wait to play with the new Klingon ship sets.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #510 on: June 27, 2009, 01:39:08 am »
Thanks KF,

I'm also thinking ahead to what I want to do with the Roms. I think I'm going to embrace the Copper-Oxide and Copper thing that Atra had going on - but of course with my own spin - Probably with orange or red glows. I have a design that Atolm handed me that will make a good starting point, I think. Its just a few sketches - so I'll have to model it on my own, and some of the elements are a bit intimidating - so it might be a bit.
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #511 on: June 27, 2009, 11:41:46 am »
there's always those few by kthyla the have large warp grilles for you to play with :D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #512 on: June 27, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »
I just got distracted from the klingons a bit in order to think out what I'm going to do with the Romulans. Here's going to be my starting point for them. There was a sketch from Atolm sitting on my harddrive, so I made this from it.

The premise is pretty simple. From the D7, the klingons made the K'Tinga, a refit of the aging heavy crusier. The romulans also refitted what D7s were traded to them for the cloaking device - making the Stormbird.
Robinomicon

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:34 am »
Looks like a JJ style D7.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »
LOL   Its quite a bit older than "JJ-verse" mate :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2009, 06:35:44 pm »
Rom fleet continues.

Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #516 on: June 28, 2009, 09:28:59 pm »
these are going to be fun...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #517 on: June 28, 2009, 11:33:07 pm »
What, guys, not even a "hey looks cool" anymore?
Robinomicon

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2009, 03:32:07 am »
LOL   Its quite a bit older than "JJ-verse" mate :)

Not implying plagiarism. just that it would fit, stylistically, with the JJprise
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:41 am »
sweet...a new firehawk.